Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and just like that its a one score game lol

Comment

• And the Broncos fumble to end the game for the second week in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        And the Broncos fumble to end the game for the second week in a row.
        I had the game on in the background, but I really wasn't watching it, as I was listening to Philadelphia beat Atlanta in the NLDS for the 2nd year in a row in the MLB Playoffs.

I'll say this for the NFL, usually the best team regular season wise is the team that hoists the Super Bowl trophy each February.

Baseball now is totally random.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Baseball teams shouldn’t have five days off before a series starts. This isn’t football. Manfred’s saying “we gotta give it more time”. It wasn’t a good idea in the first place.
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
            Baseball teams shouldn’t have five days off before a series starts. This isn’t football. Manfred’s saying “we gotta give it more time”. It wasn’t a good idea in the first place.
            And with the Tigers being meh since Chris Ilitch fired Dave Dombrowski in 2015, and who has since won a World Series with Boston, and then got the Phillies in the World Series last year, and got them again in the NLCS this year, I haven't really paid too much attention to baseball.

Ironic, when I was growing up, it was the Tigers, the Pistons a bit as the Bad Boys were being formed, and the Red Wings.

The Lions only had the 1983 NFC Central Division title, and then were awful until Barry Sanders and Chris Spielman, along with other talent arrived in the late '80s.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Let’s ride!!
              Let's die! Lol
              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Looks like pairing a QB who already has a Super Bowl with a coach who already has a Super Bowl isn't as good as you'd think.

HCs seem to lose that fire when they already have a ring and have to start from the bottom somewhere else. It's always a bad idea to hire a guy who already has one. QBs who already have a ring is a different story because your playing career is always a ticking clock and you gotta squeeze it dry while you can. But coaching - you can always pull a Dick Vermeil.

On top of that Payton and Wilson have two of the biggest egos there are, and they're going to butt heads since they've each had success doing things their own way. This was never going to work.

Comment

• The networks control the scheduling for the baseball playoffs. I'm sure MLB would schedule on the fly if they had that option.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    I can't think of a QB that has ever gone to shit as quickly as Wilson
                    Dante Culpepper? Though that might have been injury related.
                    Peyton Manning going from a MVP candidate to trash in his last season? Though that excuse could be age and Manning was dragged to a Super Bowl win by a legendary Von Miller defense.
                    Usually the reason for a drastic QB decline is either age or injury. Russell Wilson is 34 years old, but thought he would have a few more quality seasons in him prior to last season.

If Deshaun Watson keeps up his trajectory, he might be worse than Wilson lol… $250M guaranteed! Watson still has time… he needs to get it going soon.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Going to be interesting to see the fire sale in Denver and if Peyton will go along with a tank. He’s made clear what he thinks of Caleb Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Going to be interesting to see the fire sale in Denver and if Peyton will go along with a tank. He’s made clear what he thinks of Caleb Williams.

Sean Payton is a dumbass. There are always more Ryan Leafs than Peyton Mannings. For a top-10 QB you are expecting at minimum a guy like Bledsoe or McNabb. I've looked over the data. If you pick a QB in the top 5 selections you've got a 25% of that level or better. 75% bust rate. The gamble is so dicey that you'd rather lose badly (Leaf, Jamarcus, etc) rather than end up in QB purgatory with a guy like Sam Bradford who will win rookie of the year and consistently play good enough to make you want to kindle your investment but never good enough to even hit .500.

Comment

• And there's a zero % chance of succeeding with Russell Wilson.

Comment

• Jesus. These London games are "who gives a shit? " games.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Jesus. These London games are "who gives a shit? " games.
                              No doubt! Every now and again its cool but this every week shit is terrible.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Jesus. These London games are "who gives a shit? " games.
                                So... like most NFL games any given weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X