All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The times he got in the playoffs with the Lions, they were on the road with a team happy to get into the playoffs. You need a better fucking team, it was obvious at the time.
    Broken backs and fingers play a role too.

But stafford is 50% in the playoffs.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

He threw more interceptions this year than he has in any season since 2013. 2.8 percent of his throws this year were picked. That's the highest rate of his career other than his rookie year.

They were just far more noticeable here because the team could not overcome him making any mistakes at all. That's why he never won here. He did his job. The GM's and coaches didn't field a team good enough to win.
      This is a key post. On the Valenti show they had Jim Costa on and he is a Stafford backer. They were talking up Burrow and what he has done. Costa said to them, "burrow beat Tennessee throwing no touchdown passes, how many games could Stafford win if he didn't throw a touchdown pass?" They had no answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolf View Post

Thanks, and I don't consider myself a hater...at least I didn't while Matt was here. I wanted him to lose to get a better draft pick, but then watching him I saw him make much better decisions then he did while he was here...just makes me mad, why not do those things here?

Fuck it..we get the pic we get...I still say go Cincy.
        This is absolute bullshit.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think the year they got boned in Dallas was the only legit contending team they fielded in his tenure. There are like 6-12ish teams every year that have a very real chance to win. Only one does. He didn't have the opportunities.

The time before that they gave up 45 points on 6 TD's to Matt fucking Flynn heading into the playoffs. That was not a contender. They gave up another 45 to the Saints.

The Seahawks year was a crappy team that backed in. Stafford was 150 yards shy of being the teams leading rusher.

Comment

• 150?

Edit: Oh, you mean for the year? I thought you were talking about the Seattle game. Carry on.
            Last edited by dpatnod; January 30, 2022, 10:48 PM.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

This is absolute bullshit.
              Yeah this game wasn't a great game for decisions, he had a couple of bad ones as all quarterbacks do.
              Last edited by froot loops; January 30, 2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• The Lions have had one season since Millen where they have had a good defense and they were worst to second worst rushing team in his 12 years here. Things have been so bad, people thought they had a good running game this year when it was only below average. That's why they believe your quarterback has to play perfect for a team to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yeah this game wasn't a great game for decisions, he had a couple of bad ones as all quarterbacks do.
                  I dunno, I don't think he really made any bad decisions tonight. He had a couple bad throws (that near second pick was one of them), but I don't recall any throw he attempted today where I wondered what the hell he was thinking or what he thought he saw.

Comment

• I heard someone on the radio today say Stafford couldn’t hold Burrow’s jock when it comes to having the “it factor”. Then he said Stafford was so lucky because the Cowboys and Packers lost and he didn’t have to face them. But he beat Tom Brady and the defending Super Bowl champions on the road and today he beat the team that beat those teams.

Comment

• Yeah I don't think the near pick by tartt was a terrible decision. I think his mind wrote a check his body didn't cash. Guess that's subjective as to if that qualifies as a bad decision.

Comment

• He took some hits prior to that throw. Could have been feeling them.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          I heard someone on the radio today say Stafford couldn’t hold Burrow’s jock when it comes to having the “it factor”. Then he said Stafford was so lucky because the Cowboys and Packers lost and he didn’t have to face them. But he beat Tom Brady and the defending Super Bowl champions on the road and today he beat the team that beat those teams.
                          I mean, I agree that Burrow is special but Stafford is much closer than "can't hold his jock" territory.

Comment

• Stafford beats the Bengals to get the monkey off his back, then the Rams fall apart next year, and as we kick Goff to the curb Stafford comes back to finish what he started here. Please don't laugh at me, I'm just trying to cope.
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• That is adorable.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Definitely not a perfect night but on a night when they couldn’t run, he was getting beat all to hell by a pass rush that apparently had free reign to hit him high, low, and piledrive him into the ground, he kept standing in there and slinging. The offense was entirely on his shoulders and he delivered. And after he put his team up, the defense delivered and closed the game, which is what good teams do.

Comment

Working...
                                X