Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Man, that is a big job. I bet it's not cheap. Ha! Eventually we will replace the windows in this house. There aren't 40 but I am not looking forward to the price tag to have it done.

Before we sold our house in Alabama, we replaced all of the top panes because the thermal seals leaked and they were cloudy. We had about 40 windows. It wasn't cheap to do it that way, but it saved us thousands of dollars over the cost of total window replacement.
    Yeah it’s expensive. Just an example, we are having French patio doors going in and it’s over $10k just for that. That and a bay window are the priciest tags.
    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post

Yeah it’s expensive. Just an example, we are having French patio doors going in and it’s over $10k just for that. That and a bay window are the priciest tags.
      Damn. We had a couple of odd shaped windows that had to be built. Those cost as much as the rest of the house. Ha!

The 10 very standard sized windows we did on our rental house a couple of years ago cost about 12K total
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• WTF? 40 windows? is this your crib?

Home Luxury GIF by The Pozek Group

Apathetic No More.

Comment

Before we sold our house in Alabama, we replaced all of the top panes because the thermal seals leaked and they were cloudy. We had about 40 windows. It wasn't cheap to do it that way, but it saved us thousands of dollars over the cost of total window replacement.
          Who did you get to do that? We need a few of our panes replaced and the company we got them from didn’t answer my emails.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Man, that is a big job. I bet it's not cheap. Ha! Eventually we will replace the windows in this house. There aren't 40 but I am not looking forward to the price tag to have it done.

You moved out of Lower Alabama? Where are you now?
            Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Upper Alabama
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                WTF? 40 windows? is this your crib?

Home Luxury GIF by The Pozek Group
                No, lol. Our house is your standard 70s split level with an addition. But what the original owners did was have three windows next to each other in the master bedroom and three in the master bath. In our family room there are six average size windows in a row. This all adds up to $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post

You moved out of Lower Alabama? Where are you now?

Coastal Georgia. St Simons Island. I met my wife when I was stationed here back in the mid '80s. When we got our youngest off to college we sold our house in Alabama and moved back.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

No, lol. Our house is your standard 70s split level with an addition. But what the original owners did was have three windows next to each other in the master bedroom and three in the master bath. In our family room there are six average size windows in a row. This all adds up to $$$.
                    OIC.
                    Apathetic No More.

Comment

• I have some family that lives in the Mobile area. I visited Alabama way back in the early 90s and I felt like a damn Yankee there. Very out of place for me.

Comment

I have some family that lives in the Mobile area. I visited Alabama way back in the early 90s and I felt like a damn Yankee there. Very out of place for me.
                        You get used to it if you stay a while, although I never really felt that I belonged there.

It wasn't a bad place to live, but every now and then something would happen or I'd see something bazaar on the news and I'd think, "What the fuck am I doing in Alabama" Ha!

Comment

• My house is nearing a 100 years and has the original windows, all 25 of them. That is a project for the next homeowner.

Comment

• Our house has 81 windows (yes way) and if we replaced them all it was going to be the cost of a starter home. A few years ago we replaced the windows in all 4 bedrooms, the living room and dining room (all of the windows were painted shut, so on top of everything else it was a huge safety issue) - it was pricey, but worth every penny. We used a small local company and they were great, they worked with us to minimize costs where possible, without sacrificing quality. There are quite a few more that could stand to be replaced, but we're hoping to leave those for the next homeowner as well. 🤞
                            Last edited by kayrone; January 26, 2024, 08:03 AM.
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                              Our house has 81 windows (yes way)
                              Did you buy the Clampett's house in Beverly Hills?

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Did you buy the Clampett's house in Beverly Hills?
                                haha no, it is a big house but it was a shit hole when we bought it, and all of the natural lighting was one of the only selling points (for me, anyway). Then I found out how much windows cost and buyers remorse set in quickly. Both the living room and kitchen each have a wall that is mostly floor to ceiling windows, which is great until you think about replacing them. (also, casement windows count as 2 windows, so that inflates the numbers significantly lol)
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X