Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    That sounds like a challenging project, given the tight space.

I am envious of all the projects you are knocking out!
    I have slowed down quite a bit since my stroke, but I've been going to PT and am getting stronger. I still get tired really quickly and when I'm tired my left leg starts to drag a bit, but I am feeling pretty close to 65 year old, old man normal again, so I'm trying to knock out some of the stuff I can still do while I still can.

This is such a tiny bathroom. It should be too bad of a demo job. I'll get some pics before I start.

Once I get the vanity out I think a standard corner shower pan will work, but I am not sure about lining up the drain. I'll pay somebody to get that right and I will have them put an off the shelf shower in with glass doors. I'll be able to do the rest of the work as it is all stuff I have done before so I should be able to do it myself and none of it is real labor intensive.

Getting old really sucks. Ha!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "I have slowed down quite a bit since my stroke, but I've been going to PT and am getting stronger."
      -----------------------------------I didn't know you had a stroke. Sounds like things are pretty good though???
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "I have slowed down quite a bit since my stroke, but I've been going to PT and am getting stronger."
        -----------------------------------I didn't know you had a stroke. Sounds like things are pretty good though???
        Yeah, in early Feb I had a small stroke and spent about 5 days in the hospital.

It was pretty scary. You have all kinds of plans to do shit and then one morning you wake up and can't lift your leg to put your pants on.

PT has helped me a lot. My balance is better than before the stroke and I am getting stronger all the time. I even ran a little bit on the treadmill last session. But it is a "new normal" for sure.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Now that my wife and I are on Medicare with a good supplemental plan Mary is going to ask our doctor if she can go back to PT since that is what seemed to help the most. The Blue Care insurance we had stopped it after so many times.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
            Now that my wife and I are on Medicare with a good supplemental plan Mary is going to ask our doctor if she can go back to PT since that is what seemed to help the most. The Blue Care insurance we had stopped it after so many times.
            It is time for universal health care in this country.

Between medicare and my military retirement, Tricare for Life, I have not had a bill. 5 days in the hospital, numerous follow ups and 6 months of weekly PT.

This care should be available to everyone.

Too bad a certain party wants to take this away.

*sigh*

Comment

• My wife is a manager of a rehab unit and half of her job is dealing with the insurance companies.

Comment

Now that my wife and I are on Medicare with a good supplemental plan Mary is going to ask our doctor if she can go back to PT since that is what seemed to help the most. The Blue Care insurance we had stopped it after so many times.
                So much for that. Only 20 visits a year and they are cumulative meaning if you go for 10 cognitive and 10 physical that's your 20 for the year.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

So much for that. Only 20 visits a year and they are cumulative meaning if you go for 10 cognitive and 10 physical that's your 20 for the year.
                  Damn, that sucks.

Comment

• Ok,, this last weekend we completed 2 moves. First one to Mt. Pleasant which was relatively easy once we got the bed adjusted. That had a cart and an elevator. The second move to Pittsburgh was physically more challenging even if my older daughter didn't have a lot of heavy things. She is in an old rowhouse on the 3rd floor in the Lawrenceville area of Pittsburgh. Just getting things up those stairs was exhausting. There was an old heavy wooden table left in her room that I brought home to work on as a project on stain and finish to replace my Ikea table as my desk. Pittsburgh is quite cool to visit, getting a UHaul van around this freeways and streets was a little difficult. 924 miles travelled and I slept like a rock last night

Comment

• Congratulations -- are you an empty nester now?
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Ok,, this last weekend we completed 2 moves. First one to Mt. Pleasant which was relatively easy once we got the bed adjusted. That had a cart and an elevator. The second move to Pittsburgh was physically more challenging even if my older daughter didn't have a lot of heavy things. She is in an old rowhouse on the 3rd floor in the Lawrenceville area of Pittsburgh. Just getting things up those stairs was exhausting. There was an old heavy wooden table left in her room that I brought home to work on as a project on stain and finish to replace my Ikea table as my desk. Pittsburgh is quite cool to visit, getting a UHaul van around this freeways and streets was a little difficult. 924 miles travelled and I slept like a rock last night
                        Jack is a senior this year. Classes start today at Auburn. We haven't helped him move since he was a freshman. He is in a fraternity and has lots of help from the pledges. Ha! And of course, I am no help. Since my stroke I can't carry stuff up stairs anymore. I'll go visit him in a week or two to take him anything he forgot, buy him some beer and food and take him out to eat a couple of times.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          Congratulations -- are you an empty nester now?
                          Not yet, this was just new school year moves, but the older daughter is going to Pitt to start her Masters program. She might not be back because she's trying to get an internship in Boston next summer and should have a job lined up after she gets her Masters in May 2026.

​​​​
                          Last edited by froot loops; August 19, 2024, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Pitt is a funky city. We were across the river in March at an AirBNB when we went for the tournament. The streets and houses carved into those hills were pretty wild, stuff certainly grandfathered in because there's no way a lot of that stuff passes modern building standards.

Comment

• It's unlike any city I've been to. She lives on a hill that is steep, from the bottom of that hill to the Penn avenue is two blocks and the elevation goes up 120 feet.

The freeways are absolutely crazy. I've been there enough times to kind of know my way around. But I don't think I will ever get over how many times you might find yourself going over the bridges back and forth

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Not yet, this was just new school year moves, but the older daughter is going to Pitt to start her Masters program. She might not be back because she's trying to get an internship in Boston next summer and should have a job lined up after she gets her Masters in May 2026.

​​​​
                                Yeah, maybe not exactly empty nesters but when you send them off to school they are pretty much gone. You might get a few weeks in the summer, but they really don't live here anymore.

When Caroline went off to NYU, I told Mary that she was never coming back. She came back for parts of summers, but she really wasn't "back". She was visiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X