No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tigers have the best team ERA of all of MLB the last couple weeks with essentially two starters. The pen has been disappointing in a traditional way with how they don't have a closer, don't really get swinging strikeouts. By some metrics it ranks near the bottom since May. But it has been really good with how many bullpen games they have had since the deadline

I think this is an extended spring training, but their closing schedule has a lot of bad teams on it
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Nice win

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers sweep the lowly Chi-Sox and get to .500. Chicago's bullpen is very bad. They have 31 wins with 30 to. That's a good bet to match the 2003 Tigers, they have probably not chance to match the 47 win 2019 Tigers

With all the young guys coming up, this team is a much better lineup than what started the season. They have a lot of left handed hitters and have a lot of flexibility.
          Last edited by froot loops; August 26, 2024, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• They have to go 16-14 the rest of the way to hit 82-80 my preseason prediction for them.

Would JV come back?
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I've never seen a manager handle the pitching staff like the way Hinch manages this staff. It's crazy that there isn't a real setup man or closer. It takes a lot of buy in from the pitchers, you probably would have a tough time with more established relievers because there is not counting stats that help your salary. I'm not sure this is sustainable unless you have a bunch of young relievers on the farm to do this but it's fun right now

Comment

• Hinch really is one of the more underrated managers in MLB. The way he has managed the team the last two years is amazing.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  Hinch really is one of the more underrated managers in MLB. The way he has managed the team the last two years is amazing.
                  If only the Owner is truly committed to winning.

When the last game of this year's World Series is done, whenever that day is, it'll be 4 decades since the Detroit Tigers were World Series champions.

Right now, there is nobody under 45 or so that even remembers the '84 team, and that's sad.
                  "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

When the last game of this year's World Series is done, whenever that day is, it'll be 4 decades since the Detroit Tigers were World Series champions.

Right now, there is nobody under 45 or so that even remembers the '84 team, and that's sad.
                    I don’t know if any sentence has ever made me feel so old.
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• 2006 was such an unexpected year I can say I had as much joy that year as possible. I was living in Alaska in 1984.
                      I was living in Seattle in 2006, and 2012.
                      Everytime I live in Detroit area they suck.

Comment

• I saw Baez out for rest of year. Did he hurt his arms by over swinging?

Comment

• Did not hear anything on Baez. The next two series are gonna get interesting. Angels are a winnable series, and Boston is chasing the final wild card spot...
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Baez out with lower hip injury. Surgery required. Gonna miss his 200 avg

Comment

• They've now won 12 of the last 15. They are 5.5 out of the last wild card team (Twins). 29 games and you have the Mariners and Red Sox in between. It's not impossible but they would have to probably play .750 ball the rest of the way to ensure a playoff berth. Not likely, but let's see.

Back when they blew it up 7 years ago, the big talking point was it would be fun to watch the kids play. It wasn't very fun for 6 years. Last year in August and September we started to see signs of it, now it's in full bloom. The team is young and athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Sighs. The first time the Tigers showed life since Chris Illitch took over, they went out and did spend

Javier Baez 140/6
                                Erod 80/4 (opt out after year 2)
                                Tucker Barnhart 7.5/1
                                Andrew Chafin 6.5/1

That was 234 million that was spent right off the top of my head. They spent it on the wrong players but they did spend.

This last offseason there was some decent spending.

Maeda 32/2
                                Flaherty 14/1
                                Canha 11/1
                                Chafin 6.5/1
                                Miller 2.5/1

That's 66 million. Not a huge amount but a lot more active than Harris previous offseason.

I wonder if Verlander might be real fit this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X