No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witherspoon was everywhere last night. Impressive.
    Just remember… I think the hypothetical that involves the Lions drafting Witherspoon at #6 (Seattle would have passed on him) means they don’t get Branch and LaPorta. A lot of suggestion that the Lions would have traded up from #18 and target Gibbs. Also no trade down from #6 to #12 + #33.

Wonder if the Giants regret the Daniel Jones contract or it’s more so the bad OLine to blame.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
      Maybe we could get Amon-Ra to date one of the Kardashians so that the Lions would be popular too?
      Amon Ra can do WAAAAAY better than a Kardashian! just sayin'
      Last edited by kayrone; October 3, 2023, 09:00 AM.
      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Patriots lost both Judon and Gonzalez for probably the rest of the year. Ouch.
        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Witherspoon was everywhere last night. Impressive.
          Just remember… I think the hypothetical that involves the Lions drafting Witherspoon at #6 (Seattle would have passed on him) means they don’t get Branch and LaPorta. A lot of suggestion that the Lions would have traded up from #18 and target Gibbs. Also no trade down from #6 to #12 + #33.

Wonder if the Giants regret the Daniel Jones contract or it’s more so the bad OLine to blame.
          As for the Giants, I think there was a lot of over-expectations considering how much of their record last year was smoke and mirrors and a bit of blind luck, and that this is a bit of water finding its level. Jones is not a particularly good QB, but it's doubtful that a "better" QB gets terribly much more success considering how extremely mediocre the rest of the team is.

Think of those Stafford-led Lions teams that flirted around .500. That's kinda the ceiling that this current Giants team has.If everything goes right, and Jones plays above himself, they're a 9-10 win team that gets smoked in the playoffs. But if Daniel Jones plays like... well... Daniel Jones, this is what you see.
          Last edited by chemiclord; October 3, 2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Not really. The joke here is that we're all a bunch of old men on this board at this point.
            How do you have the time to be on here and scream at the kids on your lawn?
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I thought that as well about Branch and LaPorta
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Me: It's not Daniel Jones's fault. He had zero blocking.

Giants fan: So would you take Daniel Jones?

Me: Hell no!
                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                  Me: It's not Daniel Jones's fault. He had zero blocking.

Giants fan: So would you take Daniel Jones?

Me: Hell no!
                  Add to that this nugget: "We're not the Matt Millen Detroit Lions!!!"

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

I can't speak to in general, but last night, it was definitely the bad Oline. Over 90% of the dropbacks in the 2nd half saw IMMEDIATE pressure from multiple directions. More often than not, Jones did not have time to even look downfield. He usually had to scramble for a little time and then throw before he knew the coverage. I actually think he was the only thing keeping the Giant offense in the game.

I don't know if I've ever seen worse protection for a QB ever.

Comment

• Daniel Jones is worse than Jordan Love. And that’s not a compliment to Love
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post

I can't speak to in general, but last night, it was definitely the bad Oline. Over 90% of the dropbacks in the 2nd half saw IMMEDIATE pressure from multiple directions. More often than not, Jones did not have time to even look downfield. He usually had to scramble for a little time and then throw before he knew the coverage. I actually think he was the only thing keeping the Giant offense in the game.

I don't know if I've ever seen worse protection for a QB ever.
                        It was bad, that was as bad as the protection that David Carr got. Aikman got sacked 11 times in a game, the Cowboys were putrid his rookie year. It was like those times in the 80s and 90s where they didn't protect quarterbacks. I remember Neil Lomax getting destroyed weekly.

Maybe the national media jumped on Daboll too quickly. At some point you have to change strategy to just throwing the ball quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

It was bad, that was as bad as the protection that David Carr got. Aikman got sacked 11 times in a game, the Cowboys were putrid his rookie year. It was like those times in the 80s and 90s where they didn't protect quarterbacks. I remember Neil Lomax getting destroyed weekly.

Maybe the national media jumped on Daboll too quickly. At some point you have to change strategy to just throwing the ball quickly.
                          I said that last year when the Lions when the Lions went to NY and kicked that Giant ass. Campbell outcoached the media's anointed wonder kid in all facets.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, Daboll pulling a Mangenious right now, good first season, gets mega hyped and then shits the bed in season 2. Let’s see if he can right the ship.

Jones isn’t terrible, but he doesn’t have much to work with and the protection is bad. But as either Aikman or Buck pointed out, Seattle is down both starting tackles and their OC went down at some point last night to, yet they figure it out.

Comment

The Lions losing to the Seahawks don’t seem all that bad anymore because they look like a team that can make the wildcard this year. Yeah it sucks to lose to them, but the Seahawks are looking good and if we continue to handle our business and win the division this year, we could see them again in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post

The Lions losing to the Seahawks don’t seem all that bad anymore because they look like a team that can make the wildcard this year. Yeah it sucks to lose to them, but the Seahawks are looking good and if we continue to handle our business and win the division this year, we could see them again in the playoffs.
                                The way things are going, we could meet them in the 1st Round, again in Detroit.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X