No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She certainly needs to wax. Last time she shaved…….. well……. Wasn’t great. Grew in a lot faster.
    Attached Files
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
      I didn't know one year could throw another.

Screenshot_20231210-142116_Chrome.jpg
      Fuck the birds. What happened to the second grade spelling teachers?
      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Ivermectin don't know.

Comment

• The satellite on the van is a nice touch.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• I try to watch my language but this is very fitting for this board.

Screenshot_20231226-122152_Facebook.jpg
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Hey you fucking fucks.

There are a few projects that are beyond my ability or desire to do myself, so we are hiring them out. The first is putting in a gravel driveway. Our driveway is only about 30'x30' and was just grass. When nobody lived here the grass grew and was good enough, but with steady use, it has turned into a muddy mess.

I just want to put down a base and a bed of gravel, but the county is making me replace the culvert, so I had to pull a permit. I finally got that taken care of and the guys I hired started today

This one of those jobs that I would have done myself 20 years ago, but the driveway is overrun with roots and I'm too fucking old to be out there swinging an axe and working at the end of an idiot stick to dig it out so I decided to pay to get it done.

The original quote was $1800, but adding the culvert added and additional $1300 to the job (plus 100 bucks for the fucking permit). All in all it is pretty reasonable. And, the old galvanized culvert was shot, so I guess it needed to be done.

It will be nice to be able to come into the house through the garage without dragging mud and dirt inside.

thumbnail_IMG_5009.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5008.jpg
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I always kind of liked gravel driveways. There’s a couple in some neighborhoods near mine. I will always remember my grandma’s driveway; for some reason we would find what we assumed were Indian beads in the gravel occasionally. Turns out they were fossils. I still have one all these years later.
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I do like the anger added to the “100 bucks for the fucking permit” part. Onboard with that. Paying ridiculous money for a 2 minute admin piece of paper job. Irritating as fuck. Daughter changed her car number plate (gift from Husband) ——>> 60quid to change on insurance document?! 🤷‍♂️ EH? WHY? Robbin’ bstds.

Looking forward to seeing driveway completion pics. 👌

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• You guys don't even know what bureaucracy is. Try living in Canada.
                    Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Workers always love old dudes hovering around taking pictures and chatting them up when they are trying to do their work. Or even better, offering advice or telling that's not how you would have done it.

Comment

• I do watch certain guys do work at the house more out of curiosity than anything else. We had an issue with our oil burner on New Years Eve and had a guy come out. He had to open it up and I was genuinely interested in learning more about them and he seemed talkative. I try to gauge how personable they are before I ask any questions. I have learned quite a bit watching pros.
                        Last edited by Sanders Fan; January 11, 2024, 03:34 PM.
                        3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                        10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          Workers always love old dudes hovering around taking pictures and chatting them up when they are trying to do their work. Or even better, offering advice or telling that's not how you would have done it.
                          Ha! I hear that. I told them that I was going to take a couple of pictures to show the family and got out of their hair.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dr. Rick from Progressive would frown on that

Comment

• You know you're old when you realize you've turned into your Dad... 10 years ago.
                              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                Workers always love old dudes hovering around taking pictures and chatting them up when they are trying to do their work. Or even better, offering advice or telling that's not how you would have done it.
                                Long true story short from many years ago…….. was in a house in South Queensferry to replace a toilet syphon. The woman showed me into the bathroom area. She then lifted the bath mat and draped it over the edge of the bath and patted it. She then shouted, “IAN? THats the guy here.”

Old Ian trudges into the room. Sat his arse down on the mat, got himself comfy, and watched. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Comment

Working...
                                X