No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, did Stafford do something to fuck over Florio? He's like Ahab with his vendetta. If the Rams suck for the next 3-4 years while they right the ship, it will still be worth the SB title. The Colts will be lucky to get even a SB appearance playing in the Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Herbert conference for the next decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      Seriously, did Stafford do something to fuck over Florio? He's like Ahab with his vendetta. If the Rams suck for the next 3-4 years while they right the ship, it will still be worth the SB title. The Colts will be lucky to get even a SB appearance playing in the Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Herbert conference for the next decade.
      Vikings fan
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 1. Flags fly forever
        2. It doesn't take that long to turn around an NFL franchise, even if you might be missing draft picks. If you truly commit to it, you can clean up the cap situation in one year and if you accept that you are going to suck for a year you can gong show your way into finding lesser known players. That's what the Lions did.
        3. The worst thing you can do is not do anything and let the window shut.

Comment

• Something that former Rams executive Brad Holmes does now as GM of the Detroit Lions that he didn't get a chance to do when he worked for the Los Angeles Rams:

Lions GM Brad Holmes reveals what he thinks Rams did wrong during Draft
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Sounds like there is the proof of what I have been saying.
            He will draft the best player available and not just a player to fill a hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              Seriously, did Stafford do something to fuck over Florio? He's like Ahab with his vendetta. If the Rams suck for the next 3-4 years while they right the ship, it will still be worth the SB title. The Colts will be lucky to get even a SB appearance playing in the Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Herbert conference for the next decade.
              Wouldn’t it be comical if that was dwt?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I kind of think that remark by Holmes has had way too much extrapolated on it by the Turf Show Times. I like how Holmes has approached the off-season by filling holes so you can take BPA in the draft. But generally that's what most teams try to do, I'm not sure it's easy to do that year after year. It's much easier to do if you have cap space as they had this year. Also in their favor was they tore it down, when you have no designs on winning you can give drafted rookies a lot of snaps, and you can run gong shows on udfas and street free agents.

As they accumulate talent and win more games, it will be much harder to have cap space to fill needs in free agency so you can take BPA in the draft, you start relying on the draft to fill needs. It's not ideal but it will be something the team will have to deal with.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Wouldn’t it be comical if that was dwt?
                  Sometimes you just gotta pick your narrative and stick with it till the end of time.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Sometimes you just gotta pick your narrative and stick with it till the end of time.
                    And work it into every single subject
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Correct. We need to take a LS in the first 3 rounds!
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                        Something that former Rams executive Brad Holmes does now as GM of the Detroit Lions that he didn't get a chance to do when he worked for the Los Angeles Rams:

Lions GM Brad Holmes reveals what he thinks Rams did wrong during Draft
                        Sometimes articles end so quickly that I think the boss came in and said "times up".
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Stafford
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I will point out that Brad Holmes worked under three different GMs with the Rams. It’s simply a matter of preference when it comes to having the depth chart in the room. Not necessarily taking shots of what Les Snead does or anything like that.

Also, I can pretty much name off the Lions depth chart off of the top of my head. Excluding futures contract players. Sure that most people in the Lions draft room can too. Oh heck, even Rod Wood probably knows the QB1 and WR1 on the depth chart.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              I will point out that Brad Holmes worked under three different GMs with the Rams. It’s simply a matter of preference when it comes to having the depth chart in the room. Not necessarily taking shots of what Les Snead does or anything like that.

Also, I can pretty much name off the Lions depth chart off of the top of my head. Excluding futures contract players. Sure that most people in the Lions draft room can too. Oh heck, even Rod Wood probably knows the QB1 and WR1 on the depth chart.
                              Well, he knows the top five jersey sellers. That Amon St. Brown is a wide receiver may not be pertinent information to him to remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                I kind of think that remark by Holmes has had way too much extrapolated on it by the Turf Show Times. I like how Holmes has approached the off-season by filling holes so you can take BPA in the draft. But generally that's what most teams try to do, I'm not sure it's easy to do that year after year. It's much easier to do if you have cap space as they had this year. Also in their favor was they tore it down, when you have no designs on winning you can give drafted rookies a lot of snaps, and you can run gong shows on udfas and street free agents.

As they accumulate talent and win more games, it will be much harder to have cap space to fill needs in free agency so you can take BPA in the draft, you start relying on the draft to fill needs. It's not ideal but it will be something the team will have to deal with.
                                Agree.

I was thinking about this recently and teo things can be true. You can draft for needs and BPA if you have a plan and stick to it. The example that's fore most in my mind (theres a few) is Safety last draft. At many points Holmes could have drafted a Safety.

Starting with #12, he opted to not draft Kyle Hamilton (which had some other people in the draft thread shaking their heads) for Jamo.

Then:

#14 Baltimore Ravens Kyle Hamilton
                                #31 Cincinnati Bengals Daxton Hill
                                #32 Minnesota Vikings Lewis Cine
                                #37 Houston Texans Jalen Pitre

Then he drafted Josh Paschal at #46 with:

#48 Chicago Bears Jaquan Brisker
                                #96 Indianapolis Colts Nick Cross

still on the board.

So then he calmly drafts Kerby-Jo one pick later and the rest is history.

He could have jumped the gun with it being such a big need at the time, but he just let the draft come to him. We wouldn't have Jamo or maybe Josh P, and would not be as good. But he handled it perfectly because he knew it was deep and he could let it fall to him.

BPA & Need.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X