No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m from Indiana originally. I lived in South Bend before I moved twenty plus years ago.
    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I know all you fucking fucks will be thrilled to know that we have a new tenant moving in on the 10. I was at the house, put up a For Rent sign and started to pressure wash the outside. After about 15 minutes a guy came up and wanted to see the house. He said he wanted to rent it, we did the background check and he moves in on the tenth.

I still have to finish cleaning inside and touch up some paint, but we're good to go. Maybe we can get my wife retired some day. ;)

BTW, this is kind of shit you deal with when you rent out a house

As the old tenant was checking out, I asked if there was anything that needed to be fixed. The wife said that the dryer was not drying very well.

I checked the lint filter and this is what I found... It is a wonder they didn't burn the damn house down.

342945332_625555722449316_1863566391253886723_n.jpg
      Last edited by CGVT; May 5, 2023, 11:01 AM.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Continually amazed at the stupidity of humans.

Comment

• Rule # 1 Pay Insurance Premiums
          Rule # 2 Know a good lawyer when doing business
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Reminds me of people who own a car for years and never realized they have to change the oil.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• My first car and budget required weekly "fill er up (oil) and check the gas while yer at it."
              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                I know all you fucking fucks will be thrilled to know that we have a new tenant moving in on the 10. I was at the house, put up a For Rent sign and started to pressure wash the outside. After about 15 minutes a guy came up and wanted to see the house. He said he wanted to rent it, we did the background check and he moves in on the tenth.

I still have to finish cleaning inside and touch up some paint, but we're good to go. Maybe we can get my wife retired some day. ;)

BTW, this is kind of shit you deal with when you rent out a house

As the old tenant was checking out, I asked if there was anything that needed to be fixed. The wife said that the dryer was not drying very well.

I checked the lint filter and this is what I found... It is a wonder they didn't burn the damn house down.

342945332_625555722449316_1863566391253886723_n.jpg
                Wow, how cool that you found a tenant that quickly!! What are the odds of that?!

Glad you found the lint buildup before a fire happened.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Wow, how cool that you found a tenant that quickly!! What are the odds of that?!

Glad you found the lint buildup before a fire happened.
                  The rental market is insane here. The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center is in Brunswick. They pay students $4200 per diem per month, so most of what is available is furnished and rented short term for 4200. Snowbirds rent them for the winter, and they fill with longer term FLETC students and instructors as well as vacationers. There is very little long term available and none as close to the beach as our house and on this island, $3100 to live "on" the beach is a pretty good deal. The same house in Brunswick would rent for well under $1500
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Never underestimate the stupidity of humans. I’m a teacher. Let’s just say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Comment

• Late to this......., that tumble dryer lint trap needs to get into a Guinness Book of Records. Jaysus H, ......., were they mingin' bstds? You must be well glad they've fkd off. Wow.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Ok, you fucking fucks! Time for an update.

It is July and it is Africa fucking Hot here in South GA. That means that it is time to move inside to do any work.

Jack is home from school so, I put his young ass to work removing the popcorn ceiling in the den (that is what my wife calls it, I call it the living room, but, I digress) He did the hard work of removing it and I followed up by sanding, re-taping where needed and mudding.

I wanted to leave it and paint it to freshen it up, but my wife wants it removed.

It came off a lot easier in the Youtube videos. Ha! I should have stood firm.

Good Lord, what a shitty job.

The ceiling is 15' high at the vault and the room is 24'X15'. That is a lot of scraping an a huge fucking mess.

I just need to smooth out the mud and mask everything and we should be ready to spray the ceiling today.

I am going to paint the ceiling white, the walls a white with a very subtle frost blue tint, repaint the trim, replace all of the electrical outlets, switches and cover plates, and replace that old light with a ceiling fan, Eventually we are going to replace all of the flooring, but for now, before I put all the furniture back, I am going to rent a cleaner and get that nasty old carpet as clean as possible, but I think that may be a waste of time as that carpet is shot. I wanted to pull the carpet up and get rid of it while I had the furniture out, but my wife fears that we would be living with a cement slab floor for longer than she would like. She is probably right. Ha!

I have to have it all done by Saturday so that I can return the 12' ladder that I rented for the week. My wife will be home on Saturday or Sunday, so I want to have it all back together by the time she gets home.

thumbnail_IMG_4718.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4728.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4721.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4733.jpg
                        Last edited by CGVT; July 5, 2023, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• CGVT: Any plans, Jack?
                          Jack: Yep, meeting up with buddies later.
                          CGVT: Change those plans. Here, take this scraper. Get that fucking ceiling done!

That looks like a proper pain the arse job with an awkward slope on the ceiling. Back breaking. Thank god my dad was a decorator when he was working. Never had to do any of that stuff throughout my life. Attempted a Disney Aladdin border for my daughters room way back in 93......., ended up looking like the Himalayas in the natural light.
                          My dad: "Who the fk did this?"
                          I blamed my brother in law.

That wall on the right in the photo containing Jack. What is with the black scorch mark on the wall??? Do not light that appliance ever again until its serviced and flue it checked.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Dang that looks like a giant pain in the butt! My house in Ludington had a popcorn ceiling -- glad to never have to face that again!

Your son is a real trooper to help you with this!

I agree with Marko, that scorch mark is concerning.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              CGVT: Any plans, Jack?
                              Jack: Yep, meeting up with buddies later.
                              CGVT: Change those plans. Here, take this scraper. Get that fucking ceiling done!

That looks like a proper pain the arse job with an awkward slope on the ceiling. Back breaking. Thank god my dad was a decorator when he was working. Never had to do any of that stuff throughout my life. Attempted a Disney Aladdin border for my daughters room way back in 93......., ended up looking like the Himalayas in the natural light.
                              My dad: "Who the fk did this?"
                              I blamed my brother in law.

That wall on the right in the photo containing Jack. What is with the black scorch mark on the wall??? Do not light that appliance ever again until its serviced and flue it checked.
                              Ha! He has been able to get out and do some stuff when he wants to. He's working on retiree time. He hits the gym in the morning when I'm walking the dogs and we get started around noon, plug away at it for about 5 hrs or so and then sit around and watch TV in the evening. We finished the Sopranos the other day and are watching season two of The Bear right now.

We probably have about 40-50 man hours in it so far.

The scorch is over a wood burning fireplace. Just smoke, I suppose. We haven't used it since we moved in, but may use it this winter. We'll get a chimney sweep to clean it and check it out before we do use it.

The fireplace surround is tabby, a kind of stucco with oyster shells added to the cement. It was a very common building material along the southeast coast and is used as accents now. Kind of a shout out to the people that built shit here 300 years ago. I'm going to have to figure out a way to clean it

Comment

• Tabby.

thumbnail_IMG_4736.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X