• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Damn
    That's pretty close to here.l
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• The path went through our neighborhood! Grateful it was a mild tornado, no major damage here. That poor family's loss is just heartbreaking.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        The path went through our neighborhood! Grateful it was a mild tornado, no major damage here. That poor family's loss is just heartbreaking.
        Glad you are OK Deb.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Glad you all are safe.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That thing blew up Rotary Park. I have friends that live a couple streets over and there was no sign of anything, just a lot of rain.

Comment

• Yep, it was so strange!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good morning, you fucking fucks.

Jack got an Congressional internship in DC this summer working for Alabama Congresswoman Terri Sewel. (the boy thinks he's gonna change the world)
                Mrs cgvt went to visit him for a week so I decided to try to tackle the "quick" project of remodeling our laundry room.

Jack with Jasmine Crockett
                thumbnail_IMG_1524.jpg

I am going to remove the popcorn ceiling, replace the light, take out the old shelves over the washer and dryer and install cabinets in their place and of course, paint it all.

I got the popcorn off and changed out the light yesterday, took down the shelves this morning and now need to get out the mud and patch all of the holes and gouges.

Mrs cgvt comes home Saturday. It doesn't look as if I'll be finished by then and I got all of the shit we had stashed in that room scattered all over the house. Who knew you could pack so much bullshit into such a small space?

Anyway, some pics

thumbnail_IMG_5381.jpg
                thumbnail_IMG_5382.jpg
                thumbnail_IMG_5388.jpg
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• She's ridiculously hot and a good rep.

The project looks like no fun to me.

Comment

• Jack looking very cool indeed with the girl there. Hope he enjoys the summer in DC. 👌

And nice wee unvented hot water cylinder in the corner there.

What is this the arrows are pointing at. (Being thick, sorry)
                    I’m guessing it’s an electrical fuseboard but looks nothing like anything over here.

Attached Files
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That is, indeed, a fuse box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post
                        That is, indeed, a fuse box.
                        It's a breaker box. Fuses went out a long time ago.

Breakers "Trip" if the Amp draw goes to high and opens the circuit Marko.
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• THAT'S what I meant.

Comment

• I have a fuse box, I had an electrician tell me to not replace it because breakers can get bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I have a fuse box, I had an electrician tell me to not replace it because breakers can get bad.
                              Interesting. NEVER, EVER had a breaker go bad and I don't have to replace it when it trips. Obviously a fuse needs to be replaced.
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Progress report:

I removed the shelves and got all of the patching and mudding done at about 10:00 last night. I sanded/sponged everything to an acceptable smoothness (it is a laundry room, afterall. 😏) this morning. Now I need to clean everything up and paint.

I don't have the cabinets yet, so I won't have that done before Mary gets home tomorrow afternoon, but there is a decent chance that I will have everything painted and put back together before then. It would be nice to get some of the shit I have scattered all over the house put away.

25 years or so ago, my mother-in-law had garage door openers installed. Whoever did the work didn't run a power source to them. They just tied into the garage lights. This meant if you turned off the lights in the garage, you cut the power to the openers.

Fucking brilliant.

Her solution was to take out the bulbs in the garage and leave the switch on. She put a piece of electrical tape over the switch so nobody would turn it off. It has been there ever since. I put switched light sockets with a pull chain in so that you could turn the lights on and off. Of course you had to go into the garage to turn the lights on, but it was better than no light.

My plan was to get up in the attic and run new wire to the openers so that I could use the switch for the lights, that is why I put the ladder to the attic in the garage. Since my stroke, I don't get around as well as I used to and I am too cheap to pay an electrician to do the job, so I decided the least I could do was remove the switch and just hard wire the openers/lights. I did that yesterday.

Some pics.

Yes, that is a early 80s Kenmore washing machine. My wife likes to point out that the washer and dryer were her first "adult" purchases for her apartment here on the island when she was fresh out of college. We replaced the dryer last year, but the washer is still going strong.

thumbnail_IMG_5394.jpg
                                thumbnail_IMG_5393.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5392.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5395.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X