Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Welcome back Kerry Carpenter. I kind of felt like the season was going to go straight into the shitter after the deadline, but they are plugging away. It reminds me a few mediocre Radar teams that would emulate Sisyphus in trying to get beyond .500.

Trey Sweeney is tearing it up down in Toledo. Maybe he is an answer to platoon at short next season. They have a lot of young hitters for next season but I'm not sure how it all works defensively. It would be fantastic if Meadows could prove he could be an average hitter. He is the only plus defender they have.

They have a lot of work to do with the pen and getting at least one quality starter. They can't find themselves needing to do a bullpen game once or twice a week
    Carpenter did it again! Tie game 2-2 with two out in the bot of 8
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Tigers right now start Skubal and Montero. Bulk inning guys are Sammons, Maeda and one other that slips my mind.

The lineup actually looks interesting for next year assuming health. Meadows, Greene, Carpenter and JHM taking most of the OF/DH PAs. DD and Rogers handling the C duties. Keith has 2b locked down.

Jace Jung is probably the favorite for 3b, Vierling is a possible time share option. Baez contract has SS locked down. 1b is a real question best outcome would be Torkelson to bounce back. I don't think they would be in the market for Alonso. But maybe for Justin Turner?

Skubal, Olson, probably Jobe with Mize, Maeda, Montero and Manning for the last two spots. Jaden Hamm will be in Erie to start the year. They could use a really solid mid rotation guy that makes 28-30 starts.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Akil Baddoo smokes one for the extra innings walk-off

Comment

• I’ve got a soft spot for this team. They’re scrappy as hell. Their record is impressive considering how awful the offense is. And there’s enough young talent to provide some hope. Yes, the ownership and management doesn’t inspire confidence, but they’re kinda easy to root for. (Says the guy who thought something similar and decided to really go all in on the Lions in the mid 80s.)

Comment

• I could be alone here, but management gives me a lot of confidence. Harris hasn't had many misses yet.

Comment

• They released Urhsela today so the young guys can play...THe last 50 games will be an interesting follow....THis offseason will be the most important in a decade...

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                They released Urhsela today so the young guys can play...THe last 50 games will be an interesting follow....THis offseason will be the most important in a decade...
                Phoebe's sister?
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Is Hinch trying to lose this game on purpose? Rookies and 4 guys in the lineup under .200?
                  Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Its what he’s got to work with

Comment

• Gave the Yankees a taste of their own shut out medicine earlier today, beating New York 4-0.

Tarik Skubal, the Tigers, and the Yankees go play in another venue tomorrow for the final game of this 3-game series.
                      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• The good news: The Tigers had Skubal on the mound.

The bad news: The Tigers hitters made the Yankees pitchers look like Skubal on the mound.

Comment

• Tork struck out with a wild swing on what would have been a ball?

That doesn't sound like... oh wait... no that sounds exactly like what he always does.

Comment

• Ball game 3-2 to the good guys. Keith, Jung and Meadows came up big along with McKinstry.

Comment

• I suppose it's good to see the Tigers winning games the way they did early in the season.

Comment

• They won yesterday 4-0. Today was one of the few games where Tarik Skubal wasn't gifted an absurd amount of runs.

The games now are little more than extended spring training for the young guys. It's important for the new call-ups to see major league pitching before starting next year. But there's not much to be learned from wins and losses. I thought they would plummet after the deadline and injuries but they still might come in around .500.

One of the keys is seeing if Meadows can just get to a stage as a major league hitter. His fielding is so good that he was a replacement level player when he was only hitting .100. He makes that outfield defense great and it keeps Greene out of center to save his body

Comment

Working...
                                X