Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then:

During football season. "When are the Tigers pitchers and catchers reporting?"
    During baseball season. "Well at least the Pistons look ready for the season."
    During basketball season. "Well the Wings will make the playoffs anyway."

Now:

All year: "Kick the damn football already."

The apocalypse is nigh.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Lost again last night, 5-2.

I feel sorry for the pitchers, because you almost have to throw a shutout in order to have a chance to win a game, and with Detroit's putrid hitting, that's not a given.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Game synopsis from last night, courtesy of the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press:

The Detroit Tigers managed just two hits — as many homers as the Los Angeles Angels had on Friday in their 5-2 victory in Anaheim, California.
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers just lost in 10 innings, 6-5, blowing a 5-2 lead late and a rare chance of a win for Olson, who went 6 innings allowing 2 runs and had 9 strikeouts.
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers trying to win 1 game in the 4-game series in Anaheim.

They were up 7-1 to start the bottom of the 9th, it's now 7-6.
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Nolan Schanuel strikes out, so the Tigers hold on, 7-6.
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Going into the All Star break 47-50. It's starting to come.together for some of the young hitters. Probably not going to get to the playoffs,.but they aren't out of it. Colt Keith is mashing.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Going into the All Star break 47-50. It's starting to come.together for some of the young hitters. Probably not going to get to the playoffs,.but they aren't out of it. Colt Keith is mashing.
                  Sweeping Cincinnati on the road, and then taking 3 of 4 from Cleveland in Detroit, before taking 2 of 3 from the LA Dodgers, with both wins the team having to tie up the game in the 9th-- and yesterday's was an extra inning affair, they are looking decent, but with the upcoming road trip to Toronto and then Cleveland to start the 2nd half of the season, and some home games vs. the Twins and Guardians to end the month (and at the Trading Deadline as well), A.J. Hinch and Company should see where the Tigers are as far as post season prospects are.
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Flew into town for the series vs the LAD...1st time back to Comerica in a few years at least. Place was awesome all weekend! Should have won Friday and lost the last 2, but will take the opposite. They're a few good bats away from having something.

Good day 1 of the draft too.

Comment

• Plus they are dealing with injuries...younger bats are stepping up. All star break comes at a good time to heal up and assess what to do at the deadline.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I've watched the All Star game maybe twice in the last five years. I don't watch much baseball at all, but I wanted to see what they had to say about the Tigers players in the game and what little they would say about the Tigers in general. Both times when the Tiger was due to hit, they had their Big Papi with a mic bullshit for that half of the inning.

Fuck MLB
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I always wonder with things like that and in game interviews, who is that appealing to? It's like they are trying to make fetch happen.

Comment

• I just remembered that the last time I watched the All Star game was Cabrera's last appearance. (that is why I watched) They fawned over Pujols the entire game, but cut to Big Papi during the half inning of Miggy's at bat.

Fuckers.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• All sports drive me nuts when they cut away from play in progress to do an interview or some other gimmick. It not only doesn't add a thing, it subtracts from the game. Another thing that drives me nuts is the special guest commentator for an inning. Most of the time if not all, the action is an afterthought. Just show the game.

The one sport that doesn't really do this is the NFL. They pay attention to the game. Ron Pitts and Kenny Albert do not need in game interviews or special guest analysts.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                All sports drive me nuts when they cut away from play in progress to do an interview or some other gimmick. It not only doesn't add a thing, it subtracts from the game. Another thing that drives me nuts is the special guest commentator for an inning. Most of the time if not all, the action is an afterthought. Just show the game.

The one sport that doesn't really do this is the NFL. They pay attention to the game. Ron Pitts and Kenny Albert do not need in game interviews or special guest analysts.
                                Eh, the NFL started dipping their toe in the pool with the recent obsession with noting various celebrities in the stands, though at the least they've kept it to "dead" time between plays or possession to this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X