No announcement yet.

All the Other Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Zeke there made some sense. He’d be able to get a lateral while running forward (after he got off his ass). The other thing that made sense was getting the linemen out wide, where they could eventually get in front of a ball carrier.

What made no sense to me was having your return guy catch the initial pass. He’d be they guy I’d want to end up with it with some blockers in front of him in the open field.

I realize the odds are very slim, but they aren’t none.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yeah, it was creative but didn't work. I think the last ditch lateral plays are pretty much a waste of time. I am not a stats geek, but my impression is that if the qB can get the ball to or within a couple of yards from the endzone a team should always throw the Hail Mary. Neither play has much chance, but I think the Hail Mary is a better gamble.

BTW, Zeke really got blown up after the snap. Ha!
      Me and the misses LOFAO!
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post
        Those last-gasp lateral plays come up often enough that I don’t understand why a team doesn’t bring in a rugby coach to help design one and teach the team how to execute it. I only played rugby a couple of years, but the key is lateraling to someone who’s running with pace when he catches it. Pitching it back to someone standing still is useless.

I wonder if that’s what the Cowboys were trying to do, but the receiver got blown up before it could develop. McCarthy is getting roasted for it, but I’ll give them credit for working on something different. The way they set it up made some sense.
        Those O-lineman were just too far away from where the ball was thrown to even matter, and one of the key players was always going to get blasted into next week by playing C.
        Maybe they thought it was a FG and it would be illegal for the opposing D-line to even touch Zeke? Stupid .
        Zeke most definitely took one for the team there.

Comment

• Haha!

nfl-memes-divisional-round-24.webp
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• McCarthy had the right idea but the concept was still half baked. You can't not have a line, make it a three man line with your three tight ends lining up as a GCG. It's something you have to practice, but the fact is if Dalton Schultz doesn't screw up twice in the last minute, you would have had a standard Hail Mary.

Comment

• I’m getting onto deceased equine territory here, but I think the o line was where the ball was going, if Turpin wasn’t tackled immediately.

Comment

• I wonder where the first lateral was supposed to go?

The play got blown up so quickly that you couldn't see what the real plan was.

Oh well. Fuck the Cowboys. Ha!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

No they don't
                  Are you saying you want them to keep him so they won’t go far? In that case, I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

Are you saying you want them to keep him so they won’t go far? In that case, I agree.
                    That was my point zackly!
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• BWAHAHA!

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, no this is not a real quote, but I wouldn't put past the old fuck.

327148370_705153237806398_2159711715465982822_n.jpg

Comment

• 9rs and Eagles.

I don't have any real like or dislike for either of these teams. So I am just looking for a good game with the winner winning the Superbowl

The later game?

Fuck a bunch of Chiefs and Bengals.

Comment

• Philly fans are the worst so eff a bunch of Eagles
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Shout out to Christian McCaffrey. The dude is the definition of a stud.

Comment

• I don't know what witch doctor desecrated a sacred Native American burial ground with a voodoo doll to curse whoever is the 49ers QB, but for the sake of the team, I hope it can be dispelled.

Comment

• Niners really hurting themselves with all these penalties

Comment

Working...
                                X