Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are officially under contract
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Congratulations!!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats CGVT.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
          Congratulations!!
          Thanks! Next step is the inspection. Also a pool inspection...

Right now I am doing 10 years of deferred maintenance. I am in the process of repairing the fence that was fucked up after Hurricane Cindy that I half ass repaired and making sure all of the pool fixtures and equipment are working as they should. I still have to repair about 5 screens that the pressure washer wrecked, but other than that, I think we are going to be ok. We are making enough $$ on the sale that we can afford to fix stuff if needed.

We thinks that this is going to go through, but as I said before, in this market, you never know.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This has been great reading all this especially when thinking back to all the renovations you carried out just recently…… that red boarded bathroom before it was finished etc etc etc.
            Very happy that you’re going to be getting rewarded for all your strenuous efforts.
            And i must say……. I’d wager your “half assed” fence is better than most fences.

You actually remind me of my best man, Big Marko. Everything must be done to a certain standard……. Otherwise……. “Get the fk out my house!”
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Thanks! Next step is the inspection. Also a pool inspection...

Right now I am doing 10 years of deferred maintenance. I am in the process of repairing the fence that was fucked up after Hurricane Cindy that I half ass repaired and making sure all of the pool fixtures and equipment are working as they should. I still have to repair about 5 screens that the pressure washer wrecked, but other than that, I think we are going to be ok. We are making enough $$ on the sale that we can afford to fix stuff if needed.

We thinks that this is going to go through, but as I said before, in this market, you never know.
              Those stupid inspections are nearly worthless. I'm so angry with the guy who did ours on our new house. He listed a lot of things that were of little consequence but missed the big stuff. And he covered his butt so there's not much we can do. "Because I found an electrical receptacle that had reverse polarity, I suggest investing in a full electrical inspection." Well, that seems like overkill for something trivial so of course we didn't put our seller through that. Only to find that the service line to our house needed replacing, ha! Missed that, asshole.

Honestly, in this market, I don't think it would have changed anything for us, though. We wouldn't have risked losing out on the house when the odds of finding another and getting another offer accepted were so low. Hopefully your buyers feel similarly - I bet they love that house and don't want to risk losing it.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sorry, may be veering off the discussion trail slightly but that post ^^^^, Deborah made me think about a job around 18 years ago......, your use of the word "receptacle".

Long story short......, we here in the UK (Scotland in particular) call a trash can a "bucket". We were installing heating in a house in the student area of Edinburgh called Marchmont. This guy looked like "Bender" from the movie "The Breakfast Club"....., same hair and everything but wasn't an asshole like Bender......, he was the opposite. Very English and posh.
                Later on in the afternoon he returned from uni......, he asked me, "Excuse me. Where is my refuse receptacle?"
                I said, "Your what??"
                "My refuse receptacle. I have waste to dispense!"
                "Sorry buddy, but err........."
                "My, how you say....., my BUCKET?!" (emphasis on bucket making me feel like an asshole.)

Every time I read or hear the word receptacle......., I say out loud, "WHERE IS MY REFUSE RECEPTACLE" like Marchmont Bender!
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Receptacle - it's that bad $64 dollar word that only conjures up bad memories.
                  "just put your finger in that receptacle"..... Didn't tell me that the receptacle was the avenue which The MULE delivered 10,000 volts and sent my ass flying about 5 feet..... It was only later that he explained, it's not the volts that kill you - it's the amps......

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Sorry, may be veering off the discussion trail slightly but that post ^^^^, Deborah made me think about a job around 18 years ago......, your use of the word "receptacle".

Long story short......, we here in the UK (Scotland in particular) call a trash can a "bucket". We were installing heating in a house in the student area of Edinburgh called Marchmont. This guy looked like "Bender" from the movie "The Breakfast Club"....., same hair and everything but wasn't an asshole like Bender......, he was the opposite. Very English and posh.
                    Later on in the afternoon he returned from uni......, he asked me, "Excuse me. Where is my refuse receptacle?"
                    I said, "Your what??"
                    "My refuse receptacle. I have waste to dispense!"
                    "Sorry buddy, but err........."
                    "My, how you say....., my BUCKET?!" (emphasis on bucket making me feel like an asshole.)

Every time I read or hear the word receptacle......., I say out loud, "WHERE IS MY REFUSE RECEPTACLE" like Marchmont Bender!
                    Haha!! "Where is my refuse receptacle?" is very EXTRA.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Had the inspections yesterday. Termite, house and pool. froot loops will be glad to know that the pool passed with no issues ;).

The buyers want us to replace the water heaters before closing. I have no problem with that as they were about the only thing in this fucking house that we have not replaced, and I am pretty sure that they were original to the house. The plumbers are coming out Friday morning to do the job.

My wife was shocked that there was not a list of things to fix. I however, was not surprised. I fixed everything that was not working or could have been an issue in this fucking house. There wasn't even and bad light switch or burned out bulb.

All things are a go to close on the 13th. We still have a lot of packing to do before we move but we are getting rid of most of our furniture. What we can't sell is going to charity. That should lighten the load considerably.

Picture just for Loops...

thumbnail_IMG_3277.jpg

Comment

• When we sold my mom's house I took all the compact fluorescent bulbs from our house that were replaced by LEDs and put them in the ceiling fixtures and porch lights there.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Nice Photoshop filter

Comment

• Fuck this fucking fuck.

I put a couch and chair on FB Marketplace today.

I got a quick response. Here is the interaction.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 3.11.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 3.10.30 PM.png

Comment

• I like (and don’t like) the part about the Mrs being shocked at the list being a short one. The things us chaps do in the house that go unnoticed!
                              I like it because now I know i’m not in the same boat……… and don’t like it because, (example) “Mark, thats me off, remember and do x, y & z before the window people arrive.”
                              “DONE, DONE & DONE! 🤷‍♂️“

Disclaimer: Regarding “us chaps”. Fully aware women do manual labour as well. (labor for jaadam). We’re just way better at it. 👌

But regarding this Couch business? Sounds like a bit of a stress. Send me your cell number and i’ll get wee Rab to call you asap. 👌

Comment

• Plumbers are in the attic replacing the water heaters now. Probably a job I could have done, but we are a bit under the gun, it is Africa fucking hot in the attic, and those heaters are heavier than hell. They are just about done, so the job will take them less than two hours. It would have taken me two days at the least. I probably could have saved about $1500 on the install, but getting it done and not having to worry about it is worth every penny at this point.

BTW, Sold the couch and chair last night. We bought it used 5 years ago for about $500 and sold it yesterday for $350. I'm pretty happy with that
                                Last edited by CGVT; July 29, 2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X