All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
    We don’t need to see the 49ers in any more SB for awhile.
    The Niners hadn’t been the same since Joe Montana retired. I don’t expect to see them win one in my lifetime. They are still trying to relive those glory days

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I think Glenn is a perfectly good, if not great, DC. He had a unit that was smoke and mirrors playing at a league average level.

They had one of the worst pass rush rates, one of the worst pass coverage rates, and in terms of points conceded were right around middle of the pack. That's... actually rather amazing. I'd argue they don't need a new DC. They need a significant upgrade in talent level. I'd argue they still need at least one more playmaker at every level of the defense.
      We just need another pass rusher, a few CB’s and maybe a kicker. Not easy to find a dominant pass rusher or good corners

Comment

• In think Purdy is a very good quarterback, but he wasn't very good today.

Comment

• The Lions might have lost to the Chiefs but I bet they would have scored more than 22 points.
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
            The Lions might have lost to the Chiefs but I bet they would have scored more than 22 points.
            Oh, I'm sure.

The problem is they'd have given up more than 25.

Comment

• The Chiefs scored over 30 points three times this year. The Lion defense was mediocre, but the Chiefs offense was very ordinary. The junky receivers wouldn't have been good enough to exploit the weak Lion corners. They won the Superbowl because the Niners offense were a no show today.

Probably the worst Superbowl I have seen since the blowout Superbowls. The Chiefs had major effort issues on the line. Mahomes is scrambling around and the lineman were walking around. They won, fair play to them. The Niners have to do a deep soul searching on that oiss poor offensive showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Oh, I'm sure.

The problem is they'd have given up more than 25.
                Maybe but if I were MCDC I’d be kicking myself right now.
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I think it may be time for Kyle Shanahan to get the boot. He’s definitely on the hot seat for next season and Niners fans are calling for his head after tonight. He ran away from what was working in the 1st half. It seems the NFC Championship and losing in the Superbowl is his ceiling.

Niners are over the cap for 2024 and will have to pay Purdy soon and more key guys. Greenlaw may not even play next season due to his Achilles injury plus the Super Bowl hangover. They will NOT be back next season. This is why I said this was Superbowl or bust for them.
                  Last edited by Lionsfan123; February 12, 2024, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
                    I think it may be time for Kyle Shanahan to get the boot. He’s definitely on the hot seat for next season and Niners fans are calling for his head after tonight. He ran away from what was working in the 1st half. It seems the NFC Championship and losing in the Superbowl is his ceiling.

Niners are over the cap for 2024 and will have to pay Purdy soon and more key guys. Greenlaw may not even play next season due to his Achilles injury plus the Super Bowl hangover. They will NOT be back next season. This is why I said this was Superbowl or bust for them.
                    Amen to the bolded part. This time, next year it's our turn watching the Lions in the big game.

Comment

• I just have to say I love that the forum discussed the Super Bowl in "All the other games". Not even the Super Bowl gets its own thread here.

Comment

• This Super Bowl didn't deserve its own thread.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• SF may or may not get back to the SB next year. It’s a hard thing to do, despite what Mahomes and the Chefs would make you think. But here’s a quick list of players that will be playing for the 49ers next year:

McCaffrey
                          Deebo
                          Aiyuk
                          Kittle
                          Trent Williams
                          Bosa
                          Hargrave
                          Armstead
                          Warner
                          Ward
                          Hufanga

That is a lot of high end talent. They have holes to fill, but all teams do. They have 2 years until Purdy will have to be paid, so don’t expect them to hand out more big money deals, but when that list is your foundation, you are already starting at a high baseline.

Comment

• The Niners aren't going anywhere and Kyle Shanahan is definitely not in danger of being fired nor should he be. What is going on here?

Comment

• The Niners are kinda where I want the Lions to be, a strong core that constantly retools and continues to be in the championship discussion.

If I was Shanahan, I would have been more like Dan Campbell in that OT situation. The Niners defense wasn't stopping the Chiefs. They hadn't really stopped the Chiefs the last couple of drives (the first the Chiefs more stopped themselves, the second the Chiefs were stopped by the clock). Shanahan really needed to approach OT with the thought that a field goal was going to lose the game. They had to score a TD there, even if it meant going for it on 4th and 4.

Comment

• The Niners are not over the cap currently and they have at least 10 high level salaries, that they could restructure. It certainly wasn't Super Bowl or bust this year. Their salary cap situation will prevent them from being big players in free agency, but they don't really need that. They were a team that peaked in mid December, they were kind of mid since the Ravens defenestrated them.

I agree with Chemiclord about Shanahan being needing more aggressive like Campbell ​​​​​​. He did go for it on 4th and 3 and it was the correct call. The early TD was on a trick play pilfered from the Lions. But most of the rest of the game was blah. Sneed and Ward aren't that great, find a way to get your all pros open.

Comment

Working...
                                X