X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    "The sea was angry that day, my friends"

(Season 5 E14) The best Costanza moment of the show
    Not reached that one yet, but sounds great and definitely sounds like itโ€™d be funny to a โ€œcoast guarderโ€! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.โ€

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      Do you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm?
      Never heard of this, Deborahโ€ฆโ€ฆ. But after a google search, and seeing Larry David as creator, will DEFINITELY be checking it out. Thanks ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ for the info.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.โ€

Comment

• โ€œThe Pickโ€ (nose picking)

Jerry: โ€œSo what, so maybe i picked. Its not like its a commandment. You think he said to Moses, thou shalt not pick?โ€

costanza: โ€œTellin you right now, Moses was a picker! He walked through the desert for 40 years. All that dry dusty air? You tellin me he didnt need to clean the house out every now and then.โ€

Seriouslyโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Going to have to stop watching this for a few days. Developing a laughing wheeze. Just way too funny.

Comment

• Can we just make this the game week thread, going forward?
          Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• I bet Patricia was a picker........

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              โ€œThe Pickโ€ (nose picking)

Jerry: โ€œSo what, so maybe i picked. Its not like its a commandment. You think he said to Moses, thou shalt not pick?โ€

costanza: โ€œTellin you right now, Moses was a picker! He walked through the desert for 40 years. All that dry dusty air? You tellin me he didnt need to clean the house out every now and then.โ€

Seriouslyโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Going to have to stop watching this for a few days. Developing a laughing wheeze. Just way too funny.
              There was no pick.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hey all of you fucking fucks! I saw that Marko69 was back so I thought I'd up date you all with the progress on my latest "projects"

After our move, I had two rental houses to update and get ready to rent out. I got one done and am working on the other. Both houses are on St Simons Island. One is a house that my wife and I bought about 12 years ago (we paid it off when we sold our house in Alabaman) and was in good shape when our tenants moved out but it needed new flooring and some TLC.

I removed the carpeting had vinyl plank flooring installed, (had to remove and reinstall the toilets, found that I had to replace the flanges and all valves) replaced the chimney cap, painted the entire interior top to bottom (patched holes, painted trim, closets etc etc) replaced pedestal sink with a vanity in the master bath, painted the shutters and front screen door a new color, painted front porch and stained the back deck, and cleaned up all of the landscaping.
                  We rented it out on Nov 1st for $1600 a month more than our old tenant were paying for it. Part of that is because we were under charging our old tenants as they had been in the house for about 10 years and part is because real estate prices have gone through the roof and there is nothing to rent long term on this island. Everything has gone to short term rentals.

Here it is after I got it ready to rent.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SZL...ew?usp=sharing

The other house is a 60+ year old beach house that my mother in law owns. It was in need of major upgrades and I have been working on it for quite a while. I'll post some pictures of that later (I'm sure that you all are waiting with bated breath...)
                  Last edited by CGVT; January 15, 2022, 10:39 AM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Vinyl plank flooring is tough to beat. Inexpensive, easy to install, looks great and takes a beating.

Comment

• Looking superb and what an increase in rent!! Hit the jackpot there. Thats brilliant. You certainly ainโ€™t afraid of putting the elbow grease into these projects.

The 60 year old beach houseโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Is this the house that you had to make an emergency trip to a few years back to make roof repairs due to the severe hurricane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Looking superb and what an increase in rent!! Hit the jackpot there. Thats brilliant. You certainly ainโ€™t afraid of putting the elbow grease into these projects.

