Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    10 years ago, I would have been done with this little deck in about an hour with this tool.
    Excellent example of USA & UK differences ----->> that is NOT a little deck over here! ......, that is an entire weekends work including the use of the Deck Demon! I am intrigued as to the size of the Alabama deck Was it like Southfork Ranch in that flippin awesome 70's soap? (Must go look out the faded "I shot JR" t-shirt.)

And I hope young Jack puts the majority of the new deck planks down for you........ get well soon, boyo!

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Young Jack has pretty much recovered and rather than me getting a couple of days work out of him, he decided that he had to go back to Auburn today so he could move his stuff out of his apartment. In these college towns the rental companies charge you for a year, but you have to be out two weeks early so they can get them ready for the next tenants. It sucks but, that is the way it works.

One of my biggest problems with jobs like this is that I don't own a truck so I have to move everything with my Highlander. It has served me well. but it sure would be nice to be able to toss all of this scrap wood in a truck and haul it off to the dump. Now I have to cut it into piece small enough to put into the back of an SUV to haul it off. That will add at least one more day to the job. Of course getting lumber home from the store is an issue as well. It limits the length of the boards that I can haul.

This was the deck I built in Alabama. It was about 40' long and 14' wide.

I took up the boards and replaced them before we moved. It was a hell of a job.

12901196_10207592276997062_141799252172689158_o.jpg 423377_10200275428440421_994476090_n.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wow. That is a superb deck. Replacing the boards may have been hard-going but for the satisfaction at the end must've been worth it. Especially after all the weather sealing / deck oil work was complete. Really nice job.

Going to get Sacha to send a photo of her deck to the forum. That doesn't sound right eh? The deck her brother done. Was quite a big project but smaller than your "little deck" He concreted in big 6x6 posts, etc etc, .... cut some down, left the back ones up for the trellis work etc........, basically a shit load more work went into decking than I ever thought.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I've got an upcoming move for my two daughters, same fucking weekend but one in Mt. Pleasant and one in Pittsburgh. It will be cool to get some of this furniture out of my garage

Comment

• Sachas “zen” “yoga” garden area. There is a cold water barrel area there as well for the cold water dipping.
            Attached Files

Comment

• That barrel area is pretty cool. All the things have those wee solar panels on them......, those sunflowers and the buddhas all light up at night. She loves her garden.

Comment

• That is great. Looks like a great place to sit and relax
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  That barrel area is pretty cool. All the things have those wee solar panels on them......, those sunflowers and the buddhas all light up at night. She loves her garden.
                  What is up with the barrel? Is that just to dip water out to cool off with?

If I had a barrel like that here in the swamp that I live in, it would be 98 degrees and green in about a day

Comment

• It’s cold water immersion therapy. When she can’t get out with the cold water dippers club, (they go all over Scotland) —->> She dips in her barrel. I got her it for her birthday a few years back. Not many guys buy their wife a 500 litre whiskey barrel for their birthday.
                    Apparently it’s the best thing i’ve ever bought her.
                    “What about the engagement ring, Sash?”
                    ”Nope. The barrel.”

Photo is her in December last year before the barrel area was properly “fixed up”. And just prior to getting into the thing, thats me trying to break the ice to release the duck thermometer toy. Absolute pussy with the gloves on!

And then, answering your other question, the blue chlorine tablet container keeps it clean all year round.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• That is pretty cool (see what I did there?)

What do you do with it in the summertime?

Comment

• Just the same all year round really. The water gets changed. When i say Changed, i mean its emptied as its filling. It can’t get ever be left empty apparently 🤷‍♂️……. Something to do with the aged oak wood? You’ll probably know more about that than me with the brewing and stuff.
                        To be honest, i know feck all about how to maintain it. It all arrived with a “tips sheet”. I know she follows that religiously.
                        And there is a certain brand of tablet that goes into the blue dispenser thing.

If its a blistering hot summer here ( , yeah right! Few and far between!) ——>> she’ll buy a couple of those big bags of ice from the supermarket. Throw them in and leave it an hour or so, then get in there. Gets the temps down to 5-6°C.

I tried it when the duck showed 14°C. Got down into the water to just above the thighs, just before the water was about to touch the bawbag ——>>> then pussied out. No chance. Not for me.

Comment

• I have an 18 foot pool that never gets above 75 degrees and I can barely get in it. Too cold!

Comment

• I got about half of the deck boards Sunday and have been working on getting them done over the last few days. It is hot as dog-fuck here, 90+ every day and the damn deck seems to be in the sun all day, so work is going slower than my already slow pace.

The outer framing of the deck was still solid and the posts, although kind of rough looking, will probably last longer than I will, but I had some repair work to do on the joists. I decided to just put a new 2X6 boards alongside the existing joists to shore them up. Doing that took the better part of Monday.

I also loaded some of the deck boards into the the trash bin with hope that the guy driving the truck on Tuesday morning would say "fuck it" and take it, even though they say they don't take construction debris. No such luck. So I loaded it all into the back of my SUV and hauled it off. The worst part of that job was tossing the boards into the 6' tall dumpster.

The good news is that Young Jack has returned from Auburn and I will have some help finishing the job.

thumbnail_IMG_5510.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5512.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5511.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Good morning all you fucking fucks.

I have to run to Home Depot this morning and get the rest of the deck boards. This part of the job should go pretty quickly, but you never know.

Young Jack will not be much help this morning as he crawled into a bottle of bourbon last night and I imagine he may be just a bit hung over.

Oh well. I have plenty of stuff for him to do later. Ha!

Comment

• Turn on the stereo really really loud.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X