Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    RGIII wants to have a word with you.
    People forget what a talent that dude was.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If the quarterback is in the pocket, he goes through the progressions and nothing is there and the quarterback runs for some yards, there isn't an issue. Even the great man and Super Bowl champ Matthew Stafford does that. The problem with the running quarterback has been if they take off after the first read.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

People forget what a talent that dude was.
        And... He is by far the best analyst on TV right now.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I can throw a load of pocket QB’s at you who have had terrible injuries as well. Hell, Stafford has broken his back twice playing for the Lions alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            If the quarterback is in the pocket, he goes through the progressions and nothing is there and the quarterback runs for some yards, there isn't an issue. Even the great man and Super Bowl champ Matthew Stafford does that. The problem with the running quarterback has been if they take off after the first read.
            That’s how they tend to come into the league. Hurts was bailing in his first season, now he’s keeping his eyes downfield and going through progressions.

Comment

• Stafford is still playing at a high level, Cam Newton is not on a roster as far as I know.

How about throwing out a bunch of running quarterbacks still running at a high rate in their mid 30s.

I'm sorry, you have to deliver from the pocket in the NFL, that should not be a controversial statement. It certainly isn't about archaic thinking or my ego, NFL defenses are brutal.

Comment

• Driving School Bus GIF by Super Simple
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Stafford is still playing at a high level, Cam Newton is not on a roster as far as I know.

How about throwing out a bunch of running quarterbacks still running at a high rate in their mid 30s.

I'm sorry, you have to deliver from the pocket in the NFL, that should not be a controversial statement. It certainly isn't about archaic thinking or my ego, NFL defenses are brutal.
                  Cam Newton first hurt his shoulder getting sacked by JJ Watt in the pocket. I agree though, no doubt the wear and tear took its toll on his body. He had quite a distinctive “run you over” style as opposed to some of these guys who are usually too shifty to hit.

I’m not advocating for “running” QB’s. I’m saying the dual threat is a major advantage. As Fields has gained more ground yards, he’s also opened up more passing lanes and is starting to see the field more when it comes to throwing. His yardage numbers aren’t gaudy through the air, but he’s made some big throws.

Comment

If the quarterback is in the pocket, he goes through the progressions and nothing is there and the quarterback runs for some yards, there isn't an issue. Even the great man and Super Bowl champ Matthew Stafford does that. The problem with the running quarterback has been if they take off after the first read.
                    He don't get far. He's sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooow
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

It happened to Cam Newton
                      It happened to Marino
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        RGIII wants to have a word with you.
                        Terry Bradshaw would call you but he's not allowed to dial a phone.

We can go on and on

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

That’s how they tend to come into the league. Hurts was bailing in his first season, now he’s keeping his eyes downfield and going through progressions.
                          You can't do anything with them. They see this issue as binary. The progress of the game has passed them by and they just can't see there's a lot of QBs that don't hamstring their offense and team by running slower then OL. EVERY QB will be in a position where no one is open. Some will be able to move the sticks still. Some will throw it away and punt. I prefer the first, they prefer the later.

Comment

Stafford is still playing at a high level, Cam Newton is not on a roster as far as I know.

Aaron Rodgers

Comment

• Throw me a bunch of names of QBs that are successful this year that can't make plays with their feet.

I'll wait

Comment

• It's not about, not making plays with their feet. It is about their feet being the main weapon.

Hell, Tom Brady makes plays with his feet. When they get to the point that they can't do things like move in the pocket to buy some time or scramble for a few yards when the pocket breaks down, their career is over (see Matt Ryan)
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X