No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the White Sox come to town..>Far and away the worst team in baseball.....Anything less than a sweep is a disappointment

Comment

• Losing Carpenter has hurt them, they are close to being done for the year. They probably don't even come close to my 81-81 prediction. The whole thing about run prevention with the pitching and defense hasn't come to fruition. It looked good early but a lot of that was Meadows. Keith was playing defense above his projection and has come crashing back and the shortstop position is below average defensively.

Comment

• Yippee, the Tigers won at home tonight vs. the worst team in MLB, the Chicago White Sox, 2-1.

Detroit's hitting is beyond pathetic, even in a win.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• The Tigers one swing of the bat was greater than the White Sox one swing of the bat.

Comment

• The Good News: The Tigers have scored six runs.

The Bad News: It's taken them six games to do it.
            Last edited by chemiclord; June 22, 2024, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Bad news, folks. It's only 70 in Detroit right now.

The Tigers might somehow score negative runs with how cool it is.

Comment

• Oh, nevermind, they'll score double digits today and fluff the season totals so that it looks somewhat respectable.

Comment

• It's kinda funny. In the last eight games, they've scored 28 runs (so far). If you just took that snapshot, and averaged it out, it would look like a fairly middling 3.4 runs per game. Nothing great, mind you, but you'd think that the offense was at least treading water.

Until you looked a little closer, and discovered 22 of those runs came in two games.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    It's kinda funny. In the last eight games, they've scored 28 runs (so far). If you just took that snapshot, and averaged it out, it would look like a fairly middling 3.4 runs per game. Nothing great, mind you, but you'd think that the offense was at least treading water.

Until you looked a little closer, and discovered 22 of those runs came in two games.
                    9-0 middle of the 5th vs. the White Sox.

I'm still not impressed, since they lost 5-1 yesterday to the worst team in MLB, AT HOME.

But, you're right. This team simply can't hit for horse manure, and that why the season is almost over with -- and we're not even in the month of July yet!
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers win 11-2 vs. White Sox, taking 2 of 3 from the worst team in baseball, but now host one of the best teams in baseball in the Philadelphia Phillies (ran currently by former Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski) Monday night.
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• With just about every sports article behind a paywall now, it’s hard to get the big picture on the Tigers from a distance. Obviously they can’t hit and the young bats that have come up through the system aren’t panning out. Is there any sense this pitching can be built upon to become an above .500 team in the next couple of years? There doesn’t seem to be much optimism in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post
                          With just about every sports article behind a paywall now, it’s hard to get the big picture on the Tigers from a distance. Obviously they can’t hit and the young bats that have come up through the system aren’t panning out. Is there any sense this pitching can be built upon to become an above .500 team in the next couple of years? There doesn’t seem to be much optimism in here.
                          Perhaps... until you realize the plan will be to sell off those pitchers for prospects over the next couple years.

All part of Chris I.'s design since the last time he was in charge; to be three years away every three years.

Comment

• Tigers lose 2 of 3 to Philly, with the latest being a 6-2 defeat this afternoon, and they now hit the road starting tomorrow night in Anaheim.
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Shut out last night, 5-0 in Anaheim.

This team can't hit for anything, and I'm marking time until Detroit Lions training camp opens next month.

Once that happens, then so long Detroit Tigers until 2025.
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Enjoy your summer🙂

Comment

Working...
                                X