No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure, he's obviously a downgrade over Sweeney. It's a sunk cost, but when you are paying a guy that much, it shades your judgment. If he is going to rejuvenate, it won't be in Comerica Park. The lesson is don't overpay for right handed pull hitters. It doesn't work in Comerica. If you are right handed, you better be able to hit it to all fields like Magglio or Miguel could.
    Last edited by froot loops; September 13, 2024, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Hell, actually making contact with the ball would do a hell of a lot more for Baez than where he pulls it. The dude's plate discipline is beyond trash. You'd think he thinks he's Vlad Guerrero with the garbage he swings at on the regular.

Comment

• I would put him in the rear view mirror and move on

Comment

• It's easier to do that now that they traded for Sweeney.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            It's easier to do that now that they traded for Sweeney.
            Is Sweeney a legit starter though?
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Tough loss yesterday. Gotta take the series today to stay in it. Go Yankees, Go Reds.
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Is Sweeney a legit starter though?
                He's a more legit starter than Baez is at the his point. Prior to the Sweeney trade they had nobody in the minors that was ready. When they brought up Kriedler earlier in the season, he was even worse than Navy. Sweeney is playing much better than. Baez was, so he is a legit replacement. He will still find himself platooned, but over a season he won't have a .540 OPS. You just can't have that.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Tigers won again. Keep surprising 😀

Comment

• Tigers won today, 4-2, to take the 3-game series from the Orioles.

Riley Greene had 2 home runs, 3 RBIs to help the Bengal attack.

Win was by Montero, K

Save was by Foley, his 23rd of the season.​
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Great series win. Big matchup coming up with the KC Royals, they have not done well versus the Royals this year. Twins play a 4 game set in Cleveland. So go Guardians I guess.

Comment

• What a turn of events in tonight’s games. Tigers storm back after a 1-5 deficit as they have the lead in the 7th. Twins choke away their game as they were leading 3-0 for the longest time.

Find a way to HOLD tonight. Then tomorrow’s
                        Mize start would be the biggest Tigers game in recent memory as Skubal starts the following day.

So you’re saying there’s a chance…​
                        Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 16, 2024, 08:58 PM.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What a turn of events! At 9 PM, the dream was on life support. Now 1.5 back.

Comment

• HOLD worked! Keep playing. Lots of ball left
                            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Brieske hitting 100 for the K and inducing a GIDP on the next pitch is something to file in the memory bank.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X