No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought about trying to recast the tub but I just didn’t want to fuck around with it. Yes that is the toilet pipe. I stuffed a rag in it to keep stuff from falling into it and to keep sewer gas from coming back up. I will buy a new toilet. The old one matched the tub
    Last edited by CGVT; January 15, 2022, 05:43 PM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Some more pictures. I replaced the old shower valve and some of the 2 x4s that had a bit of rot.
      hand an estimate of 15k to Reno the bathroom. When I get done it will be under $1500. Probably closer to $1000 23C8827A-AFCB-4CAD-9543-76F45E773EB5.jpeg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• More 48174209-456C-4890-AE87-42032C1F1D25.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          Vinyl plank flooring is tough to beat. Inexpensive, easy to install, looks great and takes a beating.
          I wish we did that in our kitchen. Couldn't sway my wife away from bamboo and I'm worried it won't last.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Sorry, Dude. Had to bust up the tub. That thing must have weighed 300 lbs. Hell, the pieces were hard to carry out of the house

thumbnail_IMG_3540.jpg
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of CGVT's bathtub while his neighbors and friends cheer it on
            Last edited by edindetroit; June 19, 2022, 07:32 PM.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• thumbnail_IMG_3650.jpg The entire house has galvanized pipe, except for the shower. I cut the old valve out and sweated the new valve in place. I had a leak in one of the elbow that I had to cut out and replace. Everything is solid now.

Comment

• Great stuff. 👌

post #272 …… what is the thicker galvy pipe going into the larger socket? That an overflow from an attic feed tank maybe?
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  thumbnail_IMG_3650.jpg The entire house has galvanized pipe, except for the shower. I cut the old valve out and sweated the new valve in place. I had a leak in one of the elbow that I had to cut out and replace. Everything is solid now.
                  That is the vent pipe for the sewer.

Going to get the tile done today. I laid it out yesterday and checked to see that everything was level and square. It looked better than expected.

I was going to get pre-mixed thinset for the tile because it has such a long working time, but my cheap ass couldn't pull the trigger on 3.5 gallons for 40 bucks so I bought a 50lb bag for $15 instead. I'll have about 2 hrs of working time after I mix it, so I'll have to move quicker than I would like, but I will try to mix just enough to do one wall at a time.

Comment

• Really? That looks about 42mm galvy? And thats the vent? We must have 100mm minimum over here for sewer vents. Fucking British and their OTT rules. Cunts.

Hats off to you carrying out the tiling. Absolute pain in the arse of a job and i use an absolute robbing bastard named Brian to do my tiling. Brilliant tiler but he’s a jambo fucker. I think i get charged “Hibernian tax” to my jobs.

i’ll post a couple before / after pics of last job in october before my son became unwell. The floor is an acquired taste by the client. Its the new “craze” over here…….. random shit on the floor.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• 46595F69-DFBB-4B84-8F8D-4013B84FE9F0.png 51D6B4D4-5D6F-437A-BC62-4A07CB270280.png

Comment

• 88E01314-49B5-4A47-8C62-A906D54BF1ED.png 6334B80E-6FA2-4C2B-B0C6-71187C7E81D3.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Really? That looks about 42mm galvy? And thats the vent? We must have 100mm minimum over here for sewer vents. Fucking British and their OTT rules. Cunts.

Hats off to you carrying out the tiling. Absolute pain in the arse of a job and i use an absolute robbing bastard named Brian to do my tiling. Brilliant tiler but he’s a jambo fucker. I think i get charged “Hibernian tax” to my jobs.

i’ll post a couple before / after pics of last job in october before my son became unwell. The floor is an acquired taste by the client. Its the new “craze” over here…….. random shit on the floor.
                          The code may have changed since this house was built in the early 60s. I know for sure that they would not use galvanized pipe any more. Everything is PVC. They aren't using copper much anymore either. Most plumbers are using PEX. I was thinking of trying it, but didn't want to come off the cash for the damn crimping tool. Ha! I'm not too bad at sweating copper and I have everything I need for that, so I'll probably never change.

The bathroom looks great. Nice tile work for sure. You're right about the floor. Wow! The tile floor at my m-i-l's house is only about 15 years old, but it is dated. I'm not fucking with it thought. It is solid and in good shape. The new renters will just have to deal with it. Ha!

Comment

• Just studying the picture further up the thread on post number 273......., looks like there was a large corner unit and the bull nose skirting tiles aren't there and you've since removed what was left. As you're keeping the tiled floor, are you able to source more of those skirt tiles because they look cool. Or are you maybe putting a wooden skirting in? Agree with the existing floor tiles looking solid. Good clean up and they'll be good as new.

And crimping tools and the press fittings? Awesome invention. My buddy has a crimping tool with accessories on HP from Hilti. Too expensive to buy he thinks so he pays 60 quid a month. Says with him mainly installing bathrooms, he sees no reason to buy. If he was installing heating mostly, he'd buy one. I do mainly only install heating and my one complaint with the crimper is when piping a Furnace cupboard with all the vessels and pumps / valves etc. I feel that on that final 0.25 seconds of "crimp", the pipe moves a millimeter or two. I remember a job at Braid Avenue in Edinburgh, August 2020, just after lockdown was lifted, (with my buddy Stupot) ....., wanted me to pipe the cupboard. I got about ten fittings into the job and I said, "Fk this shit, Stu". Everything was gradually heading off the level and it was pissing me off. Went to the merchants and picked up the Yorkshire solder ring fittings. Had it done in no time. Got a photo of that somewhere as well. Plenty job satisfaction when sweating fittings. Not so good when modern house alarms are rigged up to every room in the house........, that certainly wakes up the night shifters!

Comment

• Cant find that boiler room photo but here is a shower tray i removed a few years back. Thought you’d find it amusing. 35AEFD40-C320-47C6-8838-30232BDC36F9.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Cant find that boiler room photo but here is a shower tray i removed a few years back. Thought you’d find it amusing. 35AEFD40-C320-47C6-8838-30232BDC36F9.png
                                That is great!

When I replaced the boards on my my deck at my last house I partially buried one of these underneath it. I picked it up for 15 bucks at a yard sale. My wife thought I was nuts to plant a joke that I will never see will probably take 10 or 15 years to come to fruition, but I laugh every time that I think about the contractor that tears up that deck to rebuild or replace it and finds a "human" skeleton half buried in the sand. For me it was worth every penny. Ha!

61FMx097CZS._AC_UL320_.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X