No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What CGVT said was correct, the Rams were able to ground it out at the end and that rarely happened with the Lions. I think the most important part was the Rams kind of bogged down in the middle of the game and Fraquar came in here chirping about it. The Rams never felt in danger of losing the game even when their drives were stalling. With the Lions when Stafford had a few of those drives where they settled for field goals you knew it would come back to hurt them. Most of the time they had to keep on scoring with the lead or they would give up the game.

If you ever listen to the robotic MNF robotic halftime interviews with Jim Gray and Tom Brady, one of TB's favorite sayings is an offensive drive is successful if it ends with kick a PAT, FG or a pint.
    Last edited by froot loops; September 13, 2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Yes, while the offense was sort of stalling when they had a 2+ score lead, the defense didn't give up 21 points in 8 minutes or anything. Makes life a lot easier. Stafford's going to face adversity this year, that division looks to be no joke. But he's got to like what he saw in game 1.

Comment

Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
        Watching the Browns KC game and stupid #33 for the Browns shoved a KC coach on the sideline and got tossed from the game. Fine coming?
        That coach needs to be fined too. He started the shoving first. That of course doesn't ok the same from the player though.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Montgomery looked really good. I thought he looked slimmer and faster. They need to just go with Fields next week. Chi can be a playoff team if they don't allow Dalton to bury them.

Comment

Ok anybody watching that long play that almost ended the MNF game ... is it just me, or was that a near carbon-copy of the Okudah-Deebo long TD ... I guess only difference is the DB looked back at the ball
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Insane game. Could end up in the top 5 for best NFL regular season games of the 2021 season.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Yeah it was crazy
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

BAL needs Bateman healthy. He’s the physical WR they need. Anytime I watch Andrews I see a JAG. I will never understand the hype with that guy.

The biggest loss for BAL is Peters. He’s such an elite playmaker and can’t be replaced.

Comment

I assume BAL throws a pick to land Ingram. Makes way too much sense for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      Ok anybody watching that long play that almost ended the MNF game ... is it just me, or was that a near carbon-copy of the Okudah-Deebo long TD ... I guess only difference is the DB looked back at the ball
                      I thought about that too and the announcers were even saying there wasn't much the CB could do. Here they crucify the guy for that. I didn't because it was so random. Going forward, I'm sure future teams will be sitting on that. But they hadn't did that in any pre-season game. So it was sort of a trick play that they got away with. IF we had a real NFL Safety he makes a play on that. Probably a pick.

Knowing Chucky, he probably saw that and installed it that day.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Watching that play again. WTF??? Harris has less range then a weak FM station. He's slow and have little to no instincts. What were they doing there? Were both safeties covering Kittle?

And oh yeah, he gets juked (Deebo didn't have to do much) for the TD. Of course he is too slow to actually close on anyone that has a step on him.

Comment

Did anyone see this play? The dummy had a ball just sitting on top of the other player. All he had to do was grab it. But, no. Celebration time! Dummy...

Marlon Humphrey had an interception last night, but he didn’t realize it

Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2021, 10:38 AM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey could have had an interception on Monday night. He should have had an interception on Monday night.

The play happened with 25 seconds left in the first quarter. The Raiders had the ball, third and 10 from their own 28. Quarterback Derek Carr threw a pass to tight end Darren Waller. The ball arrived at the 40. Humphrey prevented the reception.

He didn’t realize he had an interception in his hands.

Look at the two angles of the play. The ball never struck the ground. Humphrey got up, bringing the ball with him. Although Raiders receiver Hunter Renfrow made a head’s-up move to cover the ball after it fell to the ground as if Humphrey had caught the ball and fumbled it, Humphrey didn’t have the ball in his hands long enough to amount to possession.

He could have. He should have. It would have given Baltimore, who led 7-0 at the time, a short field. Instead, the Raiders punted, the Ravens started the next drive from their own 20, and they punted after three plays.

Sure, the Ravens eventually went up 14-0 anyway before the Raiders came to life. A turnover in that spot followed by a score could have changed everything. Could have. Should have. Didn’t, because Humphrey didn’t realize he had the ball in his hands.

Dummy

Comment

I miss being able to find the games on YouTube. Lately the NFL been good at scrubbing them off YouTube.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              It was hard for me to watch him.
                              Yeah it was very weird to say the least watching him in another uniform.
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

You guys have to be diehard longtime Rams fans like me.

Comment

Working...
                                X