• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions
    49ers
    Ravens
    Rams

Mostly all the good teams people expect to be good took an L this week. It happens. Can’t win em all. You go lose a few tough ones. It’s not about how you start. It’s how you finish. Even the Chiefs struggled to beat the Bengals today and not in convincing fashion.
    Last edited by Lionsfan123; September 15, 2024, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
      Lions
      49ers
      Ravens
      Rams

Mostly all the good teams people expect to be good took an L this week. It happens. Can’t win em all. You go lose a few tough ones. It’s not about how you start. It’s how you finish. Even the Chiefs struggled to beat the Bengals today and not in convincing fashion.
      The Chiefs won because that idiot Chase had to get in the ref's face and draw a huge penalty.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Caleb still hasn’t learned that this isn’t college

Comment

• Everything is falling apart around Stafford’s Rams just like 2022. All of the OLine injuries. Nacua last week. Now losing Kupp yesterday.

I was with many of you in thinking they would be a NFC playoff lock. Not sure right now.

Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
          I’m pretty much convinced that Mike Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL. The Steelers will probably have a winning record with a combo of Fields and Wilson this year.
          Yet Steelers fans have been wanting him fired for years. I get it… no playoff success in a decade plus. It seems like to me it’s more of a Steelers front office issue and how they have botched QB decisions. Old Big Ben, Mitch Trubisky, Kenny Pickett, Russell Wilson, and Justin Fields. Mixed in with how the OLine was a mess for the longest time prior to investing in it recently.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Dumbest decision of the day goes to Sean Payton.

Down 7 points. 1:54 left, 1 timeout. Broncos don’t go for the onside kick. WTF? Do you understand math?!
            Coaches almost uniformly make the decision that extends the game, even if it probably isn't the best statistical chance.

Comment

• Which would have required attempting an onside kick. Sean Payton made a decision that practically ended the game. Very, very dumbassed. If Payton would have come out after the game and said “I f***-ed up.” Ok, I could understand that response. All humans make stupid mistakes.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Which would have required attempting an onside kick. Sean Payton made a decision that practically ended the game.
                No. Kicking the onside kick ends the game right there. Kicking off gave the illusion of "one last chance," which was technically what they got.

Comment

• They ended up getting the ball with 17 seconds left and no timeouts.
                  I know the new “ safe” onside kicks are near impossible to recover.

Comment

• Last night's game was a tough watch with the constant Caleb Williams love fest. Jesus. The sports media has him in the Hall of Fame two games into his career.

He may end up being great, but right now, he is a rookie who is playing like a rookie.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And the Eagles are the latest championship Calibur team to join that list of contenders that took a tough loss this week. Unto week 3

Comment

• Prevented the win with that 1.5 min defense. Atl was inside the 10 with 50 seconds left.

wow
                        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
                          Prevented the win with that 1.5 min defense. Atl was inside the 10 with 50 seconds left.

wow
                          Maybe the Lions should take note of how to run a 2 minute offense? Like others have said, it feels like the Lions are afraid they will score too quickly and give the ball back, then they end up not scoring at all or getting a tie....Luckily they won the coin flip in Rams game or it could be 0-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
                            Prevented the win with that 1.5 min defense. Atl was inside the 10 with 50 seconds left.

wow
                            3rd and 3 with 1:43 to go, Atlanta had just used their last TO. If Philly had run instead of passed, how much time would they have been able to run off the clock? 30 seconds? 35? I’m not sure of the exact clock management mechanics anymore.

Im also curious what the analytics might say about using all 4 downs to try for the first instead of kicking the FG in that situation
                            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• If the pass was complete to Barkley, the game would have been over. If it was short of a first down, I would think the Eagles would go for it. Hurts seems to be pretty automatic on sneaks. If they had run on 3rd down and been held to negative yards and kicked the FG on fourth down, Atlanta would have gotten the ball back with about a minute on the clock, maybe less.
                              3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                              10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I know I’m getting into the weeds here but…if they run a QB sneak or one of those plays were the QB reaches over the line then pulls the ball back. Does the clock run while the refs try to spot the ball? Or does it stop on the whistle?
                                "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                                X