No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, last play of the game down 7, Ravens receiver catches the ball in the air in the back of the end zone and the very outside edge of his right toe is on the line when he touches down. Game over.

Comment

• Ouch
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
        Wow, last play of the game down 7, Ravens receiver catches the ball in the air in the back of the end zone and the very outside edge of his right toe is on the line when he touches down. Game over.
        Close but no cigar.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Fantastic way to start a season. Again, so fun to bet on Mahomes.

First time having a Friday night game during week 1 of a NFL season. Eagles vs Packers. Leaning with the Eagles here. I like the Eagles depth chart more and having a 100% healthy Hurts gives them a better shot. New Eagles coordinators and most importantly not having toxic Matt Patricia around tanking their season. These overseas games are so random though.

Fly Eagles Fly. With Saquon Barkley, their 2021 Georgia Bulldogs college defense, and CJGJ.​
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Well, Ben Johnson stole that play from former (clown) Michigan OC Josh Gattis... Who probably “stole it” from someone else. And so on. 2021 Michigan vs Ohio State for reference.

Just like the Philly Special was stolen from the Lions. Very normal in sports. Professional people who watch tape for a living have a purpose with their role.

It’s so fun to root for Mahomes. Pressure on Lamar to lead a big comeback. Oh no.
            Right? Like nobody had ever thought to run an end around with a speedy WR before.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
              Wow, last play of the game down 7, Ravens receiver catches the ball in the air in the back of the end zone and the very outside edge of his right toe is on the line when he touches down. Game over.
              I didnt see the game but reading teh comments on it people were saying "Lamar is still a choker", but is it his fault the WRs toe was 1/8th of an inch over the line? Can you imagine betting on Baltimore and losing because of that?

Comment

• Lamar has flaws (such as intermediate and downfield passing), but it’s just clickbait-e overreaction to come away thinking that.

Damn good football team.
                KC played slightly better and lucked out in the end of a coin flip-like game. If Likely’s toe was positioned a few centimeters differently, Ravens were going for 2 and the win.

ESPN (other sports media outlets too) and their brainless narratives are a waste of space. I don’t care about that stuff.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’d didn’t see the end of the game, but heard one report that Lamar missed 2 open receivers in the end zone at the end.

He’s certainly flawed as a passer, but that offense wasn’t doing him a lot of favors. KC’s a good defense and Balt is working with a new line so we’ll have to see how it evolves and if that was just a week 1 game plan. But for my part, I’m not going to be super excited about Lamar’s chances against good defenses in the playoffs until he’s consistently better in the pocket.

Comment

• The new Ravens guards couldn't block Chris Jones, like at all. He was practically running free into the backfield all game long. Any other QB besides Jackson probably would have been sacked multiple times.

Anyway, the Ravens got a first down on the Chiefs 9 with about 25sec left. Their "protection" in the subsequent plays called for their back to try to block Jones, lol, and for Lamar to use his legs running away from Jones and the other rushers while looking downfield and throwing on the run.

Play
                    1) he tried to get it to his receiver in the back left of the endzone, it would have taken a perfect throw and it wasn't.
                    2) He tried dumping it off to a RB running free out of the backfield. Would have been a touchdown if the Chiefs LB didn't make a really impressive play, jumping in the air while being blocked and batting the ball down. (a better guard probably could have prevented him batting it down)
                    3) A receiver broke free in the endzone late as he was scrambling and throwing. He needed to throw the ball while scrambling right across his body to his left into maybe a very small window. It's hard to tell from our angle, but I don't think there was a window at all to get it to the receiver. He missed badly, but like I said, I don't think there was a window.
                    4) He threw a perfect ball to his receiver in the back of the end zone and the receiver landed 1 millimeter out of bounds

Lamar isn't Goff when it comes to making perfect throws, but his scrambling ability made all these plays possible, given the lack of protection. It seemed like he made the correct reads each time. Anyone criticizing Lamar is just disappointed

Comment

• If TE Likel only wore Tom Dempsey shoe …..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        I’d didn’t see the end of the game, but heard one report that Lamar missed 2 open receivers in the end zone at the end.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Yes. He wasn’t mister clutch in that last drive.
                          I was watching it live

Comment

• I’m not a Lamar fan and didn’t expect them to win. Also,I feel they run him too much. You want the QB to pass with the occasional scramble. If you run him that much, you wear him down and risk serious injury.

As much as I like Mahomes, I feel like he’s more of a Favre than a Brady. He takes some ridiculous risks that happen to work out. I felt like Brady was more surgical and disciplined.

Comment

• Fuck the packers.

That is all
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Fucking packers
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X