No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just don’t see it. If he wins a Super Bowl, I don’t see him giving up a Santa Monica lifestyle to come back to Detroit. More likely to do a team friendly deal and stay.

Comment

• While I don’t think he’s ever coming back to the D….London, the LA lifestyle isn’t for everyone and Stafford is the type of guy who might not love it.

I can see Stafford going to another contender after he’s done with the rams.

on the other hand….LA might be Kelly’s kind of town. I hear she’s got a podcast and is maintaining a higher profile….if she wants to do TV and get McCain’s spot on The View or something, LA is the place to do it. Even for Stafford….From an after-football perspective, winning a SB in LA and retirement in a rams jersey is a long term investment. He’ll take Montana’s place in those Ben-gay commercials.

Comment

• Yeah, he’s not coming back. And as Nick points out, even in the long shot scenario that he wanted to, Kelly sure as hell won’t.

Comment

• They had a residence in LA when he played in Detroit. He will sign a long term extension and finish out his career with the Rams.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            They had a residence in LA when he played in Detroit. He will sign a long term extension and finish out his career with the Rams.
            I’d say there’s like 92% chance this happens.

with a 5% chance he goes to another team and 3% chance he retires after next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              Valenti was criticizing Lions fans today for rooting for Stafford. I gathered His stance was that you should be rooting for the draft position. He said a pick at 20 is so much more valuable than 31 or 32. He also said that Stafford winning the Super Bowl would send him to the hall of fame as a Ram and it would make Lions fans look stupid. I didn’t get the angle. Him going in as a Ram doesn’t do anything to me. Me rooting for the Lions after their continued incompetence is what makes me look stupid.

Has anyone listened to him while Stafford has been on this run? Has he given him any credit at all? I know he often said Stafford wasn’t good enough and didn’t do enough with his opportunities (while he was here). Today he didn’t seem to even broach the fact that he won the last two games. He even hinted that he was lucky with the dropped INT, which I understand but I think it’s BS. No one ever brings up the dropped INT that Montana threw in the Super Bowl against Cincy.

I usually like Valenti and agree with some of what he says but it seems like he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong about Stafford while he was here.
              There are a couple of things going on here.

1. People don't like to admit they are wrong
              2. Fans and media are myopic and they saw every Lion game, so they magnify every mistake Stafford makes. That dropped interception by the Niners is being focused on. Valenti himself is talking up Joe Burrow. Burrow had two lazy passes that should have been picked in the second half Sunday. Burrow is going to be great, but for this playoffs the Bengals strategy has been let the opponent self destruct.
              3. Public opinion is thermostatic. For most of his Lion career, that station has been anti-Stafford between the callers and the hosts. That is going to push people in the other way to defend Stafford.

Comment

They had a residence in LA when he played in Detroit. He will sign a long term extension and finish out his career with the Rams.
                But Froot, the money! They are way over the cap, they can’t do it

Comment

• That why they have extensions!

Comment

Futureshock mentioned Suh, but the situations aren't the same.
                    1. Suh is a prickly personality that never talked to the local media. He was largely an anonymous figure in Detroit.
                    2. Nobody ever said you can't win with Sub.
                    3. The Lions as an organization never would speak, you only heard from the head coach or the quarterback and sometimes Dominic Raolia. For 12 seasons he stood up there and took the slings and arrows for the franchise and never complained. In response he was castigated and made fun of, Valenti plays this stupid Um song of Stafford. Suh never went through that nonsense.
                    BS

That's all a personal bias thing.

Okay then

Drew Stanton is the first ex-Lion QB to win a SB.

No love for ol Drew? Anyone?

And you are no closer as a Lion fan. You aren't. The Lions didn't win chit. stop the glomming.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Get to know Kelly Stafford, the wife of Rams starting quarterback Matthew Stafford, and the host of “The Morning After with Kelly Stafford” podcast.

Who is Kelly Stafford? Get to know Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford’s wife

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Your best and probably only chance at getting Stafford back in Detroit is two superbowl losses. If they win, he'll get extended and he'll never come back.

The take that the bengals are just counting on their opponents exploding is bullshit. They have a very young very talented offense and defense and have been extremely good in spurts on both sides of the ball all season. THEY have forced bad play from their opponents with good defense.

Comment

• Its true, they let the opponents beat themselves in all three games. All you have to do is watch, it's not like Burrow isn't going to be great, but he's thrown 4 touchdowns in three games. He has been a good game manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

BS

That's all a personal bias thing.

Okay then

Drew Stanton is the first ex-Lion QB to win a SB.

No love for ol Drew? Anyone?

And you are no closer as a Lion fan. You aren't. The Lions didn't win chit. stop the glomming.
                            I'm at peace with the knowledge this is the closest the Lions will ever get to a Super Bowl win. This is a Rams thread, you are welcome to find a thread devoted to the pride of Vegas.

Comment

• Yeah Drew Stanton = Matt Stafford. Good hot take.

i have nothing against Suh, glad he got a ring. But he was also only here 5 years, bolted for a record setting contract and went to the highest bidder, period. I have no ill will towards him at all for any of that. But Stafford was the QB for 12 years and took all the slings and arrows for this shit franchise he was trying to lead to success. And when they once again decided to re-set he asked for a trade so he could have a chance to win.

Comment

• Yeah if Stanton was the starting quarterback and had numerous parody songs made about him on the station, they would be celebrating him as well. There was a literally an argument a big slice of people said that Stafford didn't have what it took to win a single playoff game. Numerous hosts on that station professed that belief. We had a troll in here who made every thread about Stafford based on that belief.

Comment

Working...
                                X