All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The Vikes, Packers and Bears are likely to be better next year. This division is going to be a meat grinder.
    Bears D is for real, and they’ll likely have the first pick and another top 10ish pick. The question there is going to be what they do with the QB and coach situation. I’m betting they trade Fields, fire Eberflus and draft Caleb. Moreso because committing big money to Fields seems unlikely, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Bears D is for real, and they’ll likely have the first pick and another top 10ish pick. The question there is going to be what they do with the QB and coach situation. I’m betting they trade Fields, fire Eberflus and draft Caleb. Moreso because committing big money to Fields seems unlikely, but who knows.
      I think getting rid of Fields would be a mistake. I hope they do, because it would set them back as they try to bring a new QB into the league.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It would be really weird if they traded Fields and kept Eberflus. It would be setting them back on offense. Firing Eberflus and trading Fields would be good for Detroit.

Comment

• The problem with Fields is they have to pay him if they are going to stick with him. He’d get at least the Daniel Jones contract, probably more. And despite his improvement this season, he’s still a 60% passer averaging under 7 yards a pass with a QB rating that puts him in the 20s.

This is their time to make a switch if they are going to do it with the likely top pick in the draft, get that 4-5 years of cheap contract and have the pieces to surround a young QB.

We’ll see what they end up doing - a lot of split opinions here in Chicagoland. Everybody likes Fields and thinks he hasn’t had the best support. But not a lot of people (at least in the media) pounding the table to keep him. Most are in the “in Ryan Poles we trust” mode.

Comment

• I think what makes it REALLY tricky is that you could turn the clock back 4 years or so, replace "Justin Fields" with "Lamar Jackson," and the narrative would look eerily similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              I think what makes it REALLY tricky is that you could turn the clock back 4 years or so, replace "Justin Fields" with "Lamar Jackson," and the narrative would look eerily similar.
              Well luckily they cant turn back the clock because they do-over they would want is drafting Trubisky instead of Mahomes....Luckily for us they blew that one.....As for Fields, he is a tough call...he's mainly a runner that gives the Lions fits, but he hasnt been very good against some of the other teams, and like you guys are saying is he really a 45M per year guy?

Comment

• Fields is garbage.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Lamar Jackson won the MVP in his second season and he was a much more accomplished passer, so I'm not sure the comparison to Fields is apt. The thing you have to wonder with Fields is have the Bears run the right offense for a quarterback like Fields like the Ravens did. Once.the Ravens made the switch to Jackson they changed their entire offense to his strengths. I don't watch every Bear game, but I know they didn't do the same for him.
                  If I were GM of the Bears I'd lean toward keeping Fields. I'm not as high on Williams as most people, but I am always extremely skeptical of college quarterbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Fields is garbage.
                    I used to agree, but I think he might be a pain in the ass until he gets hurt seriously. Same with Love. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• I think Fields, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones (all from the same draft) could all do better with a change of scenery. People thought you couldn’t win with Stafford. He went to the Rams and won the Super Bowl. People gave up on Goff when the Rams threw him in with the Stafford trade. He’s looking like a guy that has regained his confidence and he’s playing very well. If it were possible, I would bring any of them in as a backup. Playing behind this offensive line could do wonders for any QB’s confidence.

Comment

• Well, ya gotta remember. People are stupid.
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Yeah, Lamar Jackson MVP in year 2 and Stafford 5k yards, 41 TDs and 10 wins in his 2nd full season starting are proof of concept that the Bears don’t have right now.

Fields is clearly physically talented on a level Mac Jones or Zach Wilson are not. Froot’s point about the offensive development is legit - the fact that the Bears went out and hired Eberflus 2 years ago was a bit of a ouzzler when the top priority should have been developing Fields. Luke Getsey and Bill Lazor are/were two very uninspiring OC hires. It could be that he takes off with the right guy steering the ship.

The flip side is that the offenses are what they are because that’s what Fields is capable of running​. That’s only information they’ll have inside the organization.

Comment

• I know the Bear fans like to talk Mahomes v. Trubisky as the big missed opportunity. So naturally Caleb Williams is supposed to be a Mahomes like talent. It's a natural fit. But does anybody think that if Mahomes was drafted by the Bears that he would be the same player? Conversely, if Andy Reid inherited Justin Fields does anybody think Fields wouldn't be better?

Comment

• Exaclty
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, but you also have to remember that almost all GMs think they are right when they make those moves.

(Personally, I’m a Jayden Daniels guy in this draft. Was desperately hoping he wouldn’t land in Minnesota and that looks like that’s unlikely now).

Comment

Working...
                                X