No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His time in Detroit prepared him for this game.

Comment

• A thoughtful think piece for the Stafford Haters Club:

The official video for “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley. The new album 'Are We There Yet?' is out now: Download here: https://RickAstley.lnk.to/AreWe...

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Sure

Haha! What a bunch of shit.

The 49ers game plan was to come in and bully and intimidate the Rams. They were borderline dirty all night. It almost worked but cost them two big 15 yd penalties.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Helmet to helmet and a block in the back, neither called. A lot of bad refereeing today all around.

Comment

• Yeah fuck them, I think they were trying to emulate the Charlestown Chiefs.

Comment

• Whether someone thinks Matthew Stafford is a very good/great quarterback or alternatively, "part of the problem" in Detroit has always been an acid test for the following question:

- Do you understand anything about this game at all?

And thus, instead of being continually asked to do the absolutely impossible by comfortably the worst-run organisation in the whole of North American sport, the moment he's given a good team, he delivers.

Most Detroit fans always appreciated him: the best Lions quarterback since Bobby Layne. Some absolute idiots on here did not. But as I've said before about those idiots, they're not pessimists. They're out and out nihilists, never happier than when the sky's falling in. Even this season, as the Lions at last began properly rebuilding under a hugely likeable, creative coach giving absolutely everything for the cause but who had nothing to work with at all, there was vehement criticism and/or "Fire him already!", along with "we're gonna go 0-17! I'm telling you!"

There's never any accountability for these people. They never learn a single damn thing. They'll be back next season with more unadulterated nonsense. Excused as a sign of their 'passion'. My backside.

Congratulations to one of the toughest, bravest men ever to play this brutal, violent, dangerous sport. I have no idea whether he'll be on the winning side two weeks from now... but for everything he's been through and put up with, he deserves it.

And so, to be quite frank, do his moronic haters on this forum.

Comment

• Aaron Donald yelling “This is my city!” to the crowd over and over after forcing that last turnover is sweet.

Comment

• What's fascinating is that these guys will claim "Stafford had enough to win!" and in the same breath talk about how shit the Lions are as a franchise.

Which is it?

Comment

• Well, because you see.... Barry wasn't really a good player. You gotta believe me!
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolf View Post
                        Ok Matt...why couldn't you do it w/the Lions w/a top 5 defense in 2014?
                        Oooh, that's a hard one. Oh yes, I know! It's because the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers and Cowboys were all on another level.

See also your absolutely flat-out barking mad comment about the playoffs. In none of 2011, 2014 or 2016 were the Lions anywhere near being good enough at any point. The last time we were was 1962. Even in '91, we rode all sorts of luck (mostly involving other teams) just to get to an NFCCG in which we were blown off the field.

People like you seriously think this is a one-man game. In a world where Marino reached one Super Bowl ever, Cunningham never did, Moon never did, Kelly never won one, Tarkenton ditto; the extraordinary Mahomes has still only won one, Kaaron has only won one, Favre likewise, Young likewise - while Eli won two, and even Trent freakin' Dilfer won one, the stupidity it takes to hold such a view is so totally off the charts, it's unbelievable.

This game is about the team. TEAM. TEAM. TEAM. But on the bright side, it's fun to see you backing out of the discussion because you can't handle being torn to shreds any more than you rightly already have been.

Unlike you, Matthew Stafford is the very opposite of a coward. Which is why most Lions fans love him and always will.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigfeller View Post

Oooh, that's a hard one. Oh yes, I know! It's because the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers and Cowboys were all on another level.

See also your absolutely flat-out barking mad comment about the playoffs. In none of 2011, 2014 or 2016 were the Lions anywhere near being good enough at any point. The last time we were was 1962. Even in '91, we rode all sorts of luck (mostly involving other teams) just to get to an NFCCG in which we were blown off the field.

People like you seriously think this is a one-man game. In a world where Marino reached one Super Bowl ever, Cunningham never did, Moon never did, Kelly never won one, Tarkenton ditto; the extraordinary Mahomes has still only won one, Kaaron has only won one, Favre likewise, Young likewise - while Eli won two, and even Trent freakin' Dilfer won one, the stupidity it takes to hold such a view is so totally off the charts, it's unbelievable.

This game is about the team. TEAM. TEAM. TEAM. But on the bright side, it's fun to see you backing out of the discussion because you can't handle being torn to shreds any more than you rightly already have been.

Unlike you, Matthew Stafford is the very opposite of a coward. Which is why most Lions fans love him and always will.
                          Oh man. There is this one guy you should have met here years ago......
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• What cracks me up is how they talk about the Rams being an All Star team. Well Pat Mahomes is throwing to two of the most unguardable players in the NFL. Tom Brady went to a stacked TB team. The Niners have Samuel and Kittle. The Patriots always had a good defense, good receivers and a top 10 running game. You need players.

OBJ's career had been stagnant. He was a bona fide star his first 3 seasons, but he hasnt been since then. Kendall Blanton had 4 career receptions prior to tonight. How is Kenny Golladay doing away from Stafford? Kupp was very good receiver but very few would project him to have Calvin Johnson production.

Comment

• People want to ding teams for trading for stars rather than drafting them. Those are a lot of the same people that say trading all those picks are dumb and will blow up in the Rams’ face. But everybody had a chance to trade for Ramsey. Nobody wanted Von Miller at the deadline. Lots of people thought the Rams overpaid for Stafford. Donald and Kupp are home grown.

Comment

• The best thing about this game is Stafford won it with his head coach shitting his pants. That dude always knows where the camera is. I do apologize to Jim Caldwell for libelous comparison to that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X