No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They rolled 3 left handers so AJ wouldn't use Kerry Carpenter. We can't watch Baez for 3 more seasons can we? He is so washed.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      They rolled 3 left handers so AJ wouldn't use Kerry Carpenter. We can't watch Baez for 3 more seasons can we? He is so washed.
      And we have people on sports talk radio griping about Jared Goff's new contract.

At least Goff has produced, and when he doesn't, Brad Holmes already has a Plan B and C available down the line.

I like the starting pitching and the bullpen somewhat, but the hitting is gosh awful.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

They rolled 3 left handers so AJ wouldn't use Kerry Carpenter. We can't watch Baez for 3 more seasons can we? He is so washed.
        I know it would cost a fortune to release Baez, but he is literally everything opposite of what Scott Harris wants in a hitter.

Comment

• Tigers working on earning two consecutive shutouts. 16 inning scoreless streak

Comment

• and there it is...back to back shutouts against one of the worst teams in baseball.

Comment

• I believe they had runners in scoring position in only 4 of those 18 innings and one of those was the ghost runner.

Comment

• It's so annoying that they have a pitching staff like this and they trot out Baez, Kelly, Rogers and McKinstry on the regular. Colt Keith needs to go back down, his OPS is .588. You really shouldn't have more than one guy under .600 OPS.

Comment

• This is the epitome of this offense.

Comment

This is the epitome of this offense.

The end of the Tweet was funny as hell.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Don't worry, guise! Once the temperature gets to 100 or so, they'll be raking!

Comment

• They raked last night in the desert heat. 13-0. Of course they do it for the pitcher who least needs in in Skubal. He had a perfect game going into the 5th but once they got a hit off him he went one more inning to turn it over to the pen.

Of note Colt Keith went 4 for 5.

​​​​​​​ I continue to be impressed by Perez at the plate, he rarely has a bad AB. He wasn't thought to be much of a prospect. But he has a little pop, switch hits and is a great base runner. There isn't a big league book out on him, so you don't get too excited but he has hit at every level

Comment

• It has all the hallmarks of a team that has no fucking idea what they're doing at the plate. Sometimes, they'll get a string of (lucky) contact, but for the most part they're listless and lost offensively.

Sometimes, it looks like they might as well be going up there blindfolded and swinging at random.

Comment

• Some of that is true especially with Baez. but nobody said this was going to be a good offense. They are 20th in runs per game and they have a lot of young hitters. You hope guys like Keith adjust to major league pitching, because he does have a decent approach at the plate. If he has a .477 OPS for the whole year they are fucked. When you are 20th in runs per game it means a fair amount of teams are worse offensively. They were near the bottom of the league the last two years. And in the last two years the offense perked up in the second half of the season. Most people missed it because they checked out after the first two months.

The formula for this year was going to be relying on the pitching while they see what they have with the young guys. So far the pitching has more than held up their bargain, while the young guys have for the most part have been well below replacement level.

Comment

• It was 91 degrees in Phoenix today at game time.

Comment

It was 91 degrees in Phoenix today at game time.
                                Thank you, Sonny Elliot
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X