No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's unfair that Skenes can hit 102 and have a 94 mph splitter. And he didn't really have a splitter prior to this spring. His out pitch was supposed to be a devastating slider and so far he hasn't used it.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

How about Luis Arraez, the guy the Miami Marlins traded that has won Batting titles in both leagues?

Could the Tigers gotten him before he was traded to San Diego??
      Arraez can flat out hit. Defensively he is challenged (and that is being kind). I do agree they need a leadoff type of guy though.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• They definitely need a guy who can hit like Arraez. The problem is positionally where would you put him. With Carpenter, Keith, Jung, Vierling, and Malloy you have a bunch of guys who can hit but it's unclear what their long term position is supposed to be. Two of those of those guys are in the minors. Right now they use DH, 3rd and CF in a rotation but it has hurt the defense.

One thing to consider is the offense is starting to perk up. The disappointment so far has been the pen. The bullpen and defense were really good the first 20 games, but they have regressed since

​​​​​

Comment

• Defensively they really really miss Parker Meadows in CF. They also really really miss having a bona fide leadoff hitter.

CArpenter being hurt is not going to help matters, but maybe Baddoo can establish himself as that...he can be a dynamic offensive playee
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Baddoo has shown flashes, just not consistency. Onto Boston, Red Sox are going to be another test.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• So... when do ya'll think the Tigers trade Skubal for prospects and about how many packs of bubble gum?

Comment

• Too many people are talking about that. They really want the Tigers to finish their Marlin transformation.

Comment

• Listen, you just don't understand that Chris Illitch is simply too poor to field a proper team!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Too many people are talking about that. They really want the Tigers to finish their Marlin transformation.
                    And the local sports radio people can't even get basic Skubal facts right. A duo was filling in for Huge the other day and they were advocating trading Skubal because he doesn't have a contract for next year so they would lose him.

He is club control through the 2026 season. I mean my God that is a basic thing.

As for the Tigers as of right now. I think they are a minor buy team. I like Tommy Edman (currently injured) as a possibility. Can play 2/ss/CF and is a potential leadoff guy.

Comment

• The Tigers are going to be a minor sell team, and then a major sell team next year, because they don't want to lose Skubal for nothing, dontcha know?

Yes, I know, they could pay Skubal, and when Chris Illitch is done laughing at the very idea, I'm sure he'll consider it for 5 seconds before putting Skubal on the trading block. Because the Tigers are three years away every three years. Exactly how Chris I. wants it.

Comment

• I reiterate this around this time every year, but the trade deadline is overrated. Its really overrated for trading established ballplayers for prospects You are better off trading lower rated prospects for pricy veterans.

I don't ever remember a player like Skubal getting traded for 3 prospects where two of the prospects became very good players at the MLB level. The stuff they are talking about with trading Skubal on the radio describes a fantasyland that doesn't exist. He's the best pitcher in baseball currently. The Ilitches have owned the Tigers for over thirty years and for twenty of those years, they were sellers and the only decent haul was the deadline before DD got fired. Fulmer, Norris and Boyd along with Jacoby Jones. That is not earth shattering.

Comment

• Tigers end up with a 1-5 road trip (losing 2 of 3 in Houston and then got swept by the Braves) by losing in Atlanta today, 7-0, and return back to Detroit vs. the White Sox Friday night with a 34-40 record, 4th in the AL Central.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Those last 6 games Tigers scored 0, 13 (Verlander scratched from start), 1, 1, 1, 0

Comment

• Don't worry. Once the temps hit 100, those bats will start cookin'!

Comment

• don't want to stay stick a fork in them just yet, but sure does look like its gonna happen, just a matter of time.
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X