All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

Gibbs is going to be GREAT. Quit a draft by the Lions.
    Kinda odd but right now the two second rounders (LaPorta and Branch) look like the great players....Campbell and Gibbs are still trying to find their way.

Comment

• Campbell has played well so far.

Comment

• But you can see the talent in both Campbell and Gibbs. They are going to be great players.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Campbell and Gibbs have really good players in front of them. LaPorta came into a position where they were thin, plus LaPorta is playing so well its not fair to compare to any other rookie.

Comment

• Austin Ekler said the other day that teams are keying on Gibbs because they know his talent is elite. He said that once things level out Gibbs is going to be awesome
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I read an interesting comment/breakdown about Gibbs. From day 1, other teams have been skewing their defense to him. I remember seeing a video when it shows him in motion and the opposing defense completely shifted to compensate for the weapon they already regard him as. I know Ben Johnson has commented to that effect, how he has been able to call plays with Gibbs as a decoy already and that usually he has to wait until a player proves more.

edit: lol, I was writing this post as jaadam4 was posting his comment

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Kinda odd but right now the two second rounders (LaPorta and Branch) look like the great players....Campbell and Gibbs are still trying to find their way.
                Campbell is playing really well. Not sure what you’re watching. He’s exiled Rodrigo to special teams and the bench
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That’s interesting about Gibbs, El Axe.

I’m happy where Campbell’s at because there’s been flashes and he has a role. Splitting the LB snaps and getting a ton of work at SAM. Expecting Campbell to ascend throughout the season and his career.
                  At the same time, there’s been rookie moments. Bad illegal contact penalty and biting on the play action to give up a TD to Tremble yesterday. It happens though… Not concerned about anything at this moment. Barnes has randomly ascended and is playing good football. An unexpected factor that nobody saw coming 6 months ago.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 33:30 is when they talk about Gibbs

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Campbell and Gibbs have really good players in front of them. LaPorta came into a position where they were thin, plus LaPorta is playing so well its not fair to compare to any other rookie.
                      Right. LaPorta is right now playing at an All-Pro level, which is kinda insane for a rookie. Expecting that from every rookie on your roster would be absolutely absurd.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Campbell is playing really well. Not sure what you’re watching. He’s exiled Rodrigo to special teams and the bench
                            He is? Lowest graded player yesterday if you care about PFF and had a TD on him. He’s been used in a strange way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

He is? Lowest graded player yesterday if you care about PFF and had a TD on him. He’s been used in a strange way.
                              Yeah he def got beat on the first TD when he was
                              matched up against the TE on the 1 yard line. It was a sweet move by the TE for sure. What were his grades the previous games? He had a sack on the road against GB and he had that awesome pass break up at a key moment against KC.

You can cherry pick stats all you want but rookies can be up and down but his snap count doesn’t lie. He’s in games at crucial times which means the coaching staff believes in him

Thats good enough for me especially when the Lions went into prevent defense which would also skew those numbers
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He is the third linebacker on a great run stuffing team. You have to go back to the Portsmouth Spartans to find a better run stats in the franchise. PFF stats are a good tool, but it's only one tool and they are aren't great for middle linebacker types. If you were to only use PFF stats to grade their linebackers, they would have shit canned both Derrick Barnes (30.1) and Alex Anzalone (35.4) after their 2021 grades. There is a steep learning curve and Campbell doing well all things considered. He is much farther along than a guy like Barnes was.

They run two linebackers most of the time, Barnes and Anzalone are the starters and they are having great seasons, they are working him in while he learns. That's what you do with rookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X