No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never heard of hot water heaters being in the attic. Is that a Southern thing?
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      I've never heard of hot water heaters being in the attic. Is that a Southern thing?
      Probably. A basement is a rarity. Usually attic, laundry room or garage

I have easy access to the attic. Half door and lots of room to stand. I had to clean up a path to the heaters, but that was ok since I loaded all in a trailer so I can make a run to GA this weekend. Took the plumbers two hours. Would have taken me all weekend
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Water heaters in the attic would suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
          Water heaters in the attic would suck.
          I guess it isn't really any worse than a basement if you have easy access. I have door that goes from my bonus room into the attic and the attic has a ton of room. It is hotter that all hell during the summer, but it is not cramped or any harder to drag them up and down the stair than it would be to drag them into a basement.

If you had to try to get one up drop down ladder and ceiling hatch, it would be nightmare for sure, though.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I've had a water heater bust a release valve and dump the tank twice. It would have been a disaster in the attic.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I've had a water heater bust a release valve and dump the tank twice. It would have been a disaster in the attic.
              They have spill pans that are plumbed to a to a safe drain point. The thing would have to blow up to be a problem

Comment

• I watch a quarter of the game last night and… fuuuuck. Fuck those fucking fucks

In other news:

We closed on our house last Friday and got all the boxes and other shit into our house on St Simons Island on Saturday. We went from 3000sq ft to about 1400. For the last week we have been trying to put 10 lbs of shit in. 5 lb box. Making a trip to Goodwill about every other day. We have come to the conclusion that we have too much needless shit.
                fuck this fucking unpacking

Comment

• Good luck bud. I know we don't always agree on the politics side of things but I wish you and the family nothing but the best in the new home.

Need less shit..... You never know. You just might need some of it again.

Comment

• I dread the thought of moving precisely because of the junk I need to get rid of.

Comment

• You make me think of comedian Marc Maron and his “box of cables and chargers”……. “I just know im gonna need this shit one day, maybe when nuclear war hits or the zombie apocalype!”
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        You make me think of comedian Marc Maron and his “box of cables and chargers”……. “I just know im gonna need this shit one day, maybe when nuclear war hits or the zombie apocalype!”
                        I threw that shit out before the move. I had boxes of shit in three different places. Almost all of it old obsolete bullshit. Flip phone chargers, computer cables, telephone jacks and wires. Shit that I would never need or even be able to use because it was 20 years old.

In my garage I had a big box of old electrical cords from shit that I had thrown away. Lamp cords, cords from computers, small appliances etc etc. I cut them off when I pitched the junk because, "I might need this some day"

We got rid of a lot of junk before we moved, but not nearly enough

Who the fuck knew I was a hoarder. Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I dread the thought of moving precisely because of the junk I need to get rid of.
                          My wife and I moved 10 times courtesy of the Coast Guard. In each of those moves, the government hired a moving company to move us. They would come in a couple days before the move pack everything up and then come back with a crew and truck and haul it off on moving day. And I mean everything. If there was trash in the bin (for you @Marco69 ) they would pack it up and deliver it to your new home. Because we weren't doing the work we never got rid of much of anything. And of course almost every move coincided with a promotion, so we tended to get larger and larger homes and accumulated more junk each time we moved.
                          I had boxes in my attic that had that had three different moving stickers on them, meaning that they had been moved three times without being unpacked.

And we don't even keep stuff for our kids. We have come to the conclusion that our kids aren't going to want our shit. They don't want Aunt Beulah's china, or mom's for that matter or that out dated bedroom suite. When we die they'll just have to go through it and give it to Goodwill or throw it away anyway

Comment

• That sounds like a great way to move!

And congratulations on the move to the new locale. Hope the weather treats you good.

We had a garage sale last weekend to get rid of a lot of our junk. My husband is a bit of an inventor and is constantly McGuyvering things around here so I have a hard time talking him into letting things go. We still have a long way to go before we can fit both cars in the garage!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              That sounds like a great way to move!

And congratulations on the move to the new locale. Hope the weather treats you good.

We had a garage sale last weekend to get rid of a lot of our junk. My husband is a bit of an inventor and is constantly McGuyvering things around here so I have a hard time talking him into letting things go. We still have a long way to go before we can fit both cars in the garage!
                              I did the same thing. Although I think in my case if was more of being a cheap bastard. Ha! I had a farmer's garage full of shit in the suburbs. If you live out in the sticks, it makes sense to have all kinds of stuff to fix things, but living 15 minutes from Lowe's and Home Depot it makes much less, bu who knew when those piles of shit would save me a 5 minute trip to the hardware store? Of course, when I needed some of that stuff, I had no idea where I had put it and had to run to the store anyway. Ha!

I purged a lot of it before I moved because most of it is pretty cheap and it is only a 5 minute run to the nearest Ace Hardware

Our biggest issue will be culling the kitchen stuff. We had used our china as our everyday dishes since we were married and decided not to use it anymore. I put six medium size boxes of it in the attic. Someday our kids will have to get rid of it. Ha! We still have about a half dozen boxes of pots and pans and assorted gadgets in the garage that I have to go through. Some of it we haven't used in 20 years. That will have to go. We'll have to decide what is necessary and what is not. We are finding out that we need much less than we have.

Comment

• I find myself more attached to the kids shit than they are. It is time consuming going through that shit. It is very hard to go through and cull stuff you don't need unless you have a deadline. It's like having 3 weeks to write a paper and you are starting it the day before.
                                Last edited by froot loops; August 23, 2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X