No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never said they were going to turn into a top 10 offense, you can look back there and post anything I said to that effect.

It is fun that we are seeing some young bats start to develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

And unless Baltimore or the LA Dodgers offer at least 4-5 top of the line players for Tarik Skubal at the trading deadline, don't trade him at all.
      This topic is all anyone talks about on 97.1, it's tiresome. The team is playing good baseball and nobody talks about it

If Baltimore gave up Mayo and Holliday along with a couple good prospects, I would take that I think. Generally these trades don't involve two top prospects. Even if they did that trade, it creates more of a log jam. The Tigers have a lot of good middle infielders bats that aren't all that good at defense.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I never said they were going to turn into a top 10 offense, you can look back there and post anything I said to that effect.

It is fun that we are seeing some young bats start to develop.
        Okay, so then you declared a banal fact for... what reason?

"The earth is round!"

"Okay... and? Is that supposed to be a solution for some problem?"

"Nope, I just said it for fun!"

Comment

• Just Win, Baby!
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Go back and read the posts, it's all there Hoss. You yourself predicted they would stay at the 3.5 runs per game, that the weather didn't matter
            Last edited by froot loops; July 23, 2024, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• I have read it, "hoss" and I think you're grossly misinterpreting what I said. The only question is if you're doing it willfully.

Comment

• Now, what I will say is that they've looked REALLY good offensively these last three weeks or so where've won 11 of 13. If they can actually sustain that, they can make up a ton of ground in the AL Central.

You're clearly a lot more certain this is a new normal than I am.

Comment

This topic is all anyone talks about on 97.1, it's tiresome. The team is playing good baseball and nobody talks about it

If Baltimore gave up Mayo and Holliday along with a couple good prospects, I would take that I think. Generally these trades don't involve two top prospects. Even if they did that trade, it creates more of a log jam. The Tigers have a lot of good middle infielders bats that aren't all that good at defense.

​​​​​
                  Well Holliday would take over SS the only reason he was at 2b is because of Gunner Henderson.. Mayo would be the future 3b.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• It's going to be interesting what the Detroit Tigers do at the Trading Deadline a week from today.

Do they trade Skubal for a bunch of prospects?

And what of our other pitcher that becomes a Free Agent at the end of this year's World Series?

Personally, I don't think that this team has enough everyday solid hitters or quality starting/bullpen pitching to compete for the AL Central crown, much less a Wild Card.

We'll see how things turn out by next Tuesday.
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• They can stand pat finish around .500 and regroup for the next season. The team is on the upswing with some of the young hitters and some good players on the farm that are pretty close. If somebody blows them away with prospects for Skubal, maybe you trade them, but I think the speculation is overheated. A team like Baltimore is highly unlikely to part with the kind of prospects needed to acquire Skubal.

The worst thing the franchise can do is get pressured into a dumb deal like they did with the Verlander trade. A first ballot hall of famer that guaranteed an Astro title for a pupu platter. At the time of the trade people loved the pupu. platter for some unknown reason

Comment

• They have shown that they can compete and win against some of the best in MLB. It is time for Chris Ilitch to make a statement. Open up the purse strings (so to speak) and bolster this roster.
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

They can stand pat finish around .500 and regroup for the next season. The team is on the upswing with some of the young hitters and some good players on the farm that are pretty close. If somebody blows them away with prospects for Skubal, maybe you trade them, but I think the speculation is overheated. A team like Baltimore is highly unlikely to part with the kind of prospects needed to acquire Skubal.

The worst thing the franchise can do is get pressured into a dumb deal like they did with the Verlander trade. A first ballot hall of famer that guaranteed an Astro title for a pupu platter. At the time of the trade people loved the pupu. platter for some unknown reason
                          If Dave Dombrowski was still in charge of the Detroit Tigers when the Justin Verlander trade went down, he would've made sure that the Tigers would have gotten more than the moldy vomit that we got for Verlander. The same thing goes for the other trades such as JD Martinez as well.

Al Avila was way out of his depth as a General Manager, and the Houston Astros (and the rest of MLB) took full advantage of him.
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• I'm not sure on that one with Dombrowski. Maybe he would have found something better, but people in Detroit vociferously applauded that deal at the time.

My personal opinion that I state around this time every year is deadline day is overrated and trading established players for prospects is a losing game for the most part

Comment

• If they trade Tarik Skubal for prospects, I'm done with this Franchise until either the Ilitches sell, or they somehow make it to another World Series.
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• That seems like of harsh. I doubt the Orioles are willing to part with enough to get there, but if they did it could possibly solidify a starting lineup for years It has to be at least two major league ready players and maybe more

But if it is two good position players, then it's a hypothetical math equation 2.5 years of Skubal for 12 years of the position players.

This seems like it s a lot more media buzz than real fire. They might sell something but it would most likely be Flaherty, Canha, a reliever or one of the catchers. Spare parts for prospect trades are the trades that can make sense. They kind of need to trade Kelly to open up a spot for Dingler, but I'm not sure there is anyone out there.with a need

Comment

Working...
                                X