No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, I think we should give Al credit for drafting him. Also Al should get credit for drafting Kerry Carpenter. We rarely ever see a late round pick make it for the Tigers. And when I mean rare, I mean I don't remember any position players at all producing from beyond the first 5 rounds. We just need for the manager to not worry about platoon splits with Carpenter. Play him every day, a .738 OPS against lefties is great for this lineup relatively speaking.

Al was a bad GM, but I grade him on a curve like I did Radar. As long as the owner is Chris Ilitch, your job is extremely hard.

Comment

• Toronto curb stomped us tonight to the tune of a 12-2 beat down at home.

38-49 record and 3rd in the worst division in baseball.

I don't care that we're somehow in the AL Central race, this team is beyond trash.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Manoah wasn't cutting it in the Florida Complex League so they made him face the Tigers as an ego boost.

Comment

• Jonathan Schoop has been DFA

Riley Greene will be activated today
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
            Jonathan Schoop has been DFA

Riley Greene will be activated today
            Schoop hitting .213 (combined with hitting .202 last season) with zero home runs, seven RBIs, 13 walks, 37 strikeouts and a .550 OPS in 55 games this year with absolutely no power at all will get you cut, even with this abysmal roster.
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• This team reminds me so much of the other Illitch team. Both the Wings and Tigers aren’t good and even when the division is weak or they get on a roll they fold and go back to being bottom feeders.

It’s terrible to watch
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Schoop hitting .213 (combined with hitting .202 last season) with zero home runs, seven RBIs, 13 walks, 37 strikeouts and a .550 OPS in 55 games this year with absolutely no power at all will get you cut, even with this abysmal roster.
                He's been on cruise control for three seasons. Can't believe it took them so long

Comment

• Ohhhhh I don’t know about that. When I said he sucked this last off season we had several people talking about how good he was
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Schoop was good in Minny for a spell and one season with the Tigers. I thought he was still a pretty good defender but you can't go half a season without a homer( as a power hitter)....

Comment

• He has a pretty good player the year he signed the extension. He fell off a cliff since then, but he's 31. It's a lesson to any aspiring GMs, be leery of payimg for past.performance. Bill James made the observation the most common time regular players peak is age 27, hall of fame players are the exception. Schoop is definitely in the former category.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        He has a pretty good player the year he signed the extension. He fell off a cliff since then, but he's 31. It's a lesson to any aspiring GMs, be leery of payimg for past.performance. Bill James made the observation the most common time regular players peak is age 27, hall of fame players are the exception. Schoop is definitely in the former category.
                        True though at the time of the extension was personally in different to it. 2 years @7.5 per seemed reasonable. Even though most 2b drop off a cliff in their early 30s
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Tigers no hit the Jays.

Comment

• Missed the game, but Tigers threw a combined no-hitter against Toronto this afternoon at home, winning the game 2-0.

Matt Manning and two other relievers did the job after the crap show the team put on display last night.
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Just when I think they can’t get any dumber… they totally redeem themselves!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Pretty rare feat, first in Tiger history and only 20 in MLB history

Comment

Working...
                                X