Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    That seems like of harsh. I doubt the Orioles are willing to part with enough to get there, but if they did it could possibly solidify a starting lineup for years It has to be at least two major league ready players and maybe more

But if it is two good position players, then it's a hypothetical math equation 2.5 years of Skubal for 12 years of the position players.

This seems like it s a lot more media buzz than real fire. They might sell something but it would most likely be Flaherty, Canha, a reliever or one of the catchers. Spare parts for prospect trades are the trades that can make sense. They kind of need to trade Kelly to open up a spot for Dingler, but I'm not sure there is anyone out there.with a need
    DITTO!!!!
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• The one thing to think about with all of these hypothetical deals is they are seemingly for position players. Let's say.for the sake of argument you do trade Skubal and Flaherty. You could possibly fill out your starting lineup with young players for the foreseeable future but your rotation next year is Olson and Mize and a lot of question marks. Right now, minors doesn't have much pitching outside of Jobe. When 2 injuries force you to bullpen games in two of three games you are tapped out.

Comment

• And they had to go the bullpen route again yesterday to earn a split with Cleveland.

Back home today for 3 games vs. the Twins, and then a series with Cleveland when the Trade deadline hits on July 30th at 6 P.M. EST.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Lost the first game at home vs. the Twins last night, 9-3.

Riley Greene also got placed on the Injured List as well.
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers win today 7-2.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Colten continues to mash.

Comment

• Got only ONE hit today and lost the rubber game and home series to the Twins today, 5-0.

Starting a home series vs. Cleveland tomorrow.
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• Casey Kelly traded to Texas for a couple prospects. Opens a spot for Dillon D.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Any thoughts on the trade of Flaherty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      Any thoughts on the trade of Flaherty?
                      Meh.

We'll see what the future end results will be, but for now, this team desperately needs some high quality bats along with dependable arms after Skubal.
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• B- trade. Hopefully Sweeney can play short for the Tigers ASAP. Not that he's a long term solution but he is a left handed hitter and can play short or maybe third. The Tigers have no organizational depth at shortstop so he should help. The catcher is a switch hitter that has potential power. He is the more important player, Caputo likes.him better than how he is rated as a prospect for LA.

If they weren't going to sign him, that's fine that they traded him. The return they received is probably better than a comp pick. But the rotation next year looks sketchy.

The rest of the trades make a pu pu platter. It seems like a lot of busy work to makes it look like Harris is doing something.

Comment

• They were all players that were not going to be here next year, or at least were at the end of their contracts (Tigers could still sign them as FAs if they want), so I guess getting something for them with the possibility of the trades working out well for the Tigers is worth a shot....They have too many teams to pass to really have kept going for it this year.

Comment

• Blessyouboys is higher on the trades than I was. I hope they are right.
                            Scott Harris dealt away four MLB players — all new to the team in 2024 — while acquiring eight total minor-leaguers.

Comment

• That's kinda the thrust of it. The Tigers had no intention of signing these guys, and so traded them for what they could get.

Twentieth verse, same as the first.

Comment

• To me it seems like they are farther away to contend for next season than they were going into this season. It wouldn't take much imagination to figure out some modest additions to the team along with the young players developing a little more. But most of that imagination exercises involved with extending Flaherty and picking up Chafin's option. The starting rotation is a mess and the bullpen has been disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X