Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
    The Packers play the Rams this week so we all will have to
    Stafford fans this week and hope he pulls something out of his hat because that Rams team isn’t great.
    Stafford has a thumb injury, but the packers suck so it should be a toss up. Ha!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• In other inept games this next Sunday, the Giants play the Raiders....Could be the worst offensive showing of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
        In other inept games this next Sunday, the Giants play the Raiders....Could be the worst offensive showing of all time.
        With Josh McDaniels being canned by the Raiders, that game is now more interesting.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Jordan Love is so bad and it’s beautiful to watch. Honestly I hope GB wins the game. I want GB, Chicago and Minny to be middling to screw up their draft positions. This draft is stacked with QBs
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

With Josh McDaniels being canned by the Raiders, that game is now more interesting.
            I thought the Lions should pick him up as an assistant something or other as insurance if Ben Johnson leaves. Then I read this

With McDaniels running the offense, the Raiders didn't hit the 20-point mark a single time through their first eight games, which is the longest drought by an NFL team to start a season since 2009.
            Through the first eight weeks, the Raiders offense has been one of the worst in the NFL in nearly every major statistical category. The team ranked dead last in the NFL in rushing yards per game (70.0) and 29th overall in points per game (15.8). Their third-down conversion rate ranked 30th overall and they ranked 27th overall in yards per play. Basically, the offense was a disaster

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I don't think there is a grand design by the NFL. There are just not enough good quarterbacks. The NFL has tried to mitigate this by really protecting the quarterback and it has worked for the most part. Guys like Brady, Ben, Manning, Brees went far longer than quarterbacks use to go, but eventually they had to retire. There are just not enough quality QBs replacing them and the backups are just horrid. They kind of need the XFL/USFL to survive just to have some liline for backup QBs to get reps. Some of these backups who are thrust into action are greener than goose shit.
              It's not some "grand design," but people with power in the league have been playing up the benefits of parity for a long time. Pete Rozelle had frequently bemoaned how "dynasties" limited the growth of the league (fans didn't want to follow teams that had no shot before even the first game had been played), he just really had no idea how to make it happen that also allowed the owners the total power they coveted over payroll (even as various commissioners said that was the point of the salary cap, any parity that came out of that was more by accident than plan).

Other factors absolutely worked in their favor that were outside their control, and they've leaned into those things (like the lack of experienced QBs), but it is true that the shield decided a long time ago that dynasties and the small pool of contenders that came of that era were bad for business.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

I thought the Lions should pick him up as an assistant something or other as insurance if Ben Johnson leaves. Then I read this

No more former New England stench please

Comment

• Parity as people refer to the NFL's version really didn't start happening until free agency and the salary cap were instituted. Rozelle was long gone and the NFL certainly didn't want free agency, they were dragged kicking and screaming. It really isn't until the salary cap is fully instituted with free agency that you see what you have today. The last 25 years have had competitive Super Bowls and potentially quicker turnarounds of any franchise. But all of the narrative of the NFL loving parity and working towards it is only half right. The measures they use are first and foremost cost control measures with the happy benefit of producing parity. The draft is purely a cost control measures as it is in any league and so is the salary cap.

Comment

• Doesn't look like Tennessee is going to be much competition for the Steelers
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• But apparently stupid penalties are

Comment

• Too bad this is a game I don't give a shit about. I'll watch it just to see the young QBs, I guess, but I don't really give a shit who wins
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The ways Burks head bounced off the turf didn't look too good.

Comment

• None of this looks good. They rolled him over and he seemed out cold.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Yet again... the refs decide something they had been letting go for 58 minutes of game time is now a penalty, breathing new life into the Titans.

But the ball don't lie, and the Steelers win with a pick in the red zone.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; November 2, 2023, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Stafford has a thumb injury, but the packers suck so it should be a toss up. Ha!
                                lol.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X