No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It probably means that the next Monday Night Wildcard game is LA Rams at Detroit Lions.

That alone would wet the mouths of the ESPN executives.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• NFL gets the "Stafford comes home" narrative they were desperate for.

Wonderful.

Rams... probably win this matchup honestly.

I just don't have ANY faith in the Lions defense that they'll make enough stops. Every time they've played a good QB, they've been torched nigh effortlessly, and Stafford is frankly still one of the best playing right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        NFL gets the "Stafford comes home" narrative they were desperate for.

Wonderful.

Rams... probably win this matchup honestly. I just don't have ANY faith in the Lions defense that they'll make enough stops.
        They’ve be lucky to get at least two stops, however I do see Hutch feasting on Stafford because he’s a statue in the pocket after all these years

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionsfan123 View Post

They’ve be lucky to get at least two stops, however I do see Hutch feasting on Stafford because he’s a statue in the pocket after all these years
          The defense is going to have to do something they haven't really been able to do all year... get pressure with just their front four. That means all these JAGs that have been invisible all season are gonna have to show up, because Hutch is going to be facing double and triple teams all game.

Stafford will absolutely feast on any heavily blitzing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            NFL gets the "Stafford comes home" narrative they were desperate for.

Wonderful.

Rams... probably win this matchup honestly.

I just don't have ANY faith in the Lions defense that they'll make enough stops. Every time they've played a good QB, they've been torched nigh effortlessly, and Stafford is frankly still one of the best playing right now.
            I actually completely disagree, Stafford is exactly who the defense can get on top of, a non mobile QB who stands in the pocket and will hold the ball looking for the big throw, plus he will throw a pick or two on queue.
            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• The Lions defense struggles against quarterbacks than can chuck it from the pocket. People have this weird obsession with mobile quarterbacks. Mullens, Prescott and Herbert carved up the secondary without being very mobile. With this secondary, I'd rather face a quarterback who ran some.

Having said that, they kept the Cowboys to 20 and the Vikes to 20 today.

Comment

• They struggle with QBs that can extend plays, it's just that being mobile has become an increasingly common way to do that. But another, and more traditional, way is by being savvy in the pocket, which Stafford is absolutely capable of.
                Last edited by chemiclord; January 7, 2024, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• You have to bend but don't break Stafford. They will get some stops.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    You have to bend but don't break Stafford. They will get some stops.
                    Problem is that Stafford is going to break them, early and often and damn near every time.

The Rams are gonna put up a 40-burger on this shit secondary. Only question is if the Lions offense can put up 41.

I'm... not hopeful.

Comment

• Seems like there's lots of SOL fans unjustifiably afraid of The Legend of Stafford.
                      Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Because despite the pissy jilted-lover narrative of some Lions fans, Stafford was and is one of the best QBs playing right now, and if there is one thing this defense simply has not been able to even slow down, it's good QB play. The Lions D has been utterly helpless every single time they've played a good quarterback.

Fuck, Nick Mullens was looking like Tom Brady up until the end of the game tonight. Whattya think Stafford is going to do to that clown college?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                          Seems like there's lots of SOL fans unjustifiably afraid of The Legend of Stafford.
                          He's a quality qb. Apprehension is warranted. Lucky we didn't have to play Cousins with the Vikes. Cuz he is... OK. #9 throws a lot of good deep balls, which we don't do so well against.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

He's a quality qb. Apprehension is warranted. Lucky we didn't have to play Cousins with the Vikes. Cuz he is... OK. #9 throws a lot of good deep balls, which we don't do so well against.
                            To be fair, the Lions defense doesn't do so well against short balls or intermediate balls either.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

To be the best you gotta beat the best. Bring it!
                              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

To be the best you gotta beat the best. Bring it!
                                Check. Tom Brady was 5-2 against the Lions in his career​

Brady completed just 14 of 26 passes for a measly 133 yards as the Lions overwhelmed the New England Patriots in a 26-10 victory at Ford Field.​
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X