All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    Ask any player though and they'd tell you they sell their soul to the Devil to be able to hoist a Lombardi trophy.
    Shiiiiiiiittttt, Stafford just beat the Devil in his deal. It was an epic comeback. Because.... you know it was.​

Well, then the Devil went down to Highland Park.
    He was looking for a win to steal.
    He was way unkind, sacked behind the line, throwin picks that seemed unreal.

When he came upon a young man throwing a spiral and making it hot.
    And the devil jumped up on a linebacker's butt and said, Boy let me tell you wut....

I guess you didn't know it but I'm a quarterback too
    And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you
    Now you throw a pretty good dime, boy
    But give the devil his due
    I'll bet a keg of gold against your soul
    'Cause I think I'm better than you​

Norm Macdonald Television GIF by Saturday Night Live
    Last edited by dpatnod; March 11, 2023, 01:26 AM.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Half of that lyric talks about Stafford, not the Devil.
      Stafford is throwing the picks - 6's at record numbers.
      Sure that Stafford wasn't the Devil trying to make that deal?

Favre is the only one to catch and he's got 8 more years to try.....

Comment

• Yeah you're right. You can't win with that guy.
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Idk, he looked cooked last year. Numerous back injuries through the years. The ligament tears in the thumb. He got the shit kicked out of him here. We’ll see what happens this year, but he had a noodle arm last year.

Comment

• What was proven was that The Detroit Lions couldn’t win with that guy.
            So the trade was great for the Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
              What was proven was that The Detroit Lions couldn’t win with that guy.
              So the trade was great for the Detroit Lions
              It did kinda feel like he had been Lionized

Comment

• The Lions haven't proven they can win with any guy yet.

Comment

• What was proven is you need a lot of talent to win a title, Stafford didn't have that in Detroit. No quarterback was winning with that talent. The haters could never understand that.

Comment

• I actually said that but hate for me couldn’t see it

Comment

• Matthew Stafford officially has another $57 million become fully guaranteed

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2023, 9:38 PM EDT

Getty Images

Would the Rams like to find a way to gracefully move on from quarterback Matthew Stafford? Perhaps. Have they? Nope.

With the close of business coming and going on Thursday absent a roster move for Stafford, he’ll be on the team on Friday. Which means he’ll see another $57 million become fully guaranteed.

Specifically, his $31 million base salary in 2024 will be fully guaranteed. Also, his $26 million option bonus now must be exercised.

Throw in his $1.5 million base salary from 2022 and a fully-guaranteed $1.5 million base salary for 2023, and that’s $120 million either paid or owed to Stafford since Super Bowl LVI.

And, yes, the Rams would have (we’re told) welcomed the opportunity to trade Stafford. If Aaron Rodgers hadn’t decided to join the Jets, Stafford could have become the Plan B, if he would have been willing to go to New York.

There has been some speculation that Stafford will retire, even though he has said he won’t. Beyond giving up the millions in guaranteed money he has yet to receive, he’d owe the Rams up to $48 million in signing-bonus reimbursement if he retires now.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• He's in the same boat as Rodgers: Makes too much money to consider retiring yet.

Comment

• Plus he has a lot of football left in him. Go get 'em Matthew!

Comment

• His arm and awareness are still world class.

And a big plus - he hasn't turned into a Kardashian like Brady and Rodgers
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              His arm and awareness are still world class.

And a big plus - he hasn't turned into a Kardashian like Brady and Rodgers
                              He's literally going to become the league leader in pick 6's - so as far as awareness goes......
                              Can't argue with you on his arm - he's got a cannon - but it gets him into trouble as much as it helps him.
                              He's on pace to destroy Favre's pick 6 record even if he only plays 3 more years.

You may not realize this - but he's only played 10 full seasons.
                              Favre played 17.......

Comment

• He's already matched his superbowl wins.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X