• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the late, great Glenn Hage would say, "Your best tool is your wallet."

Comment

• Damn, Ed.

​​​​​​
      I didn't know what the fk had happened. Drill stopped, hair was being pulled --->> Brain didnt tell finger to release trigger.
      Exactly. It took a couple of seconds for it to register what the fuck was happening.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        Only "liking" the above 2 posts because you guys shared......, but Jeezo! Limbs could easily have been lost in both instances, fingers at least.

Wee funny story short here....., YEARS ago, 94/95....., I had long hair down my back. Was drilling a 15mm bore hole through a 27inch thick Edinburgh tenement wall for a boiler pressure relief pipe. The wall was whinstone ---->> Feckin solid. Was taking ages and I was getting irritated. Really gripped the drill tight put my head against it, and my hair wound into the chuck I didn't know what the fk had happened. Drill stopped, hair was being pulled --->> Brain didnt tell finger to release trigger.

A guy saw it happen and he nearly died laughing.
        He was like, "Is there a reverse button on that thing hahahahahaha!"
        I was like, "STFU and help me!"
        That made him laugh harder..... "Hahahahahahahaha! AWWW Man!"

Thankfully it was before smartphone days....., that guy would've had me all over social media.
        LMAO.

"Unplug your power tools before you work on them"
        ----------------------------------Safety 101. Come on CGVT. You were in the service for God sake.

"
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Like the late, great Glenn Hage would say, "Your best tool is your wallet."
          Had to google this guy.

Why the hell did Tim “the toolman” Taylor not have this guy on Tool Time with him & Al ?

Tim Allen must’ve favoured Bob Vela due to the Hot Rod connection.

And 100% agreed on the wallet quote. Cant speak for everyone, but heating & plumbing & some joinery aside, I do prefer to pay for the pros when its required.
          Even boiler flues that go vertical through a roof —->> roofing contractor hired for roof part of the work.
          “Hi Marl. The boiler you installed works fine.”
          ”Ok. Is that it?”
          ”No. There is water pishing into my attic space through the flue hole.”
          🤦‍♂️
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

LMAO.

"Unplug your power tools before you work on them"
            ----------------------------------Safety 101. Come on CGVT. You were in the service for God sake.

"
            Haha! No shit, DanO, but sometimes you do stupid shit.

I used to travel around to different units in the Coast Guard and conduct risk management training. One of the things that we always stressed was that bad shit happened more often when you were tired. Of course, experience tells us the same thing.

It is always the last thing that you are going to do that gets you. The "just one more try, It'll work this time".

I'd been working on this thing for a couple of hours and was tired, but had to give it one more shot to clear the drain.

I made a rookie mistake. Ha!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "Haha! No shit, DanO, but sometimes you do stupid shit."-------------------I know that's a general statement and not directed solely at me but YES, yes I do.
              Last edited by DanO; May 20, 2024, 10:51 AM.
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Damn, Ed.

​​​​​​

Exactly. It took a couple of seconds for it to register what the fuck was happening.
                It took about a 1/50 of a second to realize that a vice was sitting on my hand!
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Mrs cgvt was complaining that the garage door opener was squeaking. I oiled the chain and now it doesn't make any noise.

She won't notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Mrs cgvt was complaining that the garage door opener was squeaking. I oiled the chain and now it doesn't make any noise.

She won't notice.
                    When mine gets to squeaking I have to oil the rollers.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Sorry, not a building story, or pictures of projects…… and the fucking fucks are not even you lot……. Its fuck these fuckin fucks ——>> the Taylor Swift fans! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
                      Edinburgh is FKN FKD! Traffic at a stand still around the Murrayfield Stadium area and will be all weekend. She’s doing 3 nights. 🤦‍♂️

Didn’t realise what the jam was about. Traffic was tailed, i had window down, i was like, “COME ON, LETS FUCKIN GO!!!!!” ….. dude and his girlfriend shouted from across the street, “Heeeeey YEAH!!! Lets FKN GO!!!”
                      I was like, (to myself) “Eh? Whats he talking about?”
                      THEN it came on Radio Two news about Taylor Swift mania across Edinburgh.

I blamed her for being late to my job.
                      “Hi Marko, you did say midday, hmmmmm? I mean i do have to fucking go, deary.”
                      ”Oh aye, we ALL need to fkn go this weekend, Mary FFS!”
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards

Comment

• Check out that guy behind her. I bet that cunt is always on his feckin phone. 🤦‍♂️

Comment

• Bad news on Wednesday. I was driving west on 5 mile three miles from where the tornado ended at that time. I can't say that I saw a funnel cloud but I've only seen a cloud the dark and massive one other time and it was when that huge tornado ripped through Chelsea about 10-12 years ago.

Lightning struck the corner gas station 20 minutes later and collapsed the canopy. My son had just driven by and was going to get gas there about a half hour earlier but there we too many people there. IMG_20240605_192354.jpg
                            The tornado was on the ground for approximately nine minutes and traveled about 5.5 miles, according to the National Weather Service. At its peak, winds reached 95 mph.

Comment

• Holy shit.

Thank god for those queues and your son got the hell away. Thats horrific. And RIP the poor wee 3 year old lad. 🤦‍♂️

Now ye see ……. Thats why you should all hate the “founding fathers”……. Those twats took you all over there to that shit.
                              Fk all weather happens here. If ONE tree falls in a wind, its Scottish News Headlines (main story)

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Bad news on Wednesday. I was driving west on 5 mile three miles from where the tornado ended at that time. I can't say that I saw a funnel cloud but I've only seen a cloud the dark and massive one other time and it was when that huge tornado ripped through Chelsea about 10-12 years ago.

Lightning struck the corner gas station 20 minutes later and collapsed the canopy. My son had just driven by and was going to get gas there about a half hour earlier but there we too many people there. IMG_20240605_192354.jpg
                                Damn

Comment

Working...
                                X