X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-rays on Tua Tagovailoa’s ribs negative

Posted by Josh Alper on September 19, 2021, 3:14 PM EDT

Getty Images

Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa left Sunday’s game with injured ribs after a hit by Bills edge rusher A.J. Epenesa and the team offered an update on his condition in the third quarter.

The Dolphins radio broadcast said that X-rays on Tagovailoa’s ribs were negative. He was called questionable to return when he left the game, but Jacoby Brissett remains in the game and Tagovailoa has not returned to the sideline.

Tagovailoa was sacked twice before the Epenesa hit and Jacoby Brissett has been sacked twice more since taking over for Tagovailoa. Those protection issues will have to be ironed out regardless of who is under center in Week Three.

At the moment, it looks like the Dolphins will be 1-1 for that game in Las Vegas. The Bills extended their lead to 21-0 on a Dawson Knox touchdown catch to open the second half.

Meanwhile...

JUSTIN HERBERTQB, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
    Justin Herbert completed 31-of-41 passes for 338 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions in the Chargers 20-17, Week 2 loss to the Cowboys.

Herbert posted a solid fantasy outing but his day could have been monstrous were it not for a few mistakes. He had two touchdowns called back by penalties and one of his interceptions came in end zone. The Chargers also had a pair of drives end in red zone field goals. A lot of things broke against Herbert and he still topped 300 yards and found paydirt once. For an off day, that's pretty good. Los Angeles has dialed up 88 pass attempts for him through two games and he's been willing to go deep frequently. All of this points to gaudy yardage totals and plenty of touchdown potential in the future. Look for a bounceback performance from the second-year passer in his Week 3 outing versus the Chiefs.

Sep 19, 2021, 9:10 PM ET
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• They're frauds, really ok WRs and JAG TEs...

BEN ROETHLISBERGERQB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
      Ben Roethlisberger expressed displeasure with offensive coordinator Matt Canada after Pittsburgh's Week 2 loss to the Raiders.

When asked about formations used in the Steelers' loss, Roethlisberger said, “You’ll have to ask Coach Canada that. That’s what he’s calling, what we’re going with. We got some really good football players that you want to get on the football field. So, if you don’t have them out there, they’re sitting on the bench doing nothing.” Reporters asked Roethlisberger about no-huddle usage this season. “We don’t really have a no-huddle,” he said. The Steelers' offense looks as stale and predictable as ever, even as Canada was supposed to bring Pittsburgh's offense into the 21st century. Frustration will continue to mount unless the team's offensive line can improve and Roethlisberger can deliver more accurate, on-time throws to his excellent wideouts.

RELATED:
      SOURCE: The Athletic
      Sep 20, 2021, 9:40 AM
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• He's done.

DEVONTA FREEMANRB, BALTIMORE RAVENS
        Devonta Freeman had two carries for 29 yards in Week 2 against the Chiefs.

Freeman had a 31-yard run on his first carry. He was a non-factor outside of that, rushing for negative yards on his only other touch. Freeman looks to be behind Ty’Son Williams and Latavius Murray in the Ravens’ three-back committee. The Ravens have Le'Veon Bell pushing for Freeman's roster spot on their practice squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Gus Johnson's call on the game ending shank in the Cards-Vikings game was epic. It might be a top 5 Gus Johnson call.
          That fucking jackass Paul Allen called it good and had to be told by the color guy that he missed it. It is classic and extremely satisfying

Last edited by CGVT; September 20, 2021, 08:49 AM.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

That fucking jackass Paul Allen called it good and had to be told by the color guy that he missed it. It is classic and extremely satisfying

Thanks man.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

In Paul Allen's defense he did immediately correct himself before the color guy chimed in.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Gus Johnson's call on the game ending shank in the Cards-Vikings game was epic. It might be a top 5 Gus Johnson call.
                Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                I'm going to have to look for that. I find Gus to be really funny. All that screaming is pretty laughable to me

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/14397...missed-fg.html

Last edited by -Deborah-; September 20, 2021, 12:30 PM.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

In Paul Allen's defense he did immediately correct himself before the color guy chimed in.
                  No. I’m pretty sure that was the color guy correcting him first. Listen to it again.

Either way, the guys a hack
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sounds like his voice.

Comment

• I really enjoy watching the purple headed felons lose, especially due to a crappy kicker.
                      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Screenshot_20210920-160220_Chrome.jpg
                        Last edited by Deborah? What the crap!

Comment

• Yes I embedded the tweet for you. You had only linked to it.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks, I figured it was a correction of some sort.

Comment

• Just wait until she edits your posts to say she has Dan Campbell locked in your basement as a love slave.

And that she can remove the "edited by" byline from your posts.

Please. Ya gotta believe me.

Comment

• What we need is a Gus Johnson/Aquib Talib booth for a Rams game at home. That would be epic. The problem is I'm certain they will never draw down that far on announcing teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X