Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    I got rid of a 35+ year old dryer about a year and a half ago. Over the years I had done some repairs to it, but it was still running and working as advertised. It was rumbling a bit and I didn't feel like fixing it and figured it was time for a new one.

The heat quit working in the new dryer yesterday.

It was an easy job. I took off the back and checked everything for continuity and found that the culprit was a bad thermostat. It took me longer to drive to the appliance store to get the part than do the actual repair, but it still pisses me off that the damn thing needed work so soon.

thumbnail_IMG_4925.jpg
    How much did the thermostat cost. Parts are outrageously priced. They have you over a barrel. Either pay the exorbitant price or buy a new one.
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      "DanO, I thought a plasterer was universal. Googled it ....., "What is a plasterer called in the USA"."
      -------------------------------------Oh drywall. Gotcha. Never heard that term used before. Must be a European thing.
      Not sure thats entirely correct, DanO. Over here, “drywall” is called “plasterboard”. Installed by joiners.
      A plasterer mixes up a plaster / cement bond mixture and slaps it on the fwalls using something called a plasterers float and hawk. Watching a decent plasterer at work can actually be quite therapeutic.
      Making a rough wall look smooth as glass.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• When you put up drywall you have to "Plaster" where the drywall boards meet to make a smooth transition. That's what I'm talking about.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Send that undernourished Jambo to my house so he can fix my plaster ceiling that is falling down. I've watched the YouTube video a few times and they make it look easier than I know it would be

Comment

When you put up drywall you have to "Plaster" where the drywall boards meet to make a smooth transition. That's what I'm talking about.
            Ah right. That guy isn't a plasterer over here......, he's an Ames Taper ---->> the guy who does the joins in drywall / plasterboard. I'm not being a dick here, DanO, , just don't want you coming to Scotland and calling out the wrong guy! .
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• If you take a drink every time you guys say plasterer you'll be plastered in no time flat.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

How much did the thermostat cost. Parts are outrageously priced. They have you over a barrel. Either pay the exorbitant price or buy a new one.
                It was twenty bucks. Probably could have got it on line for less
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Marko's description of the plasterer made me think of one of my favorite quotes from Noel on Liam,

" “There’s not a day go by where I don’t wish I could rock a parka like that man.”

Comment

• Speaking of plaster (and yes, I knew what Marko was talking about when he said plasterer) and falling down ceilings.

I *think* I am going to hang new 1/4" drywall on the rest of my ceilings to cover up the popcorn rather than try to remove it.

It will still be a big, dusty job, but it won't be as bad as removing that fucking popcorn

Mrs CGVT is going to NYC for a week to visit our daughter in early December, so I may try to get the kitchen ceiling done when she is gone.

I want to replace the lights. There is a titty light and a 4' fluorescent light now. I'll replace them with some slim recessed pot lighting.

We are going to redo the entire kitchen. We'll pay a cabinet maker to put in some custom cabinets and new counter tops and I have some pennies socked away to buy all new appliances.

I need to take up the tile in the kitchen before we get the cabinets installed. That will be a pretty shitty job as well. Eventually we want to replace all of the flooring in the house.

I'll take some before pictures and progress pictures as well.

I know you all will be waiting with bated breath.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Spray the popcorn with water, let it soak in for a bit then scrape it off with a putty knife.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Good thing you're retired, CG...you are too busy to work!!

Both options for the ceiling seem like a pain in the butt, I don't envy you. The rest of the project sounds fun and will make a huge difference!
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Every time he posts his next project, it makes me want to take a nap.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Every time he posts his next project, it makes me want to take a nap.
                            Same thing with watching the Northern Seclusion guy on YouTube. He's always doing something or his videos make it look like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                              Spray the popcorn with water, let it soak in for a bit then scrape it off with a putty knife.
                              Yep, it's that easy.

The popcorn in this house does not come off like that. Believe me, I tried. Not sure why, maybe it was painted over at one time or another or the finish was different than the stuff you see peeling off in sheets on Youtube. Either way, this is sealed so the water doesn't soak into it. It took a stiff putty knife and a ton of elbow grease to do the living room, and I'm not doing that much work again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yep, it's that easy.
                                Worked for a friend of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X