No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see Foreman balling out after an Achilles. Pretty unreal. I will never understand why Shenault doesn’t get more looks. He’s a mini Deebo. He’s always popped in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Man, another stinker. I can’t recall so many shitty games in a long time. TNF, SNF, MNF. Just some brutal games. Not even watchable. This year has been a total slog.

College has been cool, though. I’m not a huge college football guy, but I’ve watched some friggin classics this year.​
      Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
      They say that the Lions organization is where the Ford family puts their friends so they don't have to fire them from Ford Motor Company. That's what Thursday Night Football is, the NFL's dumping ground for games they don't want to mess up the weekend.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• If they can get just one game right a week - which they have the rights to bump teams to that timeslot - they'd be fine.
        Sunday Night Football. That is literally what Monday Night Football used to be decades ago - THE prime time game.
        Now you got a cash grab forcing teams every week to play on 4 days rest (Thursday Night), and a timeslot nobody gives a shit about anymore (Monday Night).

There is a reason they only had Thursday games on Thanksgiving - it's asking a ton of the players to come back off what is literally 2 days rest - since Monday is essentially a recovery day from the beating they took the day before.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Not much worth watching here, although I would like to see Marcus Mariota have some success.
          It's good to have dreams.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Other than the first game of the year, the Thursday thing has never really caught on with me. Now that it’s on Amazon I honestly usually forget there is a game until somebody mentions it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

It's good to have dreams.
              Ha! I spoke too soon. There is a reason he has had the career he has had. Holy Shit. His decision making is beyond terrible. Good Lord, he sucks.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                Other than the first game of the year, the Thursday thing has never really caught on with me. Now that it’s on Amazon I honestly usually forget there is a game until somebody mentions it.
                I know it's on but a couple of college basketball games got priority tonight. It is background noise most of the time.If it is a team that interests me, I'll watch a little closer.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 1. Good luck on getting the quarterback salaries under control, it is basic supply and demand. You have 15 established veterans and at any point you have about 6-8 quarterbacks on rookie deals trying to make it and most of them fail. After that, it is the junkyard of failed quarterbacks. There is a reason why the Steelers rolled out Ben R three years past his expiration date. The NFL is so reliant on quarterbacks that the product suffers when you don't have a steady crop of new quality quarterbacks.

2. There's not enough teams in the NFL to field good games on all of the prime time games. The problem gets worse when the bye weeks start taking teams away.

Comment

• Amazon wound up with total shit this year on TNF. I get it, though. They paid big $ to get their foot in the door. I’m sure they will slaughter every other network to get whatever they want in the next TV deal. They are like the newbie who joins the fantasy keeper league and takes over a shit roster. You know you take a spanking the 1st year or so, but the shark will eventually feast.

Comment

• These games might be shit, but Amazon got a bargain for this package because the viewership is smashing the most optimistic expectations by a couple million viewers per game.

Comment

• They gave the monster a taste. Bezos is going to get his eventually. He’s on a different level than any other owner. He could buy WASH for $10 billion and not give a shit. Didn’t the Walmart guy pay a little over $4 billion for the Broncos?

The NFL benefits from Bezos just as much as he does from them. Bezos has tentacles everywhere. You figure the NFL knows they have to transition to streaming eventually. The whole world will at some point.

Comment

• I could see eventual pay per game packages. Let’s say the Chiefs/Bills play on Amazon. You pay $5 or whatever. You watch the game, some merch arrives on your porch along with a pizza.

That’s the future. Some fucking drone delivers a shirt and dinner and you choose from one of 5 announcing teams on your massive 3D Amazon TV. It’s the total fan experience and makes stadiums obsolete. You don’t need to go to the game. The game comes to you. Different levels of pricing, so you can even get a case of beer at your door. There will be a black market version with hookers and blow, but you never need to leave the house.

Comment

• Wow. All the way in the year 2000, the party bus is driven by the refs....
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Other than the first game of the year, the Thursday thing has never really caught on with me. Now that it’s on Amazon I honestly usually forget there is a game until somebody mentions it.
                              Me too. The wife asked if I wanted pizza and we'd watch he game. I said, I'm not watching that dog. How about some Stromboli's and watch Black Panther ahead of going to see BP2 in the Imax? Good evening.

I did check the game before I went to bed and I am comfortable with my decision.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                I could see eventual pay per game packages. Let’s say the Chiefs/Bills play on Amazon. You pay $5 or whatever. You watch the game, some merch arrives on your porch along with a pizza.

That’s the future. Some fucking drone delivers a shirt and dinner and you choose from one of 5 announcing teams on your massive 3D Amazon TV. It’s the total fan experience and makes stadiums obsolete. You don’t need to go to the game. The game comes to you. Different levels of pricing, so you can even get a case of beer at your door. There will be a black market version with hookers and blow, but you never need to leave the house.
                                But one thing we learned through the COVID era is that we like to go to games and we like the fans in the stands at games too. It's just not the same without and that virtual crap sucks. Some people live to go to games. It's not going anywhere.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X