No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady to the Dolphins for ​one last season. Please allow it to happen, NFL offseason…
    The players are there for Brady to make one last run if he has it in him.
    Last edited by Cody_Russell; January 16, 2023, 11:54 PM. Reason: Spell check
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

4 missed extra points LOL!
      He finally made one a while ago, and Dallas won the game.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Please just let Brady retire now. The guy is the best of all time and crushed it into his mid 40’s. Ride off into the sunset
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Didn't watch the game last night. This is what I saw when I opened ESPN.com. I was like, wait, something does not compute.

Screenshot_20230117-071721.png

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

4 missed extra points LOL!

Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

He finally made one a while ago, and Dallas won the game.
            I stand by my LOL!
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Brady should have stayed retired.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dallas is having open tryouts for the K position today.

Comment

• Gree. You should have heard Jon Jansen and SToney make excuses for him this morning, "he was under pressure with every drop back..." BS The dude's time has come...
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kiss of death?

Mike McCarthy, Dak Prescott say Cowboys remain confident in Brett Maher

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 17, 2023, 5:41 AM EST

Getty Images

Cowboys kicker Brett Maher set a dubious NFL record on Monday night when he missed his first four extra point attempts, but the team is fully confident in him as its kicker for Sunday’s game against the 49ers.

Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones said after the game that the Cowboys won’t be looking at other kickers, and head coach Mike McCarthy said moving on without Maher is not an option.

“We need Brett,” McCarthy said. “He understands that. So we need to get back on it this week and get him ready to go. Obviously we’re kicking in an outdoor stadium out there in Santa Clara. He’s disappointed, but we need him. We need him to focus in. He’s been super clutch for us all year. So that’s the plan.”

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott appeared to slam his helmet in disgust after Maher’s third missed extra point, but Prescott insisted after the game that he was disappointed for Maher, not angry at him.

“I’m Money Maher’s biggest fan. I’ve been shown the video of me, but that’s just emotion. That’s part of it. I talked to him individually, just told him let it go. We need him. I played like shit a week ago. It happens,” Prescott said. “No doubt that he’ll come back next week, be perfect and help us win.”

For his part, Maher said after the game that he felt like he had a good process on his kicks and just missed them, and that he was relieved to make his final extra point attempt when he set out with the mindset of “just going 1-for-1.”

“The team, the coaching staff, they were all awesome, and I needed every single one of them so I appreciate that,” Maher said. “I didn’t do my part, and that’s disappointing, but we’ll get back at it.”
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Tom Brady vows to take it “one day at a time”

Posted by Mike Florio on January 17, 2023, 12:06 AM EST

Getty Images

In the last game of his twenty-third season, Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady season made a one-game exit from the postseason.

In fairly brief remarks to reports after the game, Brady said his immediate plans were to “go home and get a good night’s sleep.”

He also vowed to take his future “one day at a time, truly.”

Brady ended his brief press conference by thanking reporters for their coverage of the team.

“I just want to say thank you guys for everything this year,” Brady said. “I really appreciate all your effort. And I know it’s hard for you guys, too. It’s hard for us players to make it through, and you guys got a tough job. And I appreciate all that you guys do to cover us and everyone who watches and [is] a big fan of the sport. We’re very grateful for everyone’s support. And, you know, hopefully, you know, I love this organization. It’s a great place to be. I love everyone for welcoming me, all you regulars. And just very grateful for the respect, and I hope I gave the same thing back to you guys. So thank you very much.”

And with that, Brady was gone.

The question is whether he’ll be gone from Tampa. Brady will be a free agent in March. He likely will draw interest from multiple teams, both for his lingering abilities and the basic business reality that he’ll sell tickets and generate interest.

He can go wherever he wants to go. In past years, he seemingly has been looking for a place where the deck will be stacked toward another Super Bowl win.

At one point during the 2022 season, Brady said he’d rather play and lose than not play at all. If, ultimately, he desires to keep playing and competing, that may overcome whether he believes there’s one specific team out there where the table is set for what would be, for him, an eighth championship.

Comment

• Russell Gage has been taken to hospital, with concussion and possible neck injury

Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2023, 11:53 PM EST

Getty Images

The final minutes of Monday night’s playoff game included a scary injury to Buccaneers receiver Russell Gage, who eventually exited via cart after trying unsuccessfully to leave under his own power.

After the game, coach Todd Bowles told reporters that Gage was taken to a local hospital. He has a concussion, and he’s also being evaluated for a neck injury.

Bowles said that Gage has movement in all extremities.

In his first season with the Buccaneers after four in Atlanta, Gage appeared in 13 regular-season games and the lone playoff game. He had 51 catches for 426 yards and five touchdowns.

Comment

• Some guy lost over $1.5 mil when he bet it to win $11k when the Chargers were up big. Ouch!

The day after his on-field eruptions, Joey Bosa teed off on officials

Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2023, 4:28 PM EST

Getty Images

After Saturday night’s wild-ass wild-card game between the Chargers and Jaguars, we were on the lookout for quotes from L.A. defensive end Joey Bosa, given that he was flagged twice for unsportsmanlike conduct — and that he slammed his helmet twice to the ground over frustration regarding an uncalled false start and uncalled holding on the touchdown that trimmed the Chargers’ once overpowering 27-point lead to four (and, thanks to the extra yardage from the Bosa penalty, two).

He didn’t say much after the game, via TheAthletic.com: “’I’m not going to speak my mind and get fined more than I already am,'”

Well, Bosa spoke his mind the next day, in the last hurrah in the locker room. But you won’t find the video among the various selections on the team’s website. And for good reason. Bosa went off.

“I think there just needs to be more accountability on — I mean, if I say something to them, I get a $40,000 fine,” Bosa said in a clip posted on Monday by Mike Freeman of USA Today. “But if they blow a call that ruins an entire team’s season, they get to — they’re probably back in the locker room after the game, like, ‘Ha, got that asshole. You know, yeah, got him. Fifteen yards. What a loser.’ I guarantee you that’s what they’re fucking talking back in the back. Whatever, power trip. I’m sick of those fucking people.”

So much for Bosa not worrying about being fined more than he’ll already be fined.

We support accountability for officiating, 100 percent. But there’s a way to make the case. And there’s a way not to make the case.

The reality, sad as it may be, is that this season has been replete with uncalled false starts by left and right tackles — and by holding that is only rarely called.

Chris Simms has suggested on PFT Live that this is part of an effort to help offensive linemen better contend with defensive linemen who are bigger, faster, stronger, and better than ever. Really, why not look the other way if the tackle gets into his stance a split-second early, if it keeps the quarterback from getting hit and/or hurt?

Bosa’s not the only one who’s getting the short end of that stick. Regardless, he needs to control himself in those situations.

Comment

• 325787187_563219565671124_6840222860918713110_n.jpg
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think Florio is wrong when he suggests there is a better way to lodge your complaints about the officiating. Bosa is going to get hammered with a hefty fine, but in the NFL the squeaky wheel gets the grease. When Bosa got that first unsportsmanlike penalty, I thought the ref was out of line chasing him down to confront him.

Comment

• Joe Lombardi fired by the Chargers...I guess he takes the fall and not the head coach this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X