All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    I wouldn't have known Thibodeaux was playing last night if I wasn't looking for him. Very quiet night from what I saw. He had a sack early but was really a clean up sack, Had a couple other pressures that I saw but those were largely on free runs when he wasn't blocked. Playing against Trent Williams isn't easy, but he wasn't jumping off the screen no matter where he lined up.
    I'm glad that we drafted Hutchinson instead of Thibodeaux.
    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

I'm glad that we drafted Hutchinson instead of Thibodeaux.
      I didnt feel like the Lions missed out on either Travon Walker or Thibadeaux......Teams are having to hold, chip, double or whatever it takes to try and slow down Hutch....I just worry he plays too many snaps and may get injured

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        It's worth noting while there are injuries in all phases in football, I think it gets exacerbated at the NFL level. Players are too big and too fast. That's why I always laugh when you hear people say it is turning into two hand touch. Yeah right, they are doing most everything rule wise to take the cheap shot fouls out of the game and it has hardly made a dent except it has prolonged the careers of good quarterbacks and wide receivers. The problem is just your run of the mill NFL play has so many high speed collisions injuries are going to happen.

There are so many times during an NFL season where players leave the game never to return because of an injury and you don't see any play where he was injured. It would be interesting to see how many injury timeouts occur during the game, it seems like it is 2-3 every game.
        One thing they have not done is to mandate everyone to wear flat-soled shoes. No spikes. I'm not sure if that would make a difference, but it might mitigate hits like the one that downed Chubb. It doesn't seem to me that there is much downside to such a rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

I didnt feel like the Lions missed out on either Travon Walker or Thibadeaux......Teams are having to hold, chip, double or whatever it takes to try and slow down Hutch....I just worry he plays too many snaps and may get injured
          We need another player talented enough to take the pressure off Hutch. Right now, we have no one.

I'm still undecided on whether we should have drafted the guy that went to Philly.

Our defense is trash against running QBs, and it'll get exposed by teams like Seattle, Philly, and San Francisco.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Jalen Carter was a tough call.....Im sure it was difficult for Dan Campbell to say no to a player that can dominate the middle like that....I think the Lions felt that they could use the quicker, smaller guys like Paschal and Cominsky but it hasnt really worked well.....I thought the team should have just played Houston at edge over Harris and forget the trying to make him a linebacker stuff....He has elite talent at getting to the passer, then they have him play special teams where he hurt his leg.

Comment

• Paschal was really good versus the Chiefs but he got hurt the next week during practice. I thought Comminsky would be better so far, he was good last season and was a beast in the preseason but hasn't done much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

For what it's worth, it's not just Hutch. Right now around the league, unless you're practically tackling the D-Lineman or putting them in a headlock, the flag for holding isn't coming out.

Comment

• With Hutchinson there we'll notice it much more. There is nothing to be done about it really. It's as routine as the ref not noticing the heel using illegal tactics to defeat the Babyface.

Comment

• Could be another heartbreak for the Packers coming…

and lmao the Broncos vs Dolphins game. So that Broncos 1st RD pick goes to Seattle, right? Oh boy that might be great for Seattle.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Fucking Green Bay is up eh, shit.

Go Saints and C'mon winston
                      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Vikings cant score from the 1 and turn it over on downs....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          Could be another heartbreak for the Packers coming…

and lmao the Broncos vs Dolphins game. So that Broncos 1st RD pick goes to Seattle, right? Oh boy that might be great for Seattle.
                          Dolphins have 63 points on the board with 8 minutes to go on the 4th!
                          Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                          🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                          https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Saints moved on from kicker Will Lutz for this new guy… he better make this.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Saints miss the FG the Packers will win

Comment

• Packers get lucky again and beat the pathetic Saints. It’s on us to hand the Packs an L then just how I like it. At least we know the Packs have a bad defense
                                Last edited by Lionsfan123; September 24, 2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X