No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commotio cordis is the most likely phenomenon . The source was my son a nurse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
      Commotio cordis is the most likely phenomenon . The source was my son a nurse.
      Wow, thanks for this^^

From Wikipedia:

Commotio cordis (Latin, "agitation of the heart") is an often lethal disruption of heart rhythm that occurs as a result of a blow to the area directly over the heart (the precordial region) at a critical time during the cycle of a heart beat, producing what is termed an R-on-T phenomenon that leads to the condition. It is a form of ventricular fibrillation (V-Fib), not mechanical damage to the heart muscle or surrounding organs, and not the result of heart disease. The survival rate is 58%, which is an increase in comparison to years 1993–2012, where only 34% of victims survived. This increase is likely caused by prompt CPR, access to defibrillation and higher public awareness of this condition.[1]
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Man, that is terrible.

I guess the only way they could continue this game is if they get a positive report.

I don't think that is going to come. CPR on the field? Jesus. I don't see how they can play this game tonight.

I remember when Chuck Hughes of the Lions died on the field in 1971...
        I wanted them to postpone the game fairly on seeing what was going on, on the filed and the players actions.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I just Googled it. He's still hanging in there. Come on Damar.
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• 🙏🙏 for him since last night for sure
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Hoping to hear positive news soon. Critical stretch for Hamlin. 🙏

I read that his vitals are stable, but is that the same thing as being categorized as “critical, but stable condition?” I don’t think so. The last update says Hamlin is still in “critical condition.”

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My "guess" as someone who has done CPR quite a few times is that he is being kept on life support right now and it will be just a matter of when they decide to pull the plug.

I hope that I am wrong.

Of coures, they have state of the art equipment at the field so their outcome may be better?

Regardless it's a sad, sad day.
                Last edited by CGVT; January 3, 2023, 09:28 AM.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The big problem is that you have people like his supposed "marketing rep" taking about how he's been stabilized on Twitter... but there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever this guy even knows Hamlin personally. Nonetheless, people are believing him, and I have no idea what the reaction is going to be if Hamlin's prognosis goes south.

Hell, you already have vultures claiming he was done in by the COVID vaccine and the league and the government is trying to cover it up.

Comment

• CPR for 9 minutes isn’t great.

I know they got his heart going…but until you hear awake and responding, he’s hardly out of the woods. 9 minutes is too long for the brain to go without O2

Comment

• Years ago, I remember seeing a little league pitcher took a line drive to the chest that stopped his heart.

I went out and got Liam one of those chest shields the next day. It’s flukey for sure….but not out of the realm of possibility

Comment

• I'm sure all these heart problems from healthy young people are all just a coincidence. For example, My family will be burying my 5 year old grandson on friday. His heart stopped last friday morning at Helen Devos childrens hospitol. They took over 20 minutes to get it going again and it was determined he was brain dead. They kept him on life support until yesterday to try to find recipients for organ donations.

I'm fucking bawling right now and having a hell of a time not believing something isn't going on.​

Comment

• Sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                            Carolina losing to Tampa Bay, 30-21, with less than 2:00 to go in the 4th, and Tampa's got the ball.
                            They won but lost against us. Their best CB is out and M Evans made sure I won ALL my FF money
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                              I'm sure all these heart problems from healthy young people are all just a coincidence. For example, My family will be burying my 5 year old grandson on friday. His heart stopped last friday morning at Helen Devos childrens hospitol. They took over 20 minutes to get it going again and it was determined he was brain dead. They kept him on life support until yesterday to try to find recipients for organ donations.

I'm fucking bawling right now and having a hell of a time not believing something isn't going on.​
                              How terrible!! I'm so sorry. :(
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Please take any further discussion related to the COVID vaccine to this thread:

HAND WASHING Everyone WASH your hands. Use lotion to keep skin from drying. Washing hands:????????*??????*?? 1. Most times you'll not be using automatic hand dryers, so ready your paper towel before you begin washing your hands. 2. Start the water and wash hands for at least 20 seconds. 3. Rinse hands

#birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X