Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
    It's really not a hard job (easier than finishing drywall or most of your home remodel work imo.) Plenty of good youtube videos available. The hardest thing is disconnecting the hoses and wiring harness . Yours should be easier because of less corrosion. Get a after market radiator for about a hundred bucks plus shipping from somewhere like Rock auto.

I did one a couple months ago for a friend and it took a couple hours working at old decrepid man speed. Only busted my knuckles once...lol
    Yeah, I fix a lot of stuff on my cars. I don't buy new cars and when you drive old cars, you need to be able to fix some stuff yourself and have a decent mechanic that won't charge you dealership prices to fix things. I've lived here two years and I'm still trying to find that mechanic.

As Clint said in Magnum Force, "A man's got to know his limitations" I watched some videos earlier. Looks as if I would have to take the bumper off and it's more of a job than I think I want to deal with, so I'll take it to a place that a friend recommended. I'll see if they'll let me supply the radiator so I can save a few bucks. (Auto Zone gives a 10% military discount)

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Just shows the sheer size of the USA. 300K miles in the life of a car or van is unheard of here.
      I had a 97 VW Caddy from brand new until it was scrapped in 2010.
      125K miles in that time. Was quite proud to say β€œWent HALF WAY to the moon in that thing.”
      But your van went to the moon and a fifth back!
      300,000 miles is worth a round of applause πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• My '98 Jimmy is closing in on 300k and still running like a champ.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• BTW, I spent most of the day cleaning up. I piled up all the big stuff and filled 3 trash cans with needles and twigs. Still have to rake the back yard

thumbnail_IMG_4838.jpg
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Just shows the sheer size of the USA. 300K miles in the life of a car or van is unheard of here.
            I had a 97 VW Caddy from brand new until it was scrapped in 2010.
            125K miles in that time. Was quite proud to say β€œWent HALF WAY to the moon in that thing.”
            But your van went to the moon and a fifth back!
            300,000 miles is worth a round of applause πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
            Moon pffft. I T-boned a Mercury and clipped a Saturn with my car and it could still take out a Galaxie.
            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post

Moon pffft. I T-boned a Mercury and clipped a Saturn with my car and it could still take out a Galaxie.
              Fortunately I did not T-Caddy anything.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Fortunately I did not T-Caddy anything.

Comment

• My son inherited our old mini-van, we got that sucker well over 200k. The Caravan and Voyage minivans have an engine that seemingly runs forever. The chassis rusts out and the AC dies well before the engine.

That minivan and the one previous took us on many Griswold style vacations (dance competitions).

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    My son inherited our old mini-van, we got that sucker well over 200k. The Caravan and Voyage minivans have an engine that seemingly runs forever. The chassis rusts out and the AC dies well before the engine.

That minivan and the one previous took us on many Griswold style vacations (dance competitions).
                    In the south, rust is not an issue, but faded paint, cracked dashes and faded interiors from the sun are common.

We drive our cars until the wheels fall off, but once the electrical shit starts going they are on their last legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Confessing here......, I liked your post because I really liked that song. BUT....., I have no idea why you quoted the T-Caddy in reference.

Can you enlighten me please.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        My son inherited our old mini-van, we got that sucker well over 200k. The Caravan and Voyage minivans have an engine that seemingly runs forever. The chassis rusts out and the AC dies well before the engine.

This is what happened to the Caddy. 13 years, 125K and the engine was in its prime in a rust bucket body. The engine was recused from it and fitted somewhere else but didn't keep myself informed enough.

Comment

Confessing here......, I liked your post because I really liked that song. BUT....., I have no idea why you quoted the T-Caddy in reference.

Can you enlighten me please.
                          Even though song is talking about a train, I always think of it as a Cadillac. It would be the same in the story about a woman leaving a man. She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride. She hopped the train (or took the Caddy) and left him with nothing.

I don't know. It just popped into my head. Ha!

Comment

• Weirdo.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              Weirdo.
                              I guess so. Ha!

Comment

• A 2005 Highlander you shouldn't have to take the bumper off. The grill has to be removed but that is only like 4=5 10mm bolts on the top and a couple little clips on the bottom....But, I think the Highlanders came with 2 different motor options so yours could be different than the one I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X