No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, it's top notch. He is simultaneously extremely self-aware and unself-aware at the same time. The facial expressions on the field have taken the next step. He would be outstanding in wrestling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah. We need to come away with a bunch of good-great players in the next 2 drafts and will need to continue that going forward. We barely have an NFL starting lineups. Any and every injury to a starter exposes the lack of depth due to the purge of the Quintricia debacle. 3 #1 picks (1 being the 3rd pick of the draft) on the shelf.
      My point was "oh, if it wasn't for injuries this team would be so much better," is an excuse, and a poor one at that. Every single team takes injuries. The Lions aren't particularly snakebit in THAT regard either. The only "curse" on the Lions is one that is ENTIRELY self-inflicted. The Lions screw the Lions, no one else.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

My point was "oh, if it wasn't for injuries this team would be so much better," is an excuse, and a poor one at that. Every single team takes injuries. The Lions aren't particularly snakebit in THAT regard either. The only "curse" on the Lions is one that is ENTIRELY self-inflicted. The Lions screw the Lions, no one else.
        Lacking depth to overcome injuries doesn't make the statement that they'd be better if not for the injuries false. In fact it makes it even more true. The amount of injuries and to who matters even if you want to act like it doesn't. It definitely mattered for the Chiefs in last years Superbowl. Using it as an excuse would be done to maybe argue that there isn't a big need to improve. Literally no one is doing that. No one is saying it's the only reason we are bad. No one is using it as an excuse like that either. People are just stating facts. You're just making it into an argument for no reason.

Comment

• I actually don't have any problem with Peyton's decision making late in this game. Whether it's 1 minute with no TOs, or 2 minutes with 2 TOs, if Brady only needs a field goal, odds are he's gonna be able to get those yards. You're gonna have to lean on your defense regardless. Might as well go for broke and make Brady go the length of the field.

Comment

• Brady had three turnovers and threw a pick six in the last two minutes of the game.

Time to try... Oh, you know. ;)
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Brady had three turnovers and threw a pick six in the last two minutes of the game.

Time to try... Oh, you know. ;)
              They should go get Jeff Driskel.

In fairness the someone else argument could occasionally hold water if the someone else can do something the starter can't. I don't think Blough is any better than Goff throwing the football. I'm not sure he's drastically worse though either. He may however be able to occasionally extend a drive with his legs more than Goff can and that isn't nothing. That said he's not an elite difference maker in that department either. See him trying to step up and out and fumbling today for example.

You probably won't see me clamoring for Blough but the gap between Blough and Stafford is certainly smaller than the gap between Blough and Goff.

Comment

• Boyle might be coming back soon, right? I’m firmly in the Blough camp anyways. A QB change hardly changes the Lions season IMO. It’s whatever..

(1-7) Texans vs (1-7) Dolphins toilet bowl next week. Who we rooting for? Thinking the Texans because they look like a worse team. Brian Flores showed in 2019 that he can fix a stinker team midway through the season.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Boyle might be coming back soon, right? I’m firmly in the Blough camp anyways. A QB change hardly changes the Lions season IMO. It’s whatever..

(1-7) Texans vs (1-7) Dolphins toilet bowl next week. Who we rooting for? Thinking the Texans because they look like a worse team. Brian Flores showed in 2019 that he can fix a stinker team midway through the season.
                  Doesn't matter, because the Lions are going 0-17 anyway.

Comment

• Watching MN and Dallas.

Without Dak, the Cowboys are a very mediocre team.

The Vikings are mediocre in general.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dallas has been moving the ball, but it’s obvious the difference without their MVP candidate QB.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Doesn't matter, because the Lions are going 0-17 anyway.
                      Some cushion would be nice because I believe the Lions could win 1 or 2 games this season. It’s going to be 0, 1, or 2 season wins. Whoever bet over on the 4.5 Lions win total O/U…. Nope.
                      There’s a pattern with this team. Embarrassed, almost win, embarrassed, almost win, and embarrassed.
                      The possibility of lucking into a win or two is still there.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Dallas has been moving the ball, but it’s obvious the difference without their MVP candidate QB.

Some cushion would be nice because I believe the Lions could win 1 or 2 games this season. It’s going to be 0, 1, or 2 season wins.
                        Fixed that for you. They aren't even going to come CLOSE to winning any game left on the schedule. Just lean back and revel in the ineptitude.

Comment

• Dak never gets enough credit for how good he is. He’s an elite QB. Dallas is really good if they stay healthy with the additions on defense.

Gallup should be back soon. He’s a weapon. I would target him for the Lions as a FA. He just needs targets. That dude is a playmaker outside.

Comment

• That’s a big win for Dallas on the road with a QB who last played in 2017. They just always take BPA in the draft and it works. That’s a team with a lot of talent.

Comment

• Eh, they took Lamb last year, but most of their last several drafts have been taking players to fix their porous defense. They've just drafted better than the Lions.

Comment

• The heck has happened to the Chiefs? Struggling against the lowly Giants after winning it all just two years ago.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X