No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, the Jets look like they have seized momentum from the Chiefs.

I was not expecting an interesting game tonight, but it looks like we getting one.

Comment

• The wheels on the KC bus are falling off, falling off, falling off. The wheels on the KC bus are falling off on national TV.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Meanwhile, the Jets look like they have seized momentum from the Chiefs.

I was not expecting an interesting game tonight, but it looks like we getting one.
        I declared it was a snore fest in the making. Not anymore.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

I don't care she's at the game. I just don't understand why I (or anyone) is supposed to care, and why there needs to be five different people in pregame talking about it, and both announcers during said game.

It's not even like it's new information. She was there in KC last Sunday too. Leave the two be to do whatever they want to do.
          As mainevent said, there are likely millions of viewers for this game who have seen very little of the NFL, so the NFL wants to make sure they feel welcome.

You are likely underestimating the level of superstar that Taylor Swift is.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post

As mainevent said, there are likely millions of viewers for this game who have seen very little of the NFL, so the NFL wants to make sure they feel welcome.

Apparently the old fellas are unaware of the success of the Eras tour. The NFL is always about getting the casuals, this story attracts the casuals more than anything else I could possibly think of.

Big story!

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
              The wheels on the KC bus are falling off, falling off, falling off. The wheels on the KC bus are falling off on national TV.
              Yeah but nobody noticed because of the Taylor Swift distraction

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post

Maybe I underestimate the interest Swifties actually have in watching the NFL more than anything. I mean, if they think her presence will be that big of ratings draw... go for it? I'm just extremely dubious any Taylor Swift bump will be particularly long lasting, and trying to chase those people is going to be anything but laughable in the end.

I just don't see terribly much overlap between the people who are lining up for tickets to the Eras Tour, and the people lining up to get into NFL stadiums.
                Last edited by chemiclord; October 1, 2023, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Maybe I underestimate the interest Swifties actually have in watching the NFL more than anything. I mean, if they think her presence will be that big of ratings draw... go for it? I'm just extremely dubious any Taylor Swift bump will be particularly long lasting, and trying to chase those people is going to be anything but laughable in the end.
                  They'll date a few months, break up, and she will have new material for her next tour.....isnt that like 99% of her songs? Breaking up with dudes?

Comment

• Yeah, why would TV producers be interested in one on the most famous women in the world - who’s in the midst of the biggest, mega-pop culture event of the year, someone who drives billions of dollars of revenue and brings millions of eyes and loyal followers to every thing she does - having a public relationship with one of the most media savvy, outgoing star players in the league? It is a mystery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                      Yeah, why would TV producers be interested in one on the most famous women in the world - who’s in the midst of the biggest, mega-pop culture event of the year, someone who drives billions of dollars of revenue and brings millions of eyes and loyal followers to every thing she does - having a public relationship with one of the most media savvy, outgoing star players in the league? It is a mystery.
                      Again... I guess? Sure?

I just don't see it. The people who are eagerly shelling out two grand to listen to Taylor Swift sing don't strike me as the people who are going to be particularly interested in the NFL beyond the novelty of this presumptive relationship. But hey... there's a reason I'm not in any marketing department, I guess.

Originally posted by ghandi View Post

They'll date a few months, break up, and she will have new material for her next tour.....isnt that like 99% of her songs? Breaking up with dudes?

And this is as much bullshit as the story itself. Swift's personal life is really simply just that. Personal. Why should I (or anyone) care about her breakups? She sings and performs, whether they are based on previous boyfriends or just made up really isn't anyone's business but hers and whoever she was or is dating.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; October 1, 2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Yeah, why would TV producers be interested in one on the most famous women in the world - who’s in the midst of the biggest, mega-pop culture event of the year, someone who drives billions of dollars of revenue and brings millions of eyes and loyal followers to every thing she does - having a public relationship with one of the most media savvy, outgoing star players in the league? It is a mystery.
                        Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 3rd and 22 no prob....Mahomes runs it for 24...then Sauce Gardner hold nullifies an INT

Comment

• The refs are really flag happy tonight, aren't they?

Comment

• The hold was a bullshit call
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Maybe Taylor Swift helped get that call?

Comment

Working...
                                X