The 60 year old beach houseโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Is this the house that you had to make an emergency trip to a few years back to make roof repairs due to the severe hurricane?
                        It is. The mother-in-law has had a series of renters in it back to back to back with no opportunity to do any work to it. She was charging rent that was so low that it barely covered the taxes and insurance so there was no money to pay anyone to do repairs on it. We got the last renters out and I have been working on it for quite a while-doing 20 years of deferred maintenance, Ha!. Paint inside and out, top to bottom. Had to remove ivy from brick, sand off the suckers and paint the outside. There were no GFCI outlets in the kitchen and all of the outlets in the bedrooms did not have ground plugs so I had to change all of that out. I completely gutted the bathroom-down to bare studs and tore out the pink cast iron bathtub and replaced it. I finished the cement board and tape this morning and will go back this afternoon and apply the Red Guard waterproofing. I will probably work on the tile tomorrow. When I get the bath done, I will start on the kitchen. Going to paint the cabinets, replace the counter tops, re-tile the back splash, replace the lights and paint walls and ceiling. May replace the 60 year old oven if I have enough $$. We are also replacing the windows, but we are contracting that out.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• IMG_9695.jpg
                          thumbnail_IMG_3427.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

It is. The mother-in-law has had a series of renters in it back to back to back with no opportunity to do any work to it. She was charging rent that was so low that it barely covered the taxes and insurance so there was no money to pay anyone to do repairs on it. We got the last renters out and I have been working on it for quite a while-doing 20 years of deferred maintenance, Ha!. Paint inside and out, top to bottom. Had to remove ivy from brick, sand off the suckers and paint the outside. There were no GFCI outlets in the kitchen and all of the outlets in the bedrooms did not have ground plugs so I had to change all of that out. I completely gutted the bathroom-down to bare studs and tore out the pink cast iron bathtub and replaced it. I finished the cement board and tape this morning and will go back this afternoon and apply the Red Guard waterproofing. I will probably work on the tile tomorrow. When I get the bath done, I will start on the kitchen. Going to paint the cabinets, replace the counter tops, re-tile the back splash, replace the lights and paint walls and ceiling. May replace the 60 year old oven if I have enough $$. We are also replacing the windows, but we are contracting that out.

I ain't kidding, you need to get your own TV show doing this. I mean seriously......, of course there are a shedload of DIY shows on TV, but these guys have "other guys" etc......, VERY FEW are tackling it all themselves. Now go get those fucking windows done ya lazy bastard!!

I am really hoping that pink cast iron bathtub came out in one piece and you didn't take a sledge to it?? Would love to see a picture of that thing.
                            Years ago, I was at a house in a place here called Kirknewton. There is an RAF base built back in WW2. The place was used by the United States Airforce units from 1952 -1966....., (I'll send a link below)....., but houses were built for these units and these houses are still there to today. I went to one of these houses years ago to quote for a new heating boiler, (furnace) and I was totally gobsmacked by the bathroom in this house. I wish I had a phone that could take pictures at the time. Was told it was "an american bathroom". The bathtub was just incredible. Beautiful creamy colour, cast iron with shelf parts built into it, AND ---->> it was sunk into the ground. Only around a foot protruded above the tiled floor area. You stepped down into the bath. I loved it. I remember it was a Dutch guy who'd bought the place. Asked him how far he'd be going with renovations......, he said, "Oh, thats all being ripped out." I could've cried. I actually said to him, "You cannot rip that bath out, NO WAY!" He just laughed. Sometimes wonder if that bath was ever stripped out.

Anyway..... great stuff by the way......, finished article pictures are always welcome.

Here is wee joke that you've reminded me of.

Old man 1: We went to the best restaurant last night

Old man 2: What's its name?

Old man 1: Oh, I have such a terrible memory. What's that flower that grows on brick?

Old man 2: Ivy?

Old man 1: That's it. (turns to his wife) Hey Ivy, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?

(Oldie, but classic! )

Comment

• Ha! I laughed at that joke. I never heard it before

Sorry, Dude. Had to bust up the tub. That thing must have weighed 300 lbs. Hell, the pieces were hard to carry out of the house

thumbnail_IMG_3540.jpg

Comment

• AW NO WAY!! DUUUUUUDE! No idea how much they fetch in the USA, (obviously not much ) .... but that would've fetched ยฃ500 minimum over here. What a fantastic retro & solid looking tub.
                                I feel a late grandad saying coming on..... "Aye, they dinnae make them like any mair, son!"

The toilet bowl shape on the floor tiles to the left? Was it a bottom exit waste and there is something stuffed down there? Or is that an old cast waste pipe from years ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X