No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now will all you fuckers quit complaining about the OT rules?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I'll be honest, my dislike of the Chiefs stems from two fairly petty things.

1) Mahomes gets so much chatter and respect and lauds for his "unconventional" way of play; ignoring that Stafford had been playing that game since Mahomes was in high school. Mahomes in many way was just Stafford with a better supporting cast, and it annoyed me how the Haters Club rejoiced Mahomes' game while shitting on Stafford in the same breath.

2) The Chiefs became Gonz's adopted team when the Rams became too girly for him (i.e. owned by woman), and Gonz annoys me even on the best of days, so fuck the Chiefs.
      Just think how long the camping trip will be after the Chiefs (Fuck a bunch of Chiefs) loss and if my Rams beat the Niners.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Burrow is a franchise quarterback and will be great for a long time, but the three wins were a result of the opponents self destructing.

Comment

• Doesn't seem that loud when the Rams offense is on the field...so maybe not 65% 9ers fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolf View Post
            Doesn't seem that loud when the Rams offense is on the field...so maybe not 65% 9ers fans.
            Yeah, kinda feels 50/50, which is probably the best the Rams could hope for all things considered.

Comment

• Congratulations on Matt Stafford going to the Super Bowl!

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Burrow is a franchise quarterback and will be great for a long time, but the three wins were a result of the opponents self destructing.
                Ya and we have to hope McVay doesn't supply that in the SB. The players won't.
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I'll be honest, my dislike of the Chiefs stems from two fairly petty things.

1) Mahomes gets so much chatter and respect and lauds for his "unconventional" way of play; ignoring that Stafford had been playing that game since Mahomes was in high school. Mahomes in many way was just Stafford with a better supporting cast, and it annoyed me how the Haters Club rejoiced Mahomes' game while shitting on Stafford in the same breath.

2) The Chiefs became Gonz's adopted team when the Rams became too girly for him (i.e. owned by woman), and Gonz annoys me even on the best of days, so fuck the Chiefs.
                  Yeah my list goes:
                  1. F da Chefs
                  END LIST
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Mahomes was not good today, way too many times he turned his back in the pocket.
                    Looked a lot like Goff to me

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                    Well my best friend down here in cincy( I live here) is a die hard bengal fan. Two years ago if you would have told me Stafford would play the bengals in the SB I would have wondered what powerful drugs you were on.

This just shows you the power of having a true franchise quarterback. Goff is not that guy but we can get that guy in two years. Hang in there lions fans we can be the Bengals before you know it.

I am not a draft expert but a new thread should tell us what QBs in college will be available in 2023
                    Are you trying to get me x'd out by CGTV?

BTW doc:
                    This just shows you the power of having a true franchise quarterback.
                    <sigh>

The power of having a true FRANCHISE.

No team is a man of itself. I didn't agree with the QB Jesus mentality to knock a true franchise QB while he was in Detroit and I'm not buying it to pat the same on the back because he is on a GREAT TEAM now.

He was always good enough. IDK what people needed to see. Well... I guess I got that answer.

But also, you can't start talking the QB Jesus stuff now either. Can't have it both ways.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Maybe he looked like Goff, but I always was under the impression Goff was in some true danger when he would do those spin moves. Mahomes was inside the 10 driving for the go ahead score and he had Hardman open breaking open in the flat towards the pylon instead of throwing it, he started turning his back to the defense. I kind of thought he had advanced beyond that this season, but it reared it's head again.

Comment

• Ditto to what Chemi is saying about Stafford/Mahomes.....every time Mahomes throws a side-arm pass the announcers try to come out of the booth and fellate the guy. When Stafford was doing this (specifically prior to caldwell taking over)...it was seen as a major flaw/red-flag.

IMO Mahomes is a really good player.....but his confidence in his athletic ability cost his team a trip to the SB. He has the ability to run around in the pocket and create extra time...maybe better than anyone I've ever seen....but doesn't understand when to throw the ball away. He's a great athlete....and everyone wants to anoint him the next chosen one....but if he doesn't start using his brain better, Reid is going to keep losing conference championships. Brady isn't/wasn't great because he's the best athlete on the field.

I have to start asking about direct parallels between Donovan McNabb and Mahomes

Comment

• Mahomes went back to big play hunting rather than taking what the defense was giving. That's part of why they struggled so much earlier in the year. I heard a stat that Cinci dropped 8 into coverage 35% of the time for the game, but the 2nd half it was like 45%, which apparently are really high rates. KC also only ran the ball a handful of times in the 2nd half (excluding Mahomes scrambles), despite running it well all day. Just an all around failure on the offensive side of the ball. They only had 83 yards (!) in the half.

Comment

• Yep, during the season it had appeared Mahomes started taking what the defense gave him. Yesterday he reverted.

It is counterintuitive for Cincy, they were down, most teams when they are down do not send less pressure. They don't dare the opposition to run.

I always think there s a mindset issue for some of these high scoring teams. For them it isn't enough to win by a field goal, they really want to win by a few touchdowns and they get flustered when the heavy underdog makes it a game.
                            Last edited by froot loops; January 31, 2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• It is part of why Brady has so many rings, the dude was the master of taking what the defense gave him. He had the patience to methodically march down the field with short to intermediate routes. Eventually those completions bust open for a huge gain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                Mahomes went back to big play hunting rather than taking what the defense was giving. That's part of why they struggled so much earlier in the year. I heard a stat that Cinci dropped 8 into coverage 35% of the time for the game, but the 2nd half it was like 45%, which apparently are really high rates. KC also only ran the ball a handful of times in the 2nd half (excluding Mahomes scrambles), despite running it well all day. Just an all around failure on the offensive side of the ball. They only had 83 yards (!) in the half.
                                Yes he(Mahomes) did. I was hoping for said. He's not a good QB in that aspect. Against the Bills he didn't do that and he was great. I happy for that.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X