No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my Brother-in-laws is going through a similar experience. He's a very proud hard-working person. He was screwed out of his pension by a corrupt businesss (I don't know all the details). So, he needed to keep working now into his 60s. He was in a bad motorcycle accident over a year ago with a ton of broken bones and only recently recovered.

He recently got sick and when he was getting ready to go to work, he blacked out, fell and cracked his head/spine on the bathtub and broke several vertabrae and was paralyzed. In surgery, they took out his broken vertebrae (through the front of his neck, yikes) and replaced them with plastic vertebrae. He's now going through rehab, which will take a very long time, but he's getting feeling back everywhere, so his long-term prognosis is good. He's a remarkably resilient person, but he deserves a whole lot better.

Comment

• Good for him. Being resilient will aid him a lot.
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• whoa dude!! I'm so glad you are ok.
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
          One of my Brother-in-laws is going through a similar experience. He's a very proud hard-working person. He was screwed out of his pension by a corrupt businesss (I don't know all the details). So, he needed to keep working now into his 60s. He was in a bad motorcycle accident over a year ago with a ton of broken bones and only recently recovered.

He recently got sick and when he was getting ready to go to work, he blacked out, fell and cracked his head/spine on the bathtub and broke several vertabrae and was paralyzed. In surgery, they took out his broken vertebrae (through the front of his neck, yikes) and replaced them with plastic vertebrae. He's now going through rehab, which will take a very long time, but he's getting feeling back everywhere, so his long-term prognosis is good. He's a remarkably resilient person, but he deserves a whole lot better.
          My goodness, your bro-in-law deserves better luck than all this, El Axe. Great that his long term prognosis is good.

Long story short re that op you speak of. ---->> I fell off a ladder back in the late noughties, hit underside of chin on way down which threw my head back, damaging C5, C6, C7 vertebrae. Went to doc years later as was getting numb arms at night while lying down --->> trapped nerves in vertebrae.
          Docs words: "It could be fixed, but the op requires going in through your neck."
          My words: "Stuff that. I'll live with it."

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about your injury.

I'm betting that 30 years later that the vertebrae through the neck surgery and replacement vertebrae are much more advanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
              I'm sorry to hear about your injury.

I'm betting that 30 years later that the vertebrae through the neck surgery and replacement vertebrae are much more advanced.
              Cheers for that, but was my own fault really. The guy who was supposed to β€œfoot the ladder” was taking AGES to arrive so i thought, fk this, not waiting any longer…… went up, bottom skid away and BOOSH!

And you are no doubt correct re that op. It’ll be well advanced and no doubt β€œroutine”

i just remember saying to my wife Sacha….. β€œWhat if they damage my voice box and i cant talk anymore?”

Sacha: β€œAnd where would the problem be there?”

cheeky bstd
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• CG sorry to hear about your health issues but super glad you're okay!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My wife has been wanting to try riding her bike but I have been leery in case she loses her balance and falls. Really don't want to set her back to square one but the neurologist said as long as she wears a helmet she should be good. Finally I said okay but limited her to our street and she did okay with it. Next day we rode together around the neighborhood and again no issues. She went solo around the neighborhood when I was at work and did fine. Today we took a ride to her sister's house and it was a chore fighting the wind on the way out but we made it. The return trip was much better with the wind at our backs. 11 mile round trip and she did great. Asked her after we got home how she felt and she said weary but okay. Cool beans!

Screenshot_20240419_221338_Facebook.jpg
                  Last edited by edindetroit; April 19, 2024, 09:26 PM.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Man, that is great, Ed. Great! That post made my day.

I was going to post an update on my projects, but need to let this post simmer for a while
                    Last edited by CGVT; April 19, 2024, 10:01 PM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Great stuff. Here is a nice little song by Spocks Beard for you and your Mrs.
                      β€œWind at my back.”
                      Played this at my wedding.

Hope your Mrs goes from strength to strength. πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Comment

• And tonight she drove her car. 3 1/2 laps around the empty parking lot of Garden City High School, but she did it.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Ok, you fucking fucks. I guess it is time for an update, although dpatnod's passing and the possible end of the forum have dampened my eagerness to post in this thread. *sigh*

I put the kitchen project in the rental house on hold for a couple of weeks. I went to my nephew's wedding in Texas and then to Chattanooga to see my Son, his wife and their baby. When I got back I figured it was time to get after it and finish it up. We have a new renter moving in on the 15th.

I finished putting up the light over the kitchen and was going to tile the backsplash, but the light gave me some inspiration to go to a bit more of a rustic/beach house look so I decided to put up beadboard.

First I took down the landlord special track light over the sink

thumbnail_IMG_5225.jpg

It had a wire run behind the cabinet that was plugged into an electrical outlet. I decided I would change the outlet to a switch and run wire through the wall to the light. I ran into some problems fishing the wire and had to cut out some drywall

thumbnail_IMG_5228 (2).jpg

The new light gave the the thought to do beadboard instead of tile

thumbnail_IMG_5236 (1).jpg

It wasn't too tough of a job to do the bead board. Overall the cuts were pretty simple but I was surprised that I got all of the holes for the outlets cut without fucking up and wasting board. It only took me a few hours to cut it, nail it and place and trim it out.

thumbnail_IMG_5281.jpg

I used Benjamin Moore Advance Cabinet Paint on the backsplash. I love that shit. It is a water based hybrid alkyde so it's easy to clean up but it goes on like a high quality oil paint. It is self leveling so you can brush it and still come out with a super smooth finish. The only drawback is that it takes 18 hours to dry for a second coat, (about the same as oil paint)

thumbnail_IMG_5310.jpg

Last edited by CGVT; May 10, 2024, 08:45 PM.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A couple more pictures.

I had to put spacers behind all of the outlets to bring them up to the level of the bead board and then I replaced all of the outlet covers as well.

thumbnail_IMG_5308.jpg
                            thumbnail_IMG_5309.jpg

Comment

• After reading what you said about painting the backsplash, as a novice DIYer, I'm asking for advice: We are going to repaint & recarpet a room. It currently has an odd green countertop & backsplash. I think it's linoleum? Can we repaint it?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by El Axe; May 10, 2024, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Great job repairing the drywall after wire re-routing. πŸ‘Œ
                                Never heard the term Beadboard, but definitely seen it before over here. Must be called something else. Is it a standard thickness? Maybe 8 or 10mm?

And that opening through from the kitchen into the room with the ceiling fan,β€”β€”>> I assume you removed the wooden sill (i think its called a sill πŸ€”) , and are you still to refit it?

CGVT says: β€œGives a fkn chance! Paint takes 18 hours to fkn dry ya bawsac!”

Comment

Working...
                                X