Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post

I get the feeling pre-2020 it would have been much cheaper.

We had our roof replaced last year too. Everything is crazy expensive now.
    Prices have come back down on a lot of stuff and the supply chain issues are straightening out.

When I built the extension on my shed, lumber prices were about half of what they were when I built the main part.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wishful thinking.

Comment

• Should I show you the receipts?

Two by fours were about half what I paid for them. It took six months to get windows for my house. Now I can get them in less than two weeks.

Maybe FOX News has some better info for you?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, all you have to do is go to Home Depot. At one point I was paying $4.50 for a 2x4 now it's down to around what it was pre pandemic. But keep on listening to Fox News and wear that tin foil hat.

Comment

• Sure, lumber is down and eggs...lol

You also said... "Prices have come back down on a lot of stuff and the supply chain issues are straightening out"

I sure haven't seen anything else I can think of getting cheaper. I know people waiting months for car parts, furnace parts etc. And our grocery bill sure hasn't got cheaper.

Gas was down last week (mostly because of the winter blend starting up) but jumped 50 cents yesterday.

I finally changed my old thermostat out a couple weeks ago to a digital one and it cost me about 25% more than it was priced at last year.

Comment

• He was talking about a shed and lumber prices. He was right, lumber prices have gone down. For some reason you had to get the tinfoil hat. Take your demented takes to the politics thread. We are talking about house projects here.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Should I show you the receipts?

Two by fours were about half what I paid for them. It took six months to get windows for my house. Now I can get them in less than two weeks.

Maybe FOX News has some better info for you?
                If its two be furs yer needin…… i know a guy called HARRY Boil who could get you some…… but i think it’ll be tough; he uses them a lot on “other projects”

Sorry, laughing thinking about Harry again. Guy needs his own TV show! 👌
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• On a bathroom refurb past 6 days in central Edinburgh. And now a plasterer is required. Client themselves organised the plasterer.
                  He’s just arrived, swaggering like Liam
                  Gallagher, hood up and loudly chewing gum. 🤦‍♂️

But ……. might be an award winning plasterer though sooooooo will cease being a judgemental cunt.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• 6 days you slacker?
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Well....., here is the thing ---- >> the bathroom that was stripped out 6 days ago was probably installed in 6 days! I have pictures. Total mess. Quite a bit of work involved to get it how they want, ie, toilet moved, shower tray instead of bath etc etc......., and here is another thing ---- >> Top flat in a tenement building on Spottiswoode Street, Edinburgh. Google Earth & street view those bad boys. No getting any younger --- >> was feckin burst most days, up n doon stairs.

Even worse news......., Liam Gallagher plasterer is also a feckin jambofuckwit. Jeezo.

Comment

• Another thing ....., very nice woman at the job, tea; coffee, biscuits etc etc....., but you are generally polite and drink the drink and maybe take one, (two at the most) biscuits??

Plasterer ---- >> WHOLE plate o biscuits. Under nourished jambo fkr.

Comment

• OK Marko. What is the meaning of plasterer?
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I got rid of a 35+ year old dryer about a year and a half ago. Over the years I had done some repairs to it, but it was still running and working as advertised. It was rumbling a bit and I didn't feel like fixing it and figured it was time for a new one.

The heat quit working in the new dryer yesterday.

It was an easy job. I took off the back and checked everything for continuity and found that the culprit was a bad thermostat. It took me longer to drive to the appliance store to get the part than do the actual repair, but it still pisses me off that the damn thing needed work so soon.

thumbnail_IMG_4925.jpg

Comment

• Yep.... true of many many appliances. Especially boilers (furnaces)......, 35 years with only a few repairs. The new stuff always need parts within the year. Great that you repaired that though.

I installed an Ideal Logic boiler for a couple in the Balerno area of Edinburgh 18 months ago. Seven years warranty. It has had two new fans and various thermostats changed by Ideal themselves in that 18 months. I emailed the client and told them to demand a new complete boiler if anything else goes wrong. Was obviously a duffer on the production line.

DanO, I thought a plasterer was universal. Googled it ....., "What is a plasterer called in the USA".

An interior or exterior stucco mason?

Sounds like a detective. This is a job for Stucco Mason.​

Comment

• "DanO, I thought a plasterer was universal. Googled it ....., "What is a plasterer called in the USA"."
                                -------------------------------------Oh drywall. Gotcha. Never heard that term used before. Must be a European thing.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